• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:46 am Reply with quote
The Crater has been the worst Kickstarter I've supported. I come to expect delays but one normally receives regular emails with updated but I couldn't tell you at what stage the Crater is at anymore. I'm giving the project until the end of October then I'm contacting the team/person to find out what the hell they are doing with my money Laughing

Last edited by TsunaReborn! on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:06 am Reply with quote
Oh lordy, the Crater has been a giant mess from the beginning.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
Picked up Crimson Spell 5 in town and bought Hakuoki Season 1 from MVM's Deal of the Week.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Come to think of it, it's been nearly half a year since the last meaningful update on Little Witch Academia(though I just found something on the comment page from them that says they'll say something when theyt've got something presentable - posted over a month ago) and they haven't even delivered on the wallpaper. I'm not getting that BD before 2016, am I?
luffypirate85 wrote:
Got that email and wondered if they still had Love Live! I bet the external bonus cards are long gone now Sad
I suppose it's a little late, but the Weiß Schwartz card was packaged inside the artbox. The NISA store had an external bonus poster and they had an edition with a CD, but that was it.

I do find it interesting that they sold out practically on day 1 and we haven't heard any news about what's next; are they negotiating to include the card for a second print? If they get approval and put out a second run, I have a sinking feeling I'll be paying $50 to idolize my Honoka.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:49 am Reply with quote
My bank account's been charged by Rightstuf for the second half of Cat's Eye I preordered, meaning it should be coming my way soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:18 am Reply with quote
Pre-ordered both halves of Log Horizon off Rightstuf just now. Also it looks like my preorder of Gargantia will be shipping out soon as my bank account's been charged for it.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:41 pm Reply with quote
For one very lucky person on here, I found a spare copy of Flag v2, aka the rare one, and will re-sell it for $20 (this includes shipping, $25 if you're in Canada).

Also, my copy of Goong 16 arrived today, woohoo!
geishageek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:06 am Reply with quote
Got shipping confirmation that my Time of Eve Kickstarter purchase has shipped. Almost a year late but it least it will finally be in my hands on Monday! Yay! Razz

Now just waiting on Robin to ship the Nina books!
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:29 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
luffypirate85 wrote:
Got that email and wondered if they still had Love Live! I bet the external bonus cards are long gone now Sad
I suppose it's a little late, but the Weiß Schwartz card was packaged inside the artbox. The NISA store had an external bonus poster and they had an edition with a CD, but that was it.

I do find it interesting that they sold out practically on day 1 and we haven't heard any news about what's next; are they negotiating to include the card for a second print? If they get approval and put out a second run, I have a sinking feeling I'll be paying $50 to idolize my Honoka.

Very interesting...maybe I can pick up an extra on eBay? I'll keep an eye out for that second run if it ever happens. Totally lost track of releases.

Two updates: (1) the vendor that I bought the Star Driver movie from honored the price and shipped me a copy, and (2) shipping confirmation from Pied Piper/Directions for Time of EVE International. Next week will be full of anime feature film fun time.
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Picked up Alice the 101st 4, My Little Monster 4 and Nana 18 & 21. Nana was in the bargain bin, which was nice.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Imported the first BD box of the most recent Turn A Gundam release. I can confirm that, unfortunately, it does not have English subtitles. The HD video looks great for the most part; some overhead shots look a bit blurry. Also, Sunrise appear to have added minor CG enhancements, but they are smoothly incorporated with the old animation.

I want to remain hopeful that eventually Funimation will release in BD and dub the great Turn A Gundam.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Imported the first BD box of the most recent Turn A Gundam release. I can confirm that, unfortunately, it does not have English subtitles. The HD video looks great for the most part; some overhead shots look a bit blurry. Also, Sunrise appear to have added minor CG enhancements, but they are smoothly incorporated with the old animation.

I want to remain hopeful that eventually Funimation will release in BD and dub the great Turn A Gundam.

That is beyond awesome can you post some screen grabs? Did they make any new extra features for it? That would be amazing if the interview Bandai Entertainment made with Syd Mead somehow found its way to the JP side. I need to add more Gundam to my shelf I want that 0079 BD box. Honestly I still have yet to open my copy of Gundam UC final lol surprised I've avoided any sort of spoiler for this long.
murph76

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
Got shipping confirmation that my Time of Eve Kickstarter purchase has shipped. Almost a year late but it least it will finally be in my hands on Monday! Yay! Razz

Mine arrived today. Smile Now, the wait for the artbook.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:08 pm Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:
geishageek wrote:

Mine arrived today. Smile Now, the wait for the artbook.

How are you liking it? Do the pictures they gave us on Kickstartet do it justice?
murph76

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote
IMHO, yes. The included book and postcards use good, heavy paper stock. The box and disc case are glossy, and the artwork is sharp. This is a quality package. I plan on watching the film tonight. Since Justin Sevakis worked on the Blu-ray, I know it will be quality too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1159 of 1399