• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online II (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohoni

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Look, it's totally cool if you don't have any problem with Kirito not having any reaction to the fact that he failed to save someone's life. That he has no reaction to the fact that somewhere in Japan a guy(?) is lying dead in his(?) bed. Maybe you just happen to the type of viewer who doesn't expect characters to have any reaction to noteworthy events. I find that weird, but maybe something has happened in your life to make you that way.

Based on Kirito's personality, he reacted exactly as I would expect him to react to the death of a stranger in the heat of battle.

Quote:
@ HT - believe me, Kirito's attitude makes a ton more sense to me if he isn't 100% sure that Pale Rider is dead IRL. But when I asked the question of whether PR is actually dead, I was assured that he is.

Remember that they still weren't 100% sure that people in SAO were dying when they died in game, and yet he still imploded when his guild died. But he got over it. Since then, he's seen plenty of strangers die. He has no particular reason to overreact to Pale Rider dying.

Quote:
True enough. It's just that to my perception, the nitpickers outweighed the fanism in the original SAO thread. There appear to be fewer diehard dtm42-esque nitpickers this time around so the fanism seems more prevalent than it did before.

So you're lashing out because you're feeling outnumbered?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:08 pm Reply with quote
No, I'm lashing out at what I perceive as a bovine refusal, on the part of some people, to consider that some things might not being handled as well as they could be. Fortunately, other people are being more reasonable and can actually - gasp! - see where I'm coming from.
Bright_Spear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
No, I'm lashing out at what I perceive as a bovine refusal, on the part of some people, to consider that some things might not being handled as well as they could be.

Plenty of people have talked about stuff that's not been handled well in this arc, not just you. Its only when people become antagonistic about it that it seems people have a problem with it.

Blood- wrote:
Fortunately, other people are being more reasonable and can actually - gasp! - see where I'm coming from.

I might of not really got where you were coming from, but if you didn't go from zero to "YOU STUPID FANBOYS!!!", then I don't believe anyone would have had a problem with you talking about it.

But you act surprised that being all high and mighty and acting like anyone that doesn't agree with you means that they are stupid and blinded by fanboyism won't put a bad taste in peoples mouth when they are trying to talk about this show in good faith with each other.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Blah, blah, blah. Any reasonable person reading this thread would see lots of evidence of reasonable points being brought up that are utterly dismissed by the same small circle of fanboy/girl-blinded posters who just cannot bring themselves to admit any fault, no matter how large or small. Am I shocked that those same fanboy/girls vehemently deny that this is going on? Nope. Not at all.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Blah, blah, blah. Any reasonable person reading this thread would see lots of evidence of reasonable points being brought up that are utterly dismissed by the same small circle of fanboy/girl-blinded posters who just cannot bring themselves to admit any fault, no matter how large or small. Am I shocked that those same fanboy/girls vehemently deny that this is going on? Nope. Not at all.

Translation: everyone that disagrees with me is a stupid fanboy and I'm going to throw a hissy fit like a child rather than use logic.

Wow, a real credit to this forum you are...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
And you're just repeating the same brainless talking point over and over again. Don't strain yourself, Dr. Tedium. Just grab onto that blankey, suck your thumb and whisper, "SAO II is flawless" over and over again until the tears go away.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
And you're just repeating the same point over and over again. Don't strain yourself, Dr. Tedium. Just grab onto that blankey, suck your thumb and whisper, "SAO II is flawless" over and over again until the tears go away.

Nah, I've actually used the facts of the story so far, and not one person here (including me) has argued this is a perfect series.

As other have noted, you made zero attempt to be civil. At the very first disagreement you just lashed out at everyone like a small child that didn't get his way.

You just keep hiding behind that strawman argument and keep refusing to actually debate the actual points that anyone has used. Let us know when you're ready to leave the kiddy table. Although if you're still trolling like a this 14,000 posts later I see no real hope for you.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Well, apparently Yarg didn't get the memo about me being a troll because he didn't whine about some supposed stupid "strawman" argument and was actually able to say he could see where I was coming from. And his psyche didn't implode from the confession.

But I do enjoy watching dance, l'il puppet. You consider me a troll but you just can't resist engaging with me, can you? Laughing I really wish I found you as fascinating.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Just for the record, I also understand the point you are making. I just didn't say anything earlier cause watching this unfold is more fun
Key

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Cooling off time, guys n' gals. (At a 'con viewing room we'd call it the "air out the room" time, and I think the analogy fits just fine in this situation. Wink ) Unless there's a genuine point to be made about the series content, let's chill until after the next episode airs tomorrow.

(And for the record, I have read every post in this thread and find accusations of fanboyism to be inflated - certainly not to the degree seen in some other series threads this season. So let's not go there, mmmkay?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12:

Eh, it was an okay episode but I wasn't impressed by it. spoiler[Haven't read the LN either for this part so I'm not sure what was added or left out. The fight itself was decent in the second half but I'm wondering how Kirito will be able to actually defeat Death Gun? It won't be easy that's for sure.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote
The next two episodes should be really good. This one was okay...but mostly a setup piece for next week.

spoiler[kirito can't block Sterebn's metal blade with his energy blade, which is consistent with the setup of the game. He's at a pretty big disadvantage.]

I agree the first half dragged on a bit. Was hoping it wouldn't take them half the episode to finally leave the cave.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Discussing the remaining players.
Also, their possible locations.
Strategizing about the game and Sinon situation in RL.
It's nice they switched from talking to some action.
spoiler[Their trap was good, but was it good enough?
Well, it almost worked..
Sterben (Death) vs Kirito!
A battle of words, but very interesting ones.
The real battle will be shown next time.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Ok, the bullet spoiler[wrecked her sights (that part made me lol), but did it destroy her gun too? If so, how? And does she still have a handgun (doesn't Kirito also have one)? Anyway, I'm betting she goes after Dark Wind's gun and comes to his rescue. At least I'm hoping she does something besides watch in horror from her hidey hole.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:09 pm Reply with quote
First, I want to apologize to the thread posters for being unnecessarily obnoxious recently. Sometimes I get frustrated too easily and when that happens I post in an irritated mode that is out of whack with what annoyed me in the first place. I certainly don't want to contribute to the kind of dynamic that made me abandon the first SAO thread even though I was continuing to watch the show.

Anyway, not bad eppie. Agree the first chunk dragged on a bit.

I have a question for those familiar with the source material - what happened to the 10 Laughing Coffin survivors? Were they ever charged with anything? It presents kind of an interesting legal question: since nobody in the game really knew for sure that dying in-game = dying IRL, I'm guessing they could not be charged with murder.

Also, what does it matter if Kirito cannot remember Sterben's real name? Presumably, the authorities know who the ten survivors are, so wouldn't it be a simple matter of checking that list against Sterben's real name?

Anyway, looks like we are headed for a pretty exciting conclusion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 53 of 115