• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon TCG Online App Launches for iPad

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nght5tlkr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:32 am Reply with quote
Welp, time to go Apple.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
smokeyjoey8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:57 am Reply with quote
Retina Display only is such crap. If Wizards of the Coast can get the Magic the Gathering Card games on pretty much all iPad's with zero problems, then the Pokemon Company has no excuses.
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
So far as I can tell, it honestly looks like Nintendo has no idea what they are doing with this one. The beta for the PC version that's been ongoing gives me the impression that their tech team is a small, overwhelmed group with little experience in apps/PC games like this......simply just because of all the odd bugs that pop up now & again. The whole thing lacks the polish & shine that most big Nintendo games have.

Regardless, the game is an absolute blast, and the PC version is actually working well enough that anyone interested even slightly should probably give it a look. There's no obligation to buy anything, and it functions great as a free-to-play game since the core TCG is so much fun. You can become a power-player fairly quick without spending a cent at the moment.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:24 pm Reply with quote
I was hooked on the Pokemon TCG game for Nintendo Gameboy back in the day, and am succumbing to iPad app-game fever at the moment (oh, the pitfalls of Puzzle & Dragons... Embarassed )
I'll give it a shot.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:
So far as I can tell, it honestly looks like Nintendo has no idea what they are doing with this one. The beta for the PC version that's been ongoing gives me the impression that their tech team is a small, overwhelmed group with little experience in apps/PC games like this......simply just because of all the odd bugs that pop up now & again. The whole thing lacks the polish & shine that most big Nintendo games have.

That's probably because it's not made by Nintendo. It's an American-only program, so it was made by a small indie team not any of their Japanese developers. If Nintendo themselves ever makes an actual online game for the Japanese market, it'll probably be a lot better. This was originally a browser-based program, after all.

-Stuart Smith
EricJ2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:49 pm Reply with quote
And since the article forgot to include the link (either that, or all linked words go back to the Blue Book site, for some reason Confused ):
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/the-pokemon-tcg-online-comes-to-ipad/

Doesn't seem to be downloadable yet, though, and nothing coming up through iPad's own App Store.
Pangea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Just make the same fking 3DS games for android so I dont have to buy a stupid 3ds just to try the new ones.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:

That's probably because it's not made by Nintendo. It's an American-only program, so it was made by a small indie team not any of their Japanese developers. If Nintendo themselves ever makes an actual online game for the Japanese market, it'll probably be a lot better. This was originally a browser-based program, after all.

-Stuart Smith

It's also worth noting that The Pokémon Company and Nintendo are completely different corporate entities, so Nintendo would have had nothing to do with this.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Pangea wrote:

Just make the same fking 3DS games for android so I don't have to buy a stupid 3ds just to try the new ones.

Ryu Shoji wrote:

It's also worth noting that The Pokémon Company and Nintendo are completely different corporate entities, so Nintendo would have had nothing to do with this.

Nintendo wouldn't be keen on putting stuff on mobile devices.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1