• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Weddings in anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:04 pm Reply with quote
In Hataraki Man, Hiroko attends a friend's wedding and unexpectedly catches the bouquet.

st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Bakuman is the first one which springs to mind for me, since romance is a big part of the story spoiler[Mashiro x Azuki and Akito x Kaya]
richfam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Please Teacher! has an informal, but quite beautiful, wedding early on that is a major plot point.

Brighter than the Dawning Blue ends with a wedding in a spectacular setting, although the full ceremony is not shown.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:59 pm Reply with quote
When the Wind Rises has a traditional Japanese and very low-key marriage towards the end.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
Nagi no Asukara has got maybe not the wedding itself, but a symbolic marriage ceremony between the bride - Akari's sister, and the sea god.

And on an unrelated note, although we do not see the marriage, the best proposal can be found at the end ofspoiler[ Planetes.]
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote
"The Merchant of Romance," an episode of The Rumiko Takahashi Anthology is about a wedding hall that arranges and hosts weddings.

There actually is a wedding or two in Wedding Peach, but I think that they are mostly just settings for the battles between the Love Angels and the villains who want to destroy all love, and do not realy show much of the weddings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote
In Kimagure Orange Road episode 11. We have spoiler[Madoka] at the alter of a church next to some dude. She is in a western style wedding gown. spoiler[It is a tease though. It is a rehearsal and she is standing in for her older sister who is too busy.] Interesting take on the ending of The Graduate also.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:31 pm Reply with quote
My favourite wedding moment comes from a show I didn't like all that much - Great Teacher Onizuka. Onizuka is roped in to fill in for a missing bridegroom. The bride is utterly adorable until she smiles, only to reveal a shark's maw:

The entire wedding party then gives similar grins. I suppose it's a metaphor for a young man's fear of commitment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2