• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Arpeggio of Blue Steel GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nhat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:09 am Reply with quote
Not sure if the pacing is the same for the anime to the manga but this series is one of the few series that took me about 5 episode before it got really good so keep on it till than because its worth it.

Normally after 3 episode or less I know what to expect and/or the quality but this series only gets better as time goes on.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:23 am Reply with quote
I feel like the manga hooked me faster than the anime - I didn't keep up with that, but I'm looking forward to reading more of this.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:38 am Reply with quote
THis one is the first manga i ever bought. i was disappointed cause the stroy is really fascinating and the anime series, tough it deviated from the manga and when in its own route was still fun to watch.

Can't wait to buy my next volume as well as cant wait for the 2 new Movies coming out later.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Really liked the anime so I'll be following the manga and also looking forward to those movies.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
Well, I read the Manga first before the anime came out. I am into the genre of Maritime / Natuical fiction. I wasn't sure what to make of it, worry it was something like the Kantai Collection. I'm not huge fan of Moe/Girl thing, but this was well done.

Anime was its own beast after first couple episodes, but its good for what it is. I hadn't heard of the movies, a re-vamp of the series with some catchup.

I bought Volume 1, I'm happy how things translated over. I think only frustrating thing of the Manga it comes out so slow. I guess this is what you get for living in the instant gradification era. Manga takes time to make.

Hopefully, the Manga translation won't catchup with original publication be on hold for catch up.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler, the manga is also available on Crunchyroll, up through chapter 57, so if you get impatient with the physical releases, you can read it there too.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
Wrangler, the manga is also available on Crunchyroll, up through chapter 57, so if you get impatient with the physical releases, you can read it there too.

Oh, Thanks! I didn't know they were doing that, Princess Irene.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I like Arpeggio a lot (like volume 2 more), so I'm planning to buy these volumes soon. I like the manga's pace more than the anime. That said, I prefer the art from the anime (despite being cgi) more than the manga: the battle scenes are great but the character art seems a bit sloppy (Iona's face looks kind of scary on the cover). I do like the little details in the art (Iona's shirts, the changing outfits of the main cast) that Ark Performance has though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1