• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Harder and Harder to find Manga

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Viz posted on Facebook earlier that they have the reprints ready to be sent out to retailers now.

As for me, I finally got Sensual Phrase 17. Guilty pleasure series complete. I wonder what my next OOP hunt will be?
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Anyone knows or have a place to get Volumes 22, 23 & 26 of Iron Wok Jan? These are the only one I'm missing to complete the lot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:19 pm Reply with quote
I just went over to Alibirs, I was able to find all three for around $5 a piece (though with shipping starting at $4, just try to order from the same seller to decrease that cost). Still, not bad
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 8:13 am Reply with quote
Will be heading to Forbidden Planet in London, would anyone like me to keep an eye out for anything?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
Will be heading to Forbidden Planet in London, would anyone like me to keep an eye out for anything?

I'm assuming you already went, but if not, I'm searching for a copy of the Del Rey Parasyte Vol. 3 as well as the Editor's Choice editions for Maison Ikkoku Vol. 3-4.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:41 am Reply with quote
Just to give you piece of mind I didn't see anything. The only rare title I saw was Priest 14 in Waterstones for £6.99. I was very tempted to pick it up but it was in pretty poor condition Sad
yomanffgg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote
any one seen battle angel alita 7 & 9 second edition?
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:45 am Reply with quote
If anyone doesn't already have Adolf, I'd get it ASAP, Vertical tweeted that there's something like 20 copies of v1 left in the warehouse (plenty of v2 he said).

I'm bad, I have my copies but haven't read them (I've read the Cadence edition via my university library, but it's a pretty depressing read, which makes it hard to revisit. I think Adolf and Barefoot Gen are the two most depressing manga I have), but it's still really good!
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:19 am Reply with quote
Fortunately, I have v01. I still need to get v02 but that seems less urgent.
NeburPT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:13 am Reply with quote
Inio Asano's fans should get Nijigahara Holograph while they still can at regular prices. Since it was a hardcover edition by Fantagraphics and, therefore, quite expensive for the prices we are used to when buying manga, I've been delaying the purchase until I've noticed it had gone out of stock at Bookdepository - and for quite a while now. I've bought one of the last few copies from Amazon, and I think the prices for it will skyrocket soon, as it seems to be a limited run and don't know when or if it will be reprinted (it sold out pretty quickly, so a reprint could be on its way sooner or later, but you never know...).
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:50 am Reply with quote
NeburPT wrote:
Inio Asano's fans should get Nijigahara Holograph while they still can at regular prices. Since it was a hardcover edition by Fantagraphics and, therefore, quite expensive for the prices we are used to when buying manga, I've been delaying the purchase until I've noticed it had gone out of stock at Bookdepository - and for quite a while now. I've bought one of the last few copies from Amazon, and I think the prices for it will skyrocket soon, as it seems to be a limited run and don't know when or if it will be reprinted (it sold out pretty quickly, so a reprint could be on its way sooner or later, but you never know...).

I should have jumped as soon as i saw this. Managed to get an order in at waterstones to the tune of £18 even though im strapped for cash right now (damn you steam summer sale) should anything happen to this order like say they don't actually have it in stock as advertised my next best price i found was £40 which is unacceptable.

Had to be done, i got solanin and what a wonderful world and would very much like punpun if it ever sees a US release, asano is prime material to present to someone if you want to shatter their perceptions of what a comic book is.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:37 am Reply with quote
I'm usually pretty good at finding titles, but this time I'm stumped. Has anyone seen, or does anyone know of, a source for the third novel in Katsura Izumi's The Guilty series? Stupid DMG sent me volume one for free and now I have to know what happens. Laughing The cheapest I've seen it is $50, which I'd rather not pay for a small paperback if I can help it, and Interlibrary Loan just told me that they can't get it at all. Any hints would be greatly appreciated, even if it's just to say, "Look at page ___ of this thread, stupid!" (I skimmed through...)
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
If anyone happens to find volume 8 of Parasyte, I would be interested in buying it. Preferably someone from the USA, but I'll buy oversees as well.

I've been sitting on volumes 7 and 8 for a while. Should have bought 'em sooner considering I had troubles with some earlier volumes. Laughing
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:44 am Reply with quote
^Are you looking for the DelRey or Kodansha versions or does it not matter?
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:07 am Reply with quote
I'll see what I can do but let me know if you find them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 65 of 76