• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Stay night TV Anime's 6th TV Ad Highlights Illya

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote
Not one of my favorite characters but damn, that theme song is glorious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CRUZINFORIT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote
Anyone who is an Ilya fan, no spoilers but I wouldn't get too excited about her role in UBW. If you watch FS/N for Ilya, UBW is not the route for you, you won't like it. Just fair warning
Wrathful

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:04 am Reply with quote
CRUZINFORIT wrote:
Anyone who is an Ilya fan, no spoilers but I wouldn't get too excited about her role in UBW. If you watch FS/N for Ilya, UBW is not the route for you, you won't like it. Just fair warning

I'm not all that familiar with Fate/Stay Night, by now I've read what's going to happen by the people just carelessly giving out twist. Regardless, I don't mind the story turning for the darker path. If it'd be just as glorious as Fate/Zero, that's all that matters and I would be happy if all the players get fair amount of screen time before they go away.
konqueror

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:04 am Reply with quote
Berserker looks awesome.

This time, his fight with Saber will be outstanding.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:19 am Reply with quote
Wrathful wrote:
I'm not all that familiar with Fate/Stay Night, by now I've read what's going to happen by the people just carelessly giving out twist. Regardless, I don't mind the story turning for the darker path. If it'd be just as glorious as Fate/Zero, that's all that matters and I would be happy if all the players get fair amount of screen time before they go away.

The movie version of the route came out awhile ago, so it's not much of a spoiler.

Anyways, Illya barely gets any screentime in this route period. Though I suppose unlike the movie we'll at least get to see Berserker's shining moment this time.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Anyways, Illya barely gets any screentime in this route period. Though I suppose unlike the movie we'll at least get to see Berserker's shining moment this time.

She'll get more. I'm hoping more for her flashback, although I don't know how they could make it have the same impact as in vn.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to the hype train.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
She'll get more. I'm hoping more for her flashback, although I don't know how they could make it have the same impact as in vn.

But... but... if she gets more then it won't be 100% faithful and if it isn't 100% faithful that means it'll be shit!!!

In all seriousness, I wouldn't expect her role to get expanded much, especially not with Heaven's Feel already on the way.
lemurs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Ilya's got her own cute little spin-off show anyway, so it's no big deal if her role in this route is a bit short.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:15 pm Reply with quote
lemurs wrote:
Ilya's got her own cute little spin-off show anyway, so it's no big deal if her role in this route is a bit short.

I'd love to see the reaction of some one who spoiler[watched Illy's cute spin off, knows nothing of UBW, and then sees her getting her heart ripped out.]

Disclaimer: That is a giant spoiler.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
lemurs wrote:

I'd love to see the reaction of some one who spoiler[watched Illy's cute spin off, knows nothing of UBW, and then sees her getting her heart ripped out.]

Disclaimer: That is a giant spoiler.

I don't think many people expects anything of Illya from a series like FSN; being targeted to teenagers usually means lolis' role is either irrelevant, or shock value.
Sylontack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Finally a commercial focusing on the best character in the franchise ;D

Unfortunately I'm aware of how little focus she will get for this route which pains me, her relevance to the story is definitely one of the major factors that made me want HF to get a series instead of UBW.
But at least I can appreciate what is there, she'll get at least one and a half full episodes focusing on the beserker fight I'm sure spoiler[granted from what I recall it's that same fight that turns sour for all Illya fans]. Any ufotable Illya is good enough for me at this point.
Who knows, if UBW and HF do well we might get a Fate OVA or something for the basics of route one, which will get Illya fans a bit more over the course of 3 routes Razz
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:13 am Reply with quote
I seriously doubt either of the berserker fights will take more than a full episode. The second is pretty short.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:25 am Reply with quote
I hate the fate Illya is awaiting in this route. I hope if the sequel on the 3 routes will take a diffrent one...
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:36 am Reply with quote
CRUZINFORIT wrote:

its an understatement of the year. and its the same for heaven's feel. but UBW was way worse.especially if you hate shinji.

which is why fans of illya prefer the saber / fate route for the visual novels and ero games & would have no problem with the DEEN version cause it followed that route and was more kinder to kiristigu and irisvell's daughter.

TheMorry wrote:
I hate the fate Illya is awaiting in this route. I hope if the sequel on the 3 routes will take a diffrent one...

well you will have to play hollow ataraxia since its the sequel (and its one that should have gotten the TV series instead of UBW) of FSN. however i have never played it cause there was too many of the ero scenes for my taste so i dont know which route it followed. also morry, it was as i said before. fans of sakura and illya might have to skip this series since none of them are factors unlike in the DEEN version which followed the saber route in the end.

However the real thing that fans in the US are asking is which company will license the series?

If is sentai filmworks, then there is a 50/50 chance they would use the cast from the fate/kaleid spinoff series which will seriously pissed off fans to the point of crying bloody murder on them. though if its aniplex , then is all but a guarantee that the cast from fate/zero will be used. hopefully it will be the latter cause though i liked the casting and performance of fate/kaleid's english dub VAs of illya and rin, it definitely would have been better off if steaphine seph and meila lee was able to reprise their roles as those two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1