• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Just got my copy of Orange Crows volumes 2 in the mail. My name is one of the kickstarter backers on the inside front cover.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:26 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Nico877 wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
Did a litte shopping for a few older foreign titles:

Steins;Gate BD vol.4
Steins;Gate BD vol.5
DOG DAYS' BD vol.3
Tatami Galaxy BD vol.1
Tatami Galaxy BD vol.2

Bought a new Aniplex USA title:

Kabukimonogatari Mayoi Jiangshi BD Set

Also made a $15 purchase on Love Live! School Idol Festival (ENG) so I could draw 11 honor student cards annnnd...got a UR Kousaka Honoka!

Galaxy BD box is like 13k yen!

Yes I believe we've already established that luffy is filthy, Scrooge McDuck rich and has invented his own pocket dimension to store endless volumes of Japanese imports. Razz

LOL oh you guise. No but seriously I've cut down heavily on the importation after becoming a dad. All of those discs were purchased over a two month timespan, most dirt cheap too because of age. The collection hasn't grown by more than a disc at a time for a while now.

Found two super deals on the US Amazon a few days ago:

Tatami Galaxy BD vol.3
Tari Tari BD vol.3

Psst, Tari Tari was brand new for $2.27 (no joke) I think I saw one more left at that price from MovieMars if anyone is interested. There is a JP BD box currently in the works.
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
luffy is officially a mark for my next heist.

Some of the goodies I got the past week:
1-Redline BD. Ridiculously cheap at Best-Buy ($5).
2-Persona 4 The Animation Parts 1 and 2. Figured I'd scoop these up before AoA reclaims them.
3-All four seasons of Yu Yu Hakusho. Local Walmart had them for $15 each.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:57 am Reply with quote
AoT part 2 LE has shipped from TRSI. Collector's edition has not yet shipped from Funi though.
Saiki_Thorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I purchased some stuff during the last Funimation sale. I got:

Attack On Titan Part 2 Collector's Edition
A Certain Magical Index Season 1 Blu-ray
Hellsing Ultimate Set 3 Blu-ray
One Piece Collection 10

I have been craving to see more One Piece. The wait between each collection is too much. I have been wanting to get Index for a while but I waited for the Blu-ray version.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Got an itchy trigger finger to buy some older anime titles and just snagged up the following from off Amazon:

Lily CAT
Ruin Explorers
All Purpose Cat Girl Nuku Nuku
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:09 am Reply with quote
Naruto Shippuden Set 17
Naruto Shippuden Set 18
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:29 am Reply with quote
I finally joined the legion and picked up the Attack on Titan basic BD/DVD set... which I only purchased for free shipping on a 35 dollar order. My world is fun...

For free shipping on a different order with a different company, I picked up the Birdy the Mighty SAVE set. At least it made more sense...

From my "It sold for how much?!" auction program, I've added All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Kitten Kaboodle set, Real Bout High School, Dai-Guard, the right Patlabor the Movie DVD {it doesn't look as good but it sounds oh so right...} as well as other assorted anime sets and singles.
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:50 pm Reply with quote
http://imgur.com/VaViJRq
http://imgur.com/CTAPJNc
http://imgur.com/sOLDB34
http://imgur.com/d7oCpAl
http://imgur.com/CBTZyvP
http://imgur.com/afuuTO1

Nice of them to put a huge f**king spoiler right on the back of the box... But whatever.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, to be fair, I dont think people will really get what it is until they see the end of the show themselves themselves. They might just think its supposed to be a titan peeking through a crack in the wall, about to attack the city
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I guess it's not nearly as bad as them putting little Selim looking all diabolical on the cover of part 5 of FMA:B.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:54 am Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
luffy is officially a mark for my next heist.

OMG that reminds me of a funny inside joke I have with some friends of mine. Also reminds me that I should start looking into some form of collectibles insurance again. I told myself a while back that I would once I hit 100 purchases...pretty sure I've exceeded that by quite a bit now lol.

Just ordered the final volume of Tatami Galaxy got 'em all for just about $100 total. Finally! Pushed off buying these discs for a long long time. It was mentioned earlier that the complete box was going for about $140 shipped, but I couldn't pass up all of the beautiful artwork and initial press bonuses (booklet, karuta, and reading CD) Toho originally put into these.

Only a few more old series left on the buy list before I can start preordering the new new stuff again. I've been collecting at a snails pace this last year Steins;Gate is a big one gotta buy brand new to get all of the "nostalgia film" pieces it seems.

Leland Lee wrote:
I guess it's not nearly as bad as them putting little Selim looking all diabolical on the cover of part 5 of FMA:B.

Worst FUNimation choice of artwork as spoiler in my opinion is the first Ga Rei Zero BD release. One of the inner jackets had a glimpse of the final episode on it.

EDIT: I've just now got around to watching the DOG DAYS' discs I've been buying up and the extra features are hilarious. The CVs face off in pairs in three rounds of party games I swear if someone decides to license the franchise they need to do everything in their power to secure the extras. They are digital gold (especially the Takahashi Mikako and Yuki Aoi pair on disc three...listening to them play jumbo Jenga had me in tears lol).
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:03 am Reply with quote
How about the Anime Legends cover for Fantastic Children? That gave away way too much and helped me guess a rather major spoiler. They had so many covers they could've duplicated that didn't spoil things, but they come up with a new spoilerific image instead, great job, guys. I think the obvious solution would've been to re-use the cover from the special edition v1, which probably told the most without spoiling anything. And sometime after this, Bandai went with boring "here's the title with some Matrix looking background" covers, which, while boring, at least don't spoil anything!
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Well my Attack on Titan Part 1 & 2 LEs have shipped from the Funimation store. I expect to get them before Friday.

Leland Lee wrote:
Nice of them to put a huge f**king spoiler right on the back of the box... But whatever.

I doubt for most people that its going to be a blind buy of the LE, so a lot of people are going to know what it is to begin with. The people who are buying blind aren't necessarily going to know that it is a spoiler but instead think its some kind of design choice. But hey after posting it here maybe it will be a spoiler for them now.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I just bought the Attack on Titan part 2 LE with Artbox. And I just got that Angelic Layer box set today that I mentioned in my last post and it's in near mint condition so today's been a pretty good day!

Also bought the following

Rose of Versailles LE part 2
Red Data Girl DVD
Majestic Prince BD collection 1
His Favorite GN 3 & 4
Revolutionary Girl Utena - Utena Tenjou PM figure
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1157 of 1400