• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Fruits Basket GN 16

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:55 am Reply with quote
I have to admit--I love angst. Which could be one of the reasons why Fruits Basket is my favorite manga. ^^;; I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this volume.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
rocklobster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Just how much longer do we have until this series finishes?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:

It's 21 volumes long. That, or 22. And it's being released once every three months, so figure it out from that.

Anyways, looks like next volume is the BIG REVEAL.

And Hiro isn't really screwed up. His mother was like the only one who didn't hate their child for being a Zodiac animal.
johanjudai09

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:10 pm Reply with quote
In response to the writer, yes there is one character with out a screwed up family. Hiro. His mom adores him.

He does have problems though, ala Akito but his family is fine.
johanjudai09

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
rocklobster wrote:

It's 21 volumes long. That, or 22. And it's being released once every three months, so figure it out from that.

And Hiro isn't really screwed up. His mother was like the only one who didn't hate their child for being a Zodiac animal.

I didn't see your comment ^^; now i feel stupid because I didn't know somebody had already mentioned him
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Kisa's mother seems pretty supportive, as well. A little TOO over-protective, but not horrible. Her problem was more with her classmates, wasn't it?

Unless I'm forgetting something...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:26 am Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
rocklobster wrote:

23 to be exact. The series finished it's run in Hanatoyume Comics last November. At the speed of three months per volume we'll be looking towards the end of 2008 for the end of the series.
Ningensei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:03 am Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:
Kisa's mother seems pretty supportive, as well. A little TOO over-protective, but not horrible. Her problem was more with her classmates, wasn't it?

Unless I'm forgetting something...

Yes, this is true. Along with Hiro's parents, and Kagura's parents Kisa also has a loving household. I would even put Ritsu in there as well, even though both him and his mother "freak out" from time to time, but she doesn't reject him. Saki-chan's parents are also both present and supportive, so not ALL of the families are dysfunctional, just most. Razz

I am glad to see Fruits Basket getting some time in the spotlight with a review! I have a bias because of my undying love for this series!
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Ritsu spoiler[felt guilt towards his parents for their constantly having to apologize for his clumsiness. For which he contemplated suicide.] His parents were still pretty supportive of him though.
Strephon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I seem to remember that Hana's family situation wasn't bad--her parents just didn't know how to deal with her unusual situation. (Although it's been a while and some details may have slipped my mind.)
lazylii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quote
i liked this volume. finally get to learn about Tohru's family but poor Kyo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1