• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Possible Merge: Yoshiwo & Yoshi☆wo

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:17 pm Reply with quote
One only has an entry for an end-card illustration for "We Without Wings" (person#101659) and the other has a really annoying star in their name: (person#130006).

1. Can we merge the two?
2. Do we need the star in the name and is it even supposed to be there outside of the kanji input?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
I am very much against using stars in names, no matter if it's for people or companies or anime or manga. The Japanese can do whatever they want with kanji, emoji, weird symbols, CaPiTaLiZaTiOn and whatnot, but when it's in romaji I want it to be legible, using standard letters, punctuation and capitalization.

☀ ☁ ☂ ☃ ☄ ★ ☆ ☎ ☏ ☑ ☒ ☔ ☕ ☘ ☙ ☚ ☛ ☜ ☝ ☞ ☟ ☠ ☢ ☣ ☭ ☮ ☯ ☹ ☺ ♠ ♡ ♢ ♣

merged Yoshi☆wo into Yoshiwo
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
If you think that's bad, then Satoshi Yamazaki was trying to work his way through all of them for Kiddy GiRL-and with ザッキー・山崎, ザッキー☆山崎 and ザッキー♥山崎 etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1