• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bladedance of Elementalers (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Scarlet watching her master spoiler[pretty much playing with herself], of course followed by the spoiler[awkward walk in scene]. Oh, and Est spoiler[threatening to end the horse] chewing on her knee highs.

Oh, Fianna is also totally a spoiler[tsundere too, she just hides it by pretending tot tease him by pretending to want to do naughty things].
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Claire: "We're not there yet, Est? spoiler[We've been walking for a while]."
Est: "The Path seems a little different than before. spoiler[Also, you're annoying]."
Laughing Est just keeps throwing out little comments like that are the height of the comedy. Like bringing back the spoiler[demon lord thing], and what may be teasing of Claire's tsundere personality.

Also you better believe it that they are team Scarlet, clearly named after the best character on their team. On that I like how he knew that spoiler[Claire was already behind him with the whip].
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm really liking the banter.

So we finally learn Fianna's secret: spoiler[those boobs are fake! The ranking actually goes Claire < Fianna < Rinslet < Ellis.]

One of the strengths of this series is the importance of teamwork. Kamito doesn't solo threats like Kirito or Tatsuya might. If not for his friends he'd be toast.

So this finishes Fianna's arc, next arc is spoiler[Ellis's.] Poor spoiler[Rinslet] doesn't get to be the star until the 13th novel!
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Kamito saying "YOU'RE FIGHTING TEAM SCARLET" with that sexy, confident grin on his face as the other girls show up was this episode's "Crowning Moment of Awesome". :'D

I'm liking this show quite a bit. More than Dragonar...because there is no tentacle rape, among other reasons. But I just love it when characters back each other up as a team like that.

I need more KamitoxClaire. I wish they could have some alone time....but all the other girls will probably get in the way...(not that I dislike any of them though.)

ROFL Est's spoiler["I'll end you"] to the horse. Anime hyper THAT NEEDS SCREENCAPPED.

Though the animation is messy and low-budget at times, the show's script and direction is pretty good, ne?

Last edited by Chiibi on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
I need more KamitoxClaire. I wish they could have some alone time....but all the other girls will probably get in the way...(not that I dislike any of them though.)

Well in the next arc he'll be spending a lot of time with spoiler[Ellis], but I'm sure you'll love his motivation.

Chiibi wrote:
ROFL Est's spoiler["I'll end you"] to the horse. Anime hyper THAT NEEDS SCREENCAPPED.

Here you go.

I've been noticing this a lot, but these subs are quite liberal in their translations. The meaning is still there, but I can't help but notice the discrepencies. Here Est actually says "Do you want to be destroyed?" Don't usually see this sort of thing in simulcast subs.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I noticed it's not a direct translation but you've got to admit; "I will end you" is a LOT funnier? Anime hyper
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote
the actual teamwork was nice. everyone has cool powers and actually getting to see them instead of Kamito soloing everything was nice.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

If I did not know better I would think that Est is incredibly just screwing with him. From the spoiler[nude (except knee high socks of course) chocolate writing] to forcing him to spoiler[let her buy any sweets she wanted with puppy dog eyes]. Actually scratch that, after the preview I am almost certain.

my favourite part of the episode was Clair's naivety again acting up and she spoiler[falls for Fianna's jabs and seriously asks Scarlet if she has been burning certain fats, with Scarlet trying really hard to deny it and running away scared]. I think that many other similar characters would take such a comment really harshly/angrily and it feels a little refreshing.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:33 am Reply with quote
So either I have extremely bad taste or I'm a masochist because I decided to catch up to this magnificent thing. Well honestly it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It has pretty nice soundtrack, although I feel like they overuse one a bit too much, and I quite like the ending theme. I like that the characters often team up to fight against something. Everyone gets a chance to shine.

Anyway does anyone feel like Fianna's personality is a bit inconsistent? Sometimes she is so daring and other times she seems shy. I'm not sure whether this has to do with her being shy in the past, but whenever she is daring it doesn't seem like she is forcing it yet sometimes they make it obvious that she is.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Regarding the teamwork, you'll also notice that Kamito is basically just the muscle. The the one who actually leads the team is Claire.

Fianna is the type who is strong on offense, but weak on defense. She tries to be as seductive as she can, but she wouldn't know what she'd do if he actually took her up on her offers. Like a dog chasing a car.

In the end she's the same as the others in that she's a sheltered ojou-sama and has no experience with this sort of thing.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I disliked Fianna the moment she appeared though I like it when she is teasing Claire. She has a big head or something about her looks just feels off for me. Good thing that Kamito seems to be fairly resistant to Fianna's charm.

Anyway did Fianna stop using spoiler[pads]? She seems to have naturally fairly sizable bust so it's kind of hard to tell.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure she stopped using them (she only had them to hide that blood stone). However she was never flat chested to begin with, just average.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Sure Clair is being a little irrational against Kamito, but I think that it is better done than other anime in that I think it feels more realistic. We can see that Clair regrets getting angry at him and saying that she hates him, the way she is acting seems to be part of a complex. She has been alone for so long and felt like people are her enemies, that she thinks he is betraying her by being friends with the people who insulted what she cares about most, her sister. Truth be I bet Kamito thought he could help Clair by showing the others that she is a good person. Also Clair has to be able to learn to trust again.

Also, Est is great doing the Onii-chan thing and happy about being "worshiped". Feels like I am liking this the more it goes, kind of sad that it is ending soon.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:40 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Claire definitely has an abandonment complex, so of course she's going to be upset that Kamito willingly sided with her 'enemies' instead of her. She might tolerate Rinslet and Fianna to an extent, but Kamito has always turned down their advances (plus, while she might not say it, they are her friends). Ellis is a different matter. Those breasts are cheating. I mean, those knights are pricks!

And it is a shame it's gonna end at this point. All the really good stuff starts happening once the Blade Dance begins.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:48 am Reply with quote
I don't know what to think of myself because Claire is definitely my favourite. Due to her sister's actions and her bust she is extremely insecure and afraid of being abandoned. Kamito is the only person she really trusts and of course she is going to get upset when Kamito suddenly starts hanging around with a big breasted Ellis who obviously has a crush on him.

Anyway that maid scene was a bit funny:

-I'm not into maids
-*draws sword*
-I love maids!

Hopefully Kamito realizes how fragile Claire is, tells her that he will never leave her alone again and I'll be content. Also I hope that Est and Kamito maintain the sibling-like relationship they have right now, instead of advancing into romance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7