• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation October 2014 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akaname

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:23 am Reply with quote
Has there been any word on the GITS Arise dub cast? I think the SAC cast was great, but would Funi bother getting those guys together again?

Why is there no LE version of this? I thought this would be a big seller for them. I've been collecting the imports, but still plan on getting the domestic release, but I really expected an art box.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:10 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Funi plans to release all the Arise OVAs in one collection? Or all of Hellsing Ultimate in one collection, for that matter.
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
There was a box with part 2, that holds the first 2 volumes. I already had 1-4 of the steelbooks, released by Geneon, so I just bought part 2 with the box and I'm just going to use that box's empty space to put Part 3 in instead of 1. Not ideal, but it's a solution. Personally, I would rather have had 6 more steelbooks for consistency.

Glad I'm not the only one who appreciates a little consistency.

That doesn't sound like a half bad idea (I also have the steelbooks), but doing that would be make feel awfully silly for spending $35 for the first part on blu-ray. Razz
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:34 pm Reply with quote
So is the Arise set dubbed?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:53 am Reply with quote
Nocturne123 wrote:

Yes, it's listed that way on Rightstuf anyway. I hope we either get the SAC TV cast or a new cast from Funi, and not the cast that did The Laughing Man and Individual Eleven movies.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:25 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Nocturne123 wrote:

Yes, it's listed that way on Rightstuf anyway. I hope we either get the SAC TV cast or a new cast from Funi, and not the cast that did The Laughing Man and Individual Eleven movies.

FUNi's already stated that it will be an all-new cast to coincide with the Japanese re-casting.
murph76

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:35 am Reply with quote
It doesn't seem like there's an LE or artbox for Index II or Railgun II. Does anyone know any different? I've been trying to cut back on my anime spending, so I haven't been paying close attention to new releases.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Railgun S is being released in the typical part 1 and part 2 discs
there is no art box to hold them together
keep in mind, they are DVD only and part 2 will be released in a few weeks
the rest of the series is being re-released on bluray this winter, so most likely this will follow in late 2015.

Index II, I'm not sure yet. Looks like what they did with Is this a Zombie and Heaven's lost property forte, a slim DVD/bluray combo pack.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
Nocturne123 wrote:

FUNi's already stated that it will be an all-new cast to coincide with the Japanese re-casting.

Bullet dodged. Good.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Kruszer wrote:
Nocturne123 wrote:

Bullet dodged. Good.

Sad face Crying or Very sad I lve teh original English cast of GITS;SAC, but I hope they'll be good, Mary MicGlynn and Crispin Freeman's shoes to fill.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:08 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
Sad face Crying or Very sad I lve teh original English cast of GITS;SAC, but I hope they'll be good, Mary MicGlynn and Crispin Freeman's shoes to fill.

I too love the original cast, but I don't really think, at least in Motoko's case, that they would be the right voices for these reinterpretations of the characters.

Personally, I would cast Stephanie Young as Motoko, Ian Sinclair as Togusa, and R. Bruce Eliot as Arimaki. The only one I'd really be insistent on keeping would be Richard Epcar as Batou. That man was *BORN* to play that role.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:50 pm Reply with quote
TRSI listings:

FUNimation Shop listings: Blu-ray / DVD Combo & DVD
Quote:
Special Features: Behind the Scenes: Battle of Voice Actors, The Voices of Dragon Ball Z: Unveiled, Textless Closing Song, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/08/20/dragon-ball-z-battle-of-gods-heads-to-home-video-with-an-uncut-version-of-the-film-20-minutes-of-footage-not-seen-in-theaters
Quote:
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Heads to Home Video With an Uncut Version of the Film — 20 Minutes of Footage Not Seen in Theaters!
Posted by Michelle on 08/20/2014 at 5:34pm

Flower Mound, Texas (August 19, 2014) – FUNimation® Entertainment, North America’s leading anime company, is bringing Dragon Ball Z to Blu-ray & DVD in a big way. Right on the heels of its limited-run, highly successful theatrical release, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods will be hitting online and retail shelves October 7, 2014. “We’re thrilled to be able to bring new Dragon Ball Z content back into homes after so many years” said Gen Fukunaga, President and CEO of FUNimation Entertainment.

Fans of the series have a lot in store for them with this home video release. The Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Extended Edition on Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack comes with two versions of the film: the Uncut Version – which includes an additional 20 minutes of never-before-seen footage – and the Theatrical Version. It also includes over 30 minutes of extra features, including an in-the-booth featurette with the fan favorite cast.

This must-own movie, from series creator Akira Toriyama, will be available on Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack, DVD, and Digital HD on October 7, 2014. Pre-orders are available starting today. Click here to pre-order your copy now!

Check DragonBallZ.com for more information. For the latest news and announcements, don’t forget to ‘Like’ us on Facebook at facebook.com/dragonballz & facebook.com/funimation, and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/funimation.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:12 am Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
Plus the fact the first season and all of Railgun seasons 1 and 2 are DVD only kind of has turned me off. Railgun is not as bad looking but Index Season 1 looks god dam awful hardly any better than the fan subs I had back in the day that were AVI before MKV 8 or 10 bit were available
Index I aired in Fall 2008, and 8-bit h.264 .mkvs were widely available, if not the universal norm. Index I was definitely released in that format, and in 720p no less. Comparisons with those TV-fansubs, as well as the Blu-Ray rips that followed, fueled the original grousing about Funi's Index I being DVD-only. Though JC Staff shows from before mid-2013 tended to be animated in ~540p and not look that great on Blu-Ray in the first place.

Good that Funi's making "amends" now, but I have the DVDs and am not about to re-buy the series.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Now delayed to October 28, 2014 (FUNimation Shop).

EDIT: http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/10/07/a-certain-magical-index-ii-part-one-delayed-to-oct-28th/
Quote:
A Certain Magical Index II, Part One Delayed to Oct. 28th
Posted by Michelle on 10/07/2014 at 7:22pm

We have just been informed that due to a technical issue with the video disc replicator, A Certain Magical Index II, Part 1 will be delayed two weeks. It will now be available on October 28th.

We apologize for this late notice. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Last edited by WTK on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:42 am Reply with quote
Did Index II have the MMRs?

oh wait, they did right? because I remember the little agnes hitting touma on the head.

so the specials are misisng again? Confused
you know, I need a new hobby where I actually get what I pay for.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3