• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Option to Hide Episodic Reviews on Front Page?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:20 pm Reply with quote
I know that it only recently begun, but I was wondering if it was possible to implement to an option to hide the Episodic Reviews, or have some checkbox-like option to decide which categories of content you want to see on the front page? I know there is the linkbar (which is good and should still remain), but it would be nice to be able to see, for example, anime and interest items on the same page, like before.

I say this not only because the number of reviews at any one time can sometimes dominate the page, but primarily because they are prone to being spoilerific for those that are behind on a particular show. It's not too good visiting the main page and seeing something you wish you hadn't…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I just changed the "linkbar" so that you can select multiple filters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
I just changed the "linkbar" so that you can select multiple filters.

Thank you, the fix works out well and is very useful and versatile! However, the filters do not stay in place after you leave the page. Also, I was wondering if it were possible to separate the designation of the regular reviews (which appear on the sidebar) from the episodic ones, as the filter hides them as well (I thought they were, based on their labels)?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gasero

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I like the new filters, but it is weird that regular reviews are not in the main page feed like episode reviews are. Unless I am missing something.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:35 pm Reply with quote
but one has to click on the review to see it right? otherwise it just posts a preview of the pic used and a little reference to the episode, no spoilers at least none that I have seen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1