• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokyo ESP (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I will! <3 Rinka. Although, I'm more expecting Minami to come over to the Light Side than I am of her being defeated.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I find it extremely idiotic spoiler[spoiler[ That when Rinka had her abilities she was getting her butt whooped left and right... but now that she is a normal human again, all of a sudden she is able to easily beat people that she could not even lay a finger on before.]]

I can buy it. In the first fight, she was largely taken by surprise and had no intel on her opponents. This time, she knew their capabilities and prepared the battlefield to her advantage. Keep in mind that the scene was supposed to be much darker for them than it was to use as a viewer, she was fighting using that 6th sense she spent time developing, while they were mostly blind. Besides which, since they were all using hand to hand fighting, her powers would not have made a huge difference.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:27 am Reply with quote
I'm really starting to feel like I'm just over this show. The execution has gotten so stiff the last little while. It's sucked all the energy out of it. And honestly, the fact that it was fairly energetic was the main thing pulling me through its ample writing issues initially. I'll probably finish it since when you're this close it seems a shame not to but bleh. A big part of me just wants it to be over.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12/Finale:

Eh..it was an okay episode I guess but felt spoiler[pretty fast and rushed with the action. At least they managed to conclude this and Azuma arrived on time as well. Rinka's skills also definitely improved in her rematch against Minami.]

As for the show itself, the comedy felt a bit blend though imo . Still, the OST made it up quite a bit when taken that into account. I'm not sure what to rate this right now actually. Maybe I might rewatch some of the episodes later.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
#12 Final

spoiler[The final showdown!
Minami vs Rinka.
It was fun watching them fight.
Of course they managed to put some drama into it as well.
Everyone was pretty busy with their fights too.
To think Rinka's dad would land that huge thing! Talk about impressive.
Rinka decided to give another go with the powers things.
Finally, she'd be able to fully fight!
In the end Kyotaro had to play knight in shining armor.
This final episode was lower than my expectations..]
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Man this show started out good and just took a turn for the worse down the line.

This last episode felt so disjointed, it is hard to really describe how I feel about it.

Although the one thing I can say for sure about this episode spoiler[ They did Rinka's fight with Minami quite well. She was able to defend and hold her off but did not have the strength or power to defeat her. Also like that not having her power mattered in this fight since she was actually cut by Minami as well.]

spoiler[This might just be me but if I was Minami one of those times I teleported with Rinka, I would have just teleported her as high up as possible and just drop her. Although that would not make for a good fight scene.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I think disjointed is a good word to describe this, they just were not very good at setting up an idea and following it to its logical conclusion. In watching the episode I think that I realised that the show would have been best if they had not started the way they did, it kind of put expectations up high, and by the time it mattered I kind of forgot the details that mattered about the characters. Also in the episode it became clear that the professor was spoiler[raising Kyoutarou to be a hero], that it just did not feel at all interesting when spoiler[he revealed that it was his goal, and we saw the people he was trying to get out of hiding]. What he had done was just too chaotic to actually be anything sane.

I really do not know what they had against Rinka, did she even do anything to them? I remember her saving the girl from being kidnapped and helping to save the victims, but apart from that she was mostly just a victim to them continuously attacking her. They were apparently saying she kept getting in the way, but I seem to remember her mostly following Kyoutarou's lead of being a hero, it was not like she was going after their plans until they pretty much make her a part. There were also many parts that just felt unfitting and strange, like a lot of contrast to other tones. Some of the references were cool, but I think things could have been handled better.

As for a rating. I think how disjointed it really felt knocks it down to Decent, there is a good idea in here, but I don't think it was presented exactly to its potential. With better pacing they probably could have made things feel more enjoyable.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:38 am Reply with quote
I was very disappointed in this series. I still really enjoy the manga, but I think this was a very poorly handled translation. None of the changes they made to the content were for the better, and they never got a good grasp of the pacing, making some sequences take too much time, and others too little. I was really looking forward to this series in the summer, but it turned out to be my least favorite that I continued to the end.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:46 am Reply with quote
Deus Ex Pelican Rolling Eyes
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:07 am Reply with quote
I liked the first two episodes or so but the rest of the show was depressingly boring for me. Despite the fact that initial episodes seemed to be rooted in American comic books, the story diverged into just another generic shonen.
kgw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:31 am Reply with quote
From what it seems, the animation spoiler[ditch the Rinka-Kyotaro romance (that's why Professor and MInami kept on kidnapping them)].
spoiler[It's quite hard "prepare someone to be a hero" when you're keeping him prisioner for so many episodes.]. And let's not talk about how many times Professor asked Minami to kill him. Oh, yeah,spoiler[ she loves him and she won't do it. But surely do you want to rely your plans to a girl feeling love, regret and jealousy?].

But if it was to make Rinka a better heroine,spoiler[ then why taking away how she defeated Professor?]. At least before spoiler[the two demigods brothers finished him for good].

Oh, and one thing more, "Kobushi Kuroi" = "Black Fist". And Ayumu's ("Walker") parents are called R/Leia and Anakin Oozora (Sky). Surely, the original writer does like a lot SW.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10