• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gurren Lagann Anime Legends Box Set Question

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:10 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
Gurren Lagann Bandai Discs are not Physically damaged

they were burned improperly and then u get skipping or not loading in the DVD players as others above have said, it does not affect everyone but there are lots

I'm well aware of that, but perhaps I should have been more specific. The DVD software in my computers would throw up a dialogue box stating that it was skipping over damaged area and this only happened with my GITS:SAC disk from day one and on multiple computers. I'm not saying the disks had actual physical damage but that's how the software was responding.

Quote:
I was expecting the re-release soon but the price is very high
I am not sure what Aniplex is thinking other than no one is probably going to buy this - again.

I'm not quite sure what they are thinking either except its standard operating procedure for them. Imho, nostalgia will only go so far, it is an old show and many people already had some version on DVD. Even if they throw an artbox in at the end I would still find it way too pricey. But I'm sure they've done the number crunching and know how many units they need to sell exactly. I am curious how it will turn out and if it might go the way the R.O.D set ended up (discounted during xms sale). It should be interesting.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:28 pm Reply with quote
I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were indeed defective, my Code Geass and Code Geass R2 discs came out around the same time and they are pretty crappy with lots of skipping and freezing. Waiting impatiently for Funimation to release their version so I can ditch the version I have.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2