• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Gundam's Tomino Thinks Young Voice Actors All Sound the Same

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
WeskerGriff wrote:
Kind of unreal all the level of ignorance in this thread and disdain being throw in Tomino’s direction. He was asked a question and gave his honest opinion, his opinion. Tomino has been working in the animation industry for over forty years, longer than the ages of most of the people who probably even visit this site.

People are already going to have their preconceived opinions on Tomino probably before reading this article, and as Western anime fans, it’s hard for people to imagine the immense popularity of series like the original Gundam series, Zeta Gundam, and Char’s Counter Attack. Since these series didn’t so well in NA and given how most Western fans enjoy the AU series like Wing, Seed, or 00.

I don't think people are necessarily throwing Tomino under the bus for having his opinion. But it's pretty clear Tomino isn't the most openminded of animation auteurs and he has shown his bias before. So ironically, people have bias about his biases.

I think the thing really is that the most popular professionals get a lot of high profile shows, so it's not just an illusion that they may sound similar at times. Though I still think it's unfair to go as far to say they *all* sound the same.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote
I wonder who would make it seem seem worse with this statement: him or Miyazaki.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8