• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan - [adult swim] / Toonami broadcast.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:02 am Reply with quote
A FEMALE TITAN HAS APPEARED! SHE USES DEATH SWAT! IT'S VERY EFFECTIVE!

So, um, yeah. We've reached the beginning of the Female Titan arc. So far, I'm excited. There's intrigue, mystery, action, romance (okay, that was a lie), and more! Spoilers below!

spoiler[That crawling titan...mommy, I'm scared.

Armin is smart and adorable. Keep being awesome, dude.

Dayum, Female Titan. So, we've got confirmation from Armin that there is a person in there. WHO R FEMALE TITAN!?!?

Glad Reiner's okay. Also, is that smoke coming from his head, or...HINT HINT?]

Those are my thoughts. See you next time!
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:40 am Reply with quote
This week's Attack on Titan Twitter commentary, courtesy of Conny Springer, Jean Kirschtein, and Hange Zoe:

Clifford Chapin @CliffordChapin · 3h
Jean, I know she's hot in a creepy... uh... skinless way, but stop whistling at the Female Titan. It's rude... #AttackOnTitan

Jessica Calvello @JessicaCalvello · 3h
ONE DAY MY WIFE. #TeamHorny #AttackOnTitan

Eren: "Surely the Titans haven't made it that far in!"
Female Titan: "Yes, I have, and don't call me Shirley!"
#AttackOnTitan #Rimshot

That, right there, twirling and flinging the guy? Favorite moment in the whole show. #AttackOnTitan

Mike McFarland @MikeMcFarlandVA · 3h
That. Is. A. Rough. Way. To. Go... Spinning. Guy. #AttackOnTitan

NO, IT'S NOT WRONG TO ROOT FOR THE TITANS. #TeamTitans #AttackOnTitan

Should have used GPS. Can't trust maps anymore... #AttackOnTitan

HE'S PETRA-FIED. GET IT? PETRA-FIED. LOLOLOLOL #AttackOnTitan #TeamPetra

Levi: "The best survival tool is your brain."
Conny: "Ooooooh I am so screwed..."
#AttackOnTitan

Female Titan: "What did the five fingers say to the scout? ...SLAP!!" #AttackOnTitan

In related news, the ill-fated attack on the Female Titan was indeed spectacular. Also, three words: BIG ASS TREES.
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:37 am Reply with quote
Oh, dear lord, that ending.

Before we get to that, Female Titan has proved herself to be scarily competent. That scene where she subjects an unfortunate scout to a cruel death by spoiler[turning him into a human yo-yo] has pretty much left too much impact in my mind. Other than that, most of the episode was planning and Female Titan being scary.

Now for that ending.

spoiler[Levi is showing weakness for the first time since we met him. As the Female Titan draws closer to Eren and Levi's group, they grow more and more panicked. It looks like Levi may be at a loss of what to do.]

I legitimately can't wait to find out what happens next episode. Dammit, cliffhangers.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:19 am Reply with quote
Not much on Twitter this week around, with just Jean reporting in.

Mike McFarland @MikeMcFarlandVA · 5h
Sooooooooo.... no slicey dicey the Female Titan, Levi? #AttackOnTitan

HANGE LOVES THE HELL OUT OF SCIENCE. @JessicaCalvello #AttackOnTitan

Mmmmmm... Delicious hand. Ouch. #AttackOnTitan

Mike McFarland @MikeMcFarlandVA · 4h
They are ready to cut up some @BrycePapenbrook. #AttackOnTitan

SCIENCEGASM WITH HANGE! #AttackOnTitan

Special Ops Squad: YELLING!
Levi: Stop yelling.
#AttackOnTitan

Let's all talk about number 2. #AttackOnTitan

This trust pact huurrrrrts. #AttackOnTitan

FIIIIIIIIIIRRRRREEEE!!!! Yes, Erwin! @JMichaelTatum #AttackOnTitan

Once again, Jessica Calvello steals the show as Hange. She got to touch it. Also, that Gendo pose.
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:17 am Reply with quote
It's official; I'm a Hange fangirl. Why she so funny? I dunno.

So, yeah. Plenty of action, flashbacks, intrigue, and implacable Female Titan.

spoiler[Aw, Levi wanted to finish his tea!

Hange is really funny and I love her. I had the biggest smile on my face when she appeared on screen.

I really like the mystery they're setting up here. So far, all we know about Eren's powers is that they're powered by hate and he needs to have a definitive goal in mind. We don't know how he got them, how long he's had them, how he can control it...zip.

Erwin is awesome. Actually, there was plenty of awesome this time. Hooray for capturing Female Titan!]

So, that's my thoughts. See you next week, I guess.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:57 am Reply with quote
Jessica Calvello @JessicaCalvello · 11h
OF COURSE THEY'VE LEARNED HOW TO CLIMB. WE NEED MOAR DRAMA #AttackOnTitan #Toonami

Jessica Calvello @JessicaCalvello · 11h
WOW - TITANS DOING GYMNASTICS!!! #thingsthatshouldnotturnyouonbutdo #AttackOnTitan #Toonami

Clifford Chapin @CliffordChapin · 11h
Female Titan's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard. ...And so does her scream apparently. #AttackOnTitan

Mike McFarland @MikeMcFarlandVA · 11h
It's a Titan pajama jammy-jam party! #AttackOnTitan

Adam Sheehan @neumaverick · 11h
All you can eat for just $9.99 at the Titan buffet. #AttackOnTitan

Mike McFarland @MikeMcFarlandVA · 11h
So.... @caitlinsvoice and @GetMeSmith pissed themselves... #AttackOnTitan

Yeah, that whole discussion on which members of the Survey Corps pissed themselves on their first deployments came completely out of left field.
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:05 am Reply with quote
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

*ahem* Spoilers.

spoiler[ So...we know for sure that Female Titan is a Scout member. Probably...Annie. Eff it, of course it's Annie. Thank you, internet.

Levi, you are awesome. So are you Erwin. Please don't turn out to be evil. I heard that they're evil, but I really don't want them to be. Nooooo. Sad

That roar Female Titan gave...I expected something bad to happen, but not THAT. Huh.

That ending. Well, remember back in Episode Five when just before Eren's squad gets eating, they were joking about kill counts? You know this episode's joking about pants-soiling among Eren and Levi's men? Yeah...bye guys. We barely knew you. Stop killing everyone Eren loves, show.]

So, that's it. See you soon. I can't believe we're almost done.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Jean's out of commission this week, but Conny and Hange are here to pick up the slack.

Clifford Chapin @CliffordChapin · 1h
The female titan can summon reinforcements, too bad the Scouts can't do the same... #AttackOnTitan

Shaving the female titan's pits, I see... #AttackOnTitan

Jessica Calvello @JessicaCalvello · 1h
Things are gettin' violent up in here... I'M GONNA MAKE A PIE OUT OF YOUR FACE. I WILL MAKE SHOES OUT OF YOUR ASS. #AttackOnTitan

You should not go out alone, Levi! You should take Hange with you!!! #AttackOnTitan #TeamHange

spoiler[I had a joke planned for when Petra died... I can't make it. Her death is legitimately too sad...] :( #AttackOnTitan

OH DEAR GOD I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THAT RUNNING TOWARD ME #OrMaybeIDo #AttackOnTitan #TeamFreakyAssRun

This fight. #ThingsThatShouldNotTurnYouOnButDo #AttackOnTitan

WHOA. NOT THAT KIND OF SHOW, EREN. #AttackOnTitan

Well, that didn't go as planned. spoiler[THANKS FOR TAKING MY HEAD OFF, BITCH.] #AttackOnTitan

I WILL CARVE OUT YOUR INSIDES LIKE A NICE HALLOWEEN PUMPKIN AND THEN USE THE PUMPKIN SEEDS FOR TRAIL MIX #AttackOnTitan

No one ever tries to bite *my* nape off.... :( #NotATypicalSaturdayNightForMe #AttackOnTitan

spoiler[Alas, poor Petra. We hardly knew ye. Ditto Eld, and Oruo, and Gunther, and everyone else...]
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:49 am Reply with quote
So...how about that new episode, huh? Umm...spoilers?

spoiler[WOW. I heard that Levi's buddies were going to die this episode. I did not expect their deaths to be that gruesome and painful. That looked horrible. Poor guys.

Eren!Titan sounded really effing creepy when he confronted the Female Titan. Or...really weird. Must be the obvious voice pitching.

Summary of fight:

Levi's Squad: Teamwork and Death!
Eren: EMOTIONAL HOT-BLOODED ACTION!
Female Titan: Logic and reason. I'm awesome.

Note to self: Mikasa is scary when angry. And awesome, but mostly scary.]

Phew. Can't wait to see what happens next time. To be honest, I'm really excited to see what happens next episode. Mikasa and Levi are a dream team.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Jean's still MIA, but Conny and Hange (mostly Hange) have things covered. Apphia Yu also has jokes about that one Q&A Hajime Isayama did...

Clifford Chapin @CliffordChapin · 15h
"Sudden reappearance?" Did Armin not realize #AttackOnTitan plays every Saturday night on #Toonami?

Ayu @soymilkpudding · 15h
The first part of this opening sounds like "Oh Canada." #AttackOnTitan

Jessica Calvello @JessicaCalvello · 15h
SHE'S BEEN HOLDING HIM ON HER TONGUE. #badacidtrip #AttackOnTitan

Ayu @soymilkpudding · 15h
The female titan is Armin, right? Since Armin's a girl and all. #AttackOnTitan

Let's all have a moment of Twatter silence for Gunther's non-return. #AttackOnTitan

worst.speedbumbs.ever #AttackOnTitan

OMG STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR TAXES YOU DOUCHENOZZLE #AttackOnTitan

oh god... Petra's Father... oh god..... go away go away go away.... #AttackOnTitan

Clifford Chapin @CliffordChapin · 15h
Well that's it for me. Thanks for watching my first show on tv with me, everyone. It's been a hell of a ride. :) #AttackOnTitan
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
...Spoilers.

spoiler[They...lost. Wow. This is the first time where we see humanity lose in person. They don't catch the Female Titan. Levi's squad dies. Eren loses his fight. All they have gained is the knowledge that there's at least one other person with Titan powers, and she's their enemy. So there's that.

Probably the most heart-breaking thing in this episode- and there are plenty of heart-breaking moments- is seeing the families of Levi's dead comrades talking excitedly about their relatives coming home. It all comes to a head when Petra's father mentions his deceased daughter's crush on Levi, who can't even bring himself to tell him the bad news. Why is this so important? We're reminded that all of those soldiers out there have loved ones. They had hopes and dreams and friends and family, and now they're dead.

Overall, this was a sobering episode. I can't name specifics because my mind is hazy and WE'RE ALMOST THERE. JUST THREE MORE EPISODES UNTIL THE END OF SEASON ONE. HELL YEAH.]

Next time, it's Annie. Can't wait.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Clifford Chapin @CliffordChapin · 23h
Smile! You're on Candid Titan! #AttackOnTitan

Jessica Calvello @JessicaCalvello · 23h
I'd be glad to be safe but I wouldn't be glad to have that bowl cut. #teamnonhairproduct #AttackOnTitan

A-YUREI @soymilkpudding · 23h
It's okay, @ToddHaberkorn. All us Asians had an unfortunate bowl haircut at one time or another. #AttackOnTitan

Micah Solusod @maioceaneyes · 23h
"@UltimateSSZeroX: Damn Boris, why you try to question Marlo eh!? #AttackonTitan #Toonami" He makes poor choices. I mean, look at his hair!

Adam Sheehan @neumaverick · 23h
The water was so blue I was half expecting to see one of the guys from #Free swim by. #AttackOnTitan

That gold had better be chocolate!! >:[ #AttackOnTitan

Mike McFarland @MikeMcFarlandVA · 23h
Urge. For. Justice. Rising... #AttackOnTitan

Yeah, make them pay! They have all that gold, they can definitely afford it! :D #AttackOnTitan

Micah Solusod @maioceaneyes · 23h
Armin's here and Annie's here... THERE ARE TWO FEMALE TITANS? #AttackOnTitan #TooSoon

#typicalsaturdaynightforme "@MikeMcFarlandVA: Lots of talking in an alley... #AttackOnTitan"

The last person who came up to me in an alley with a big coat on tried to sell me a watch. ...least I think it was a watch. #AttackOnTitan

Annie... spoiler[you can't really be cornered.] Your perfect hair would never allow it. #TeamAnnie #TeamHairProduct #AttackOnTitan

spoiler[Ewwwww... Creepy laugh is soooo creeepyyyy...] @Lauren_A_Landa #AttackOnTitan

Mikasa wants more slicing and less talking. #AttackOnTitan

HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THE CARVING THREATS #pumpkintime #AttackOnTitan

So proud of the work @Lauren_A_Landa did in that scene. She rocks. #AttackOnTitan

spoiler[I love me a good Titan transformation.....] #thingsthatshouldnotturnyouonbutdo #AttackOnTitan

Micah voices the guy who looks like a JYB character. Surely I'm not the only one who finds this hilarious.

Also, there's this thing on Jessica Calvello's Twitter feed. Draw your own conclusions.
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:00 am Reply with quote
WOW.

spoiler[So, it's Annie/Female Titan's spotlight episode. Clever of the show writer to do that. I'm getting pumped up!

We've learned that the military police is not such a great place after all. Even worse. remember how Marco said he wanted to join the MP for justice and love? If Annie didn't kill him (and it's heavily implied that she's the one who tore him in half), imagine what would happen when he got there. Look what happened with Marlowe.

Annie did all that. Annie...this short teenage girl was responsible for everything that happened during the last arc. She killed Levi's teammates. No, she MURDERED all those soldiers for reasons that have not been explained. Annie...dayum.

And I must also compliment Lauren Landa for her performance so far. I already liked her as Kyoko Sakura, but Annie was downright chilling, especially with that laugh.]

Only two more episodes left. Can't wait to see the rest. Really, I'm being sincere about that.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Since the Titan's out of the bag now, here's Jean, Conny, and Hange with your weekly commentary!

Mike McFarland @MikeMcFarlandVA · 20h
Dat creepy Annie smile, tho... #AttackOnTitan

Clifford Chapin @CliffordChapin · 20h
"Switching to Plan B?" Looks like that #PregnancyAnnouncement meme got a little out of hand after all... #AttackOnTitan

Soldiers: "Hey, should we--"
Female Titan's Foot: "No".
#AttackOnTitan

Oouuuuuuuch, Erin! Your hand isn't a cheeseburger. #AttackOnTitan

Jessica Calvello @JessicaCalvello · 20h
OMG I JUST GOT IN HERE IN TIME TO FIND OUT THAT BITCH KILLED MAH KIDS #HELLHATHNOFURYLIKEAHANGESCORNED #AttackOnTitan

There's the fact that her hair is fabulous... that's kind of telling. #TeamHairProduct #AttackOnTitan

Armin: "Logic, circumstantial evidence, proof".
Mikasa: "And she looks like her. Done." #AttackOnTitan

I WILL SKEWER THAT BLONDE TITAN BEOTCH #AttackOnTitan #mahkids

Raise your hand if you'd be ok with Levi cutting something off..... #raiseshand #thingsthatshouldnotturnyouonbutdo #AttackOnTitan

Clifford Chapin @CliffordChapin · 20h
You guys remember back when Eren headbutted everyone? I miss that. #AttackOnTitan

Jessica Calvello @JessicaCalvello · 19h
TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS BEFORE I SHOOT YOU #typicalsaturdaynightforme #AttackOnTitan

Mike McFarland @MikeMcFarlandVA · 19h
Hange with the crazy laugh... Heh.. HEHEHEHEH.. @JessicaCalvello #AttackOnTitan

Mike McFarland @MikeMcFarlandVA · 19h
"I'm gonna get to know you through your guts, Titan" - Hange. #AttackOnTitan

Jessica Calvello @JessicaCalvello · 19h
Christ on a gluten free cracker, Titan Eren terrifies me. #thingsthatshouldnotturnyouonbutdo #AttackOnTitan
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:52 am Reply with quote
^ Yes, Titan!Eren can be really effing creepy when angered.

So...woah. This episode.

spoiler[The one thing I love about this show is the emotions. Unlike some shows where they try to get you to cry real hard, every emotion here feels natural. You feel what the characters feel. When they cry, you cry. Simple as that.

Hange is really really funny and I smiled like a dork when I saw her.

Why do I feel so sorry for Eren? Poor kid needs a break. Which reminds me...I need to see Episode Four again.]

And...I really don't have much to say anymore. This is it. One more episode. I am so excited guys. This is gonna be one season finale.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6