• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Waiting in the Summer (Ano Natsu de Matteru) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan7el

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:35 pm Reply with quote
It was a good series. The best part is that they avoided many of the standard anime pit-falls. Our heros confessed to each other fairly early on in the series, etc.

I would have liked to have seen more final resolutions. They kind of left a lot of things hanging. All we know for sure is that spoiler[the "finished" movie made it into some sort of local cult classic played at the school fair for years to come and that Ichika is in it apparently after she was forced to leave Earth because she's wearing the shirt the sister brought back from Bolivia.]

That's all we know for sure. We don't know how this happened, when it happend, why it happened or what happened to the other love story interests in the show. We also know that Lemon spoiler[went back to the MIB HQ and did work there -- presumably working on fixing the broken space ship that Ichika left behind because we have no evidence that it was ever returned. I think Rinon is the ship in some fashion too.]

Personally, I think Lemon recognized Ichika as an alien on day one. How she did, I don't know. Why she was a senior in the high school that year, I have no clue. Maybe this area of the world/Japan is traditionally an alien hot-spot? Makes no real sense.

Lemon is universally regarded as the best character in the show, but while she was chock full of fun antics, I think the other characters were more "real" and better in many ways -- regardless of their mawkish antics on occassion.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:23 pm Reply with quote
dan7el wrote:
That's all we know for sure. We don't know how this happened, when it happend, why it happened or what happened to the other love story interests in the show. We also know that Lemon spoiler[went back to the MIB HQ and did work there -- presumably working on fixing the broken space ship that Ichika left behind because we have no evidence that it was ever returned. I think Rinon is the ship in some fashion too.]

Reading between the lines:

The reason they were not spoiler[allowed to be there is that Earth had not intersteller technology, simply put with the MIB studying the technology and having interstellar technology they could be together. Seeing Remon with it and Rinon (who is basically an alien mobile phone, and Ichika with the outfit showed us that humans technicly had the technology that they could keep contact.] Other guesses would be that spoiler[MIB have some sort of control over how much contact general populace could have with the aliens, due to no mention of aliens, perhaps similar to the movie series.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Special

Hmm I guess Tetsurou caved into Mio's demands because I don't remember them becoming a couple in the end of the first season.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:06 am Reply with quote
Let's all admit it, Remon is the most epic troll of the entire group from this series. Pure genius tactic!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:58 am Reply with quote
OVA

*two years later*
Wait, that is true for within the show and out. How things change, and how they stay the same.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9