• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Akame ga Kill! (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote
did this episode feel like it was moving at super speed to anyone else.?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:29 am Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
I just loved Akame's comment about how Leo girl was twice as heavy as her ;0 and the reaction of her getting hit on the head.

She didn't say twice as heavy (unless the subs were wrong), she said there was a major weight discrepancy, which there should be since catgirl is about 4 inches taller and has about 20 pounds more boobs. She wasn't calling her fat. Yeah, ha ha, lighten up, it was just a joke. I'm just tired of hearing it in every anime with more than one girl in it.

Add in my disappointment that they've returned to the ham-fisted humor inserts. I know you like it, but I had hoped we were past that. Still, I'll concede it's not quite as bad as the first few episodes on that point, so maybe they did learn something in between.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:47 am Reply with quote
I actually really liked that part. Akame wasn't making a joke. It was just a pure statement of fact, that Leone is heavier than she is. The fact that she said it like she did, and Leone took it as her calling her fat, was just their personalities at play.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:09 am Reply with quote
I know she wasn't making a joke, the writers were making it a joke, and it was a stupid one back in the stone age when it was fresh. But if you enjoy it, well you're in luck! There will be plenty more opportunities to enjoy the same joke again and again and again in everything else you watch.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:50 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
I rather like some of the new guys. But how did the doofus seaman Wave manage to score an Imperial Arms? Anyway I am not looking forward to seeing them go down.

Makes me think a bit of Sinbad, I can see a doofus sailor be a surprising threat.

Episode 9

So who saw this happening? What, everyone did? Not that I call it a really bad thing, I think it fits alright that our spoiler[lovable loser main character would fit the tastes of the villain], it did take me a second to put things together that the spoiler[tournament was just one of her ideas to look for a lover]. Also he should totally spoiler[give up now on being an assassin and instead go for Esdeath], screw everyone else he can spoiler[be the plaything of one of the most powerful women]. It would be a good step for spoiler[gender reversed relationships so I think that it is all good].

Onto jaegers who are sadly not giant robots or bitchy teens. I like them, as far as en evil team goes they are interesting.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:57 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Shikiari wrote:
Tatsumi! You lucky b******!

Oh, yeah. Lucky to become the captive collared toy of the most sadistic mass murder and torturer in the kingdom.

Man. Some guys that never get any seem to imagine it is worth anything. Trust me it ain't.

Cheers for judging me from a single post Rolling Eyes

But seriously, with the way spoiler[Night Raid] are dropping like flies, the best thing for spoiler[Tatsumi] right now is to stay with Esdeath. Or if he's determined to avenge spoiler[Sheele and Bulat], sleep with spoiler[Esdeath] and then cut her throat whilst she's asleep.... Job done!
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
HaruhiToy wrote:
Shikiari wrote:
Tatsumi! You lucky b******!

Oh, yeah. Lucky to become the captive collared toy of the most sadistic mass murder and torturer in the kingdom.

Man. Some guys that never get any seem to imagine it is worth anything. Trust me it ain't.

Cheers for judging me from a single post Rolling Eyes

But seriously, with the way spoiler[Night Raid] are dropping like flies, the best thing for spoiler[Tatsumi] right now is to stay with Esdeath. Or if he's determined to avenge spoiler[Sheele and Bulat], sleep with spoiler[Esdeath] and then cut her throat whilst she's asleep.... Job done!

I don't think he can do something that evil. He probably want to beat her in a fight. And Sheele's dead has nothing to do with Esdeath.

Night Raid is an unit of Rebel Army. it doesn't matter if few die, they can always get more replacements. Just like the Imperial Army can get more replacements as long as they have Imperial Arm.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Great eppie. I actually really like the Jaegers even though clearly they'll be fighting Night Raid. I even kind of like General Esdeath. I can't remember the last time I liked a villain. I'll definitely be interested to see how Tatsumi makes out as her L'il Snuggum-Wuggums...
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
I don't think he can do something that evil. He probably want to beat her in a fight. And Sheele's dead has nothing to do with Esdeath.

No, but with Justice Girl on Esdeath's team, he's going to run into her again. And when she brags about having killed a member of Night Raid... things will turn ugly.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I even kind of like General Esdeath. I can't remember the last time I liked a villain.

If this anime is going to be known for anything, it will be for producing oddly likable villains.

I can't decide if it is in or out of character for Esdeath to spend time bringing flowers to the graves of her underlings. That's a pretty sentimental act for a warlord who tends to get bored easily and whose epitaph for them was "you died because you were weak."

Still, she did commit herself to vengeance. Just more of Tatsumi's phenomenal luck I guess.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

No, but with Justice Girl on Esdeath's team, he's going to run into her again. And when she brags about having killed a member of Night Raid... things will turn ugly.

Na, I don't think the Justice girl will brag about anything. She just want to kill the "bad guys/evils" and keep the citizen safe. I think Tatsumi understand she is just doing her job.

Tatsumi is still young and innocent, you can easily brainwash those people to your side. not that i think this will happen in this anime.

Just let the Justice girl takes him out to save some people, his opinion will change. IF Esdeath found him first instead of Night Rain, he will be totally like the Justice girl right now. I don't believe for sec that the Rebel Army leaders are good guys. They are just probably want power. There is no reason to remove the king, they can easily help other good politicians.

The Jaegers team is similar to Night Raid is almost every way. Even the members are kind of similar, other than the leader.

Sensitive big guy, Sword girl who like food, Country boy, ect.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
Uh... Justice Girl was interested in getting revenge on the people who killed her Beloved Mentor. She stated it when she engaged Sheele and Mine. That's not to say that she doesn't like doing her job of helping people, but she is psychotic and viscous when it comes to her enemies, whom she labels as "evil" to justify her behavior. She claims to care about justice while being blind to the enormous INjustices being committed all around her by the very government she serves. For all her talk about caring about Justice, she really only likes *believing* that she's on the side of justice.

Everyone who goes to the Capital becomes twisted to some degree, including the MC. That's one of the basic tenets of this show.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
I don't think he can do something that evil. He probably want to beat her in a fight.

"Sometimes, the only way to stop Evil is not with Good. You must confront it with another kind of Evil."

I completely agree with you with Tatsumi unable to perform an act so evil, but if he's to survive the Capital, he's going to have to learn that sometimes you can only stop evil with evil... Hence the above quote.

I think it would be interesting if he was to end up joining the Jaegers and turned against Night Raid. But I've got a feeling that there will be some elaborate escape plan from Akame that gets another member killed, hence adding more "weight" upon Tatsumi's shoulders.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Ah, more new villains with more new Imperial Arms. Really curious as to what they all are.

I hope spoiler[Tatsumi manages to escape/be rescued from Esdeath soon. Though I suppose it could be a good opportunity to gain some intel, depending on where Esdeath actually ends up keeping him.]

Also, if you look at Esdeath's list of what she wants in her ideal man, it's actually written in English...kind of. "I hope the younger because I dominate." "Who innocent smile can be is good." Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Overall a good episode despite skipping some stuff with the Jeagers. The spoiler[pacing felt somewhat awkward though. Anyways, the most prominent Teigu that was shown in the episode is Wave's Grand Chariot.]

The fight wasn't really exciting since it technically wasn't even a fight so we'll see spoiler[GC's potential in the future. And speaking of which, poor Wave lol.]

Esdese was almost amusing to watch this episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 35