• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Bullet (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
Sixth episode:

In that advanced future of super-powerful cyborgs and light-speed cannons, people still need donors for kidney transplantation (facepalm)? How stupid authors think viewers are?

But we already have such weapons, rail guns. Prosthetics are getting pretty good, I imagine their climate of fighting monsters would mean focus would be put into making fighting capable prosthetic limbs, while biological advancement would mostly be put into studying the disease.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:

In that advanced future of super-powerful cyborgs and light-speed cannons, people still need donors for kidney transplantation (facepalm)? How stupid authors think viewers are?

if she wants to avoid cyberization and instead have a real kidney, then that's entirely reasonable, don't ya think
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:07 am Reply with quote
Why would she want to avoid "cyborgation"? And why there would be need for that anyway? Biologically created organs (from your own cells) would work just fine.

There is just no way to excuse this stupidity.

Eleventh episode: main hero is pathetic. Half of the time he is frozen or in shock of disbelief seeing perfectly expectable things, makes blank conciousness faces, or closes his eyes during the battle -- all after having long history of horrible things experienced prior to that, as well as extensive battle practice. Authors again used lazy way to make main hero more animated and events more "dramatic" at the expense of believability.

Thirteenth episode: Main hero is again closes his eyes tight, totally clueless about what happens around him in the fight, always late catching up to events, turns left and right only to see that he is doomed to be killed by monsters unless miraculously saved by his comrades.

And no, people do not lose consciousness just because someone hits them in the stomach. For a person to lose consciousness, you have to hit the stomach so hard that you would tear apart multiple organs or something. Then only pain shock could significant enough.

Attempt to make swordswoman and main hero enemies is ridiculous. He accuses her of "murder", while she and her corrupt brother had duel, which is totally fine in those circumstances. For more fake dramatism, she declares herself as evil, though there was nothing evil in honest fight she had with the bad brother. Such elements always derail show's believability and expose how low-class artificial it is in terms of writing.

Also authors again used cheap, lame way to advance the story. This time, the bomb was not working. Really pathetic, just as prior "shells were not loaded to the light-speed cannon" or "due to magnetic field remote commands are not going through" (though remote communications for all the talking are all of sudden continue to work).
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
OVERALL CONCLUSION ON THE SERIES:

1) mediocre, cliche concept/setting, story, characters; lazy, cheap, low class writing;

2) couple of interesting characters;

3) cool monster design;

4) high quality, consistent animation;

5) some of music is good.

Since points from second to fifth are positive, the resulting rating for this show is "Decent", not anything worse.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:44 am Reply with quote
It really sounds like you watched this series to hate on it(it seems like you've declared every plot development fake drama). I'm just going to list a few thoughts in no particular order:

• When it comes to replacing body parts, limbs are a hell of a lot easier than organs, especially kidneys.
  • Hatred isn't rational.
  • I wouldn't say a full-on blackout from a hit to the solar plexus is within acceptable dramatic exageration.
  • The bomb not working is a common trope.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
The mask guy had his organs replaced, he says himself so in the beginning. Also the limbs will be able to be "glued" to the body like that much later (if ever) than organs, which are being made/experimented on even now, let alone the future this show is about, will appear.

Regarding your first paragraph: when you have to start the answer with discussing the opponent, not his/her actual points, it shows just how weak your position is. This is transparent, so I would not recommend anyone *start* discussing opponents.

Finally, I was hoping to like the show as I have seen "Very good" rating. But it turned out to be poorly thought out story in many aspects, and thus disappointing. Yet the good parts of the show still made me rate it as "Decent". So your claim of be "hating" anything is irrational as haters are unable to see good parts about the subjects and vote correspondingly, not like myself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12