• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Karas Video Series to Restart on August 24 in Japan

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Finally, I was just talking to a co-worker about this series yesterday. And I was basically saying how that it's probably never going to come out, but this is great news. That cliff hanger was quite shocking and I really want to know what's going to happen in the last 3 episodes.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, it's about time for this series to be continued. This news has totally made my day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
will release its final three volumes in Japan every month starting on August 24
Any info on when it will come to R1.

TRSI has Revelation at Sep 25. Does that mean all three like Prophecy will be released then? Because that would put it ahead of the Japan scedule. Or has that date been cancelled?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:49 pm Reply with quote
As long as I can have the OVA release in R1 and not the movie compilation, I don't care how long it takes. Smile
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Quote:
will release its final three volumes in Japan every month starting on August 24
Any info on when it will come to R1.

TRSI has Revelation at Sep 25. Does that mean all three like Prophecy will be released then? Because that would put it ahead of the Japan scedule. Or has that date been cancelled?

I am fairly certain that that date is incorrect, the release date for revelation has been all over the place. I've had that disc preorder for almost a year now, I am just happy that eventually it will be available.
avari_oda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Very Happy Shocked

Like everyone else I have been waiting and waiting for this to come out. Release dates came and went, nothing was indicated on their website, I thought that it may never be released. At least this gives us a little bit of hope.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:03 pm Reply with quote
well it's about time. i was wondering what happened to this OAV.
Paploo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Sweet!
Given this has been a big hit for Manga Ent, I'm assuming they've had a hand in getting this series finished. By the sounds of things, it'll be finished just in time for it's planned US release....... I hope Manga manages to keep the high profile voice cast of vol.1.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
Sweet!
Given this has been a big hit for Manga Ent, I'm assuming they've had a hand in getting this series finished. By the sounds of things, it'll be finished just in time for it's planned US release....... I hope Manga manages to keep the high profile voice cast of vol.1.

I don't think that US date will stay the same given the fact the Japanese have a big fear of reverse importation. And seeing as how this is the big anniversary show I don't think that it's going to be readily available so soon after the Japanese release.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Well, this is good news to hear. Gives me something else to look forward to down the road.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:28 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
Paploo wrote:
Sweet!

I don't think that US date will stay the same given the fact the Japanese have a big fear of reverse importation. And seeing as how this is the big anniversary show I don't think that it's going to be readily available so soon after the Japanese release.

The movie compilation was not released in Japan. That was a Manga only release IIRC. The OVA release in its original form hasn't happened in R1 yet. So technically, they can release the movie compilation close to but ahead of the last volume R2 release and not be considered reverse importation imo. It would just be a major spoiler for those buying the OVA version imo.
Paploo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:45 am Reply with quote
The monthly release schedule makes it sound as if they're expecting to get a lot done fast [or already have a lot done], so I imagine the US release date will be close to what it is currently.
With reverse importation, Manga has done a lot of coproductions in the past... I'm pretty sure Street Fighter Generations hit here first for example. Where Manga probably played a large role in getting the anime finished [they have a long history of funding movies/ova's], I imagine they have more control over when they can release it.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Alright. I've wanted to see this luscious piece of eye candy that may or may not have a decent story attached to it for a while now.

It should also be noted that the fourth episode of Karas is going to air as a part of this season's anime -- probably as a way to promote it.

hikaru004 wrote:
The movie compilation was not released in Japan. That was a Manga only release IIRC. The OVA release in its original form hasn't happened in R1 yet.

About that... Is there any real difference between the OVA release in Japan and the movie version done by Manga Entertainment? I'd expect the cutting of the opening and closing themes (though they might have included both at the beginning and end of the feature), but is there any issues with content being taken out?
Paploo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:37 pm Reply with quote
All I'm ever able to find is people venting about how it's "edited" and "censored" because it's not divided into OVA episodes..... but no actual indication as to what the edits are.

Looking about online, and from reviews, Manga's release is just that- the 3 OVA played together, with the credits moved to the end. So, no edits are made to the actual episodes.

It'd be nice if Manga added the opening animation [which is apparently some of the BG music with assorted scenes and some effects] as a bonus of some kind on vol.2, but it works well as a movie, it's decently priced [3 eps for 1/2 the price of one OVA in Japan], there's a sub and a dub, so I'm not complaining. I'm really looking forward to it Smile
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:49 pm Reply with quote
They couldn't have edited it that bad. They even left the eyecatches in The Prophecy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2