• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can't access My Anime or see my ratings in the Encyclopaedia

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Even though I'm logged in, when I try to go to My Anime I get the screen that tells me I need to log in.

Similarly, when I look up a title in the Encyclopaedia it doesn't show me how I rated it or how I've organised it in My Anime.

Oddly enough, in the alphatical listings I can see the icons that indicate whether I've seen the title.

This post confirms I've logged in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:41 am Reply with quote
For what it's worth, I can see your ratings, comments and pictures just fine.

Perhaps an issue with the fast server?
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I can also if I hit the "My Anime" button at the bottom of my posts, but, in that instance, I'm only viewing the list as an outsider and can't add, remove or change anything.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
Have you tried the old fail safe? Logging out, deleting cookies and logging back in?
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, but it didn't help. Changing browser didn't help either.

Confused

It isn't urgent. I'm not about to start or finish a series so I won't need to update anything for a while.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Usually people chime in with a "me too," but that doesn't seem to be happening here. Maybe you have some malware?

I checked and I can edit, so if it's a fast server thing, it isn't ubiquitous.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Is it possibly related to where you are logged in from. Have you consistently used the Australia/New Zealand page or the North America page?
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:14 am Reply with quote
Logging in via the North American page instead of the Aus/Nz page doesn't change things.

? ? ?

I'll PM Dan42.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:36 am Reply with quote
I don't know if it is the same problem as I can acess my anime/manga to change ratings but I can't access my collection to view or add any volumes/boxsets.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:32 am Reply with quote
Hi errin, sorry to have kept you waiting. I just fixed the problem, which was that your phpbb account was deactivated. Now, this used to happen when you changed your email address on the phpbb profile page, but since the email address is now changed elsewhere.... I have no idea how or why your account got deactivated. Did you change your email address and/or your phpbb profile recently? Not that it should matter... ?_?

Tsuna: if you're talking about MyAnime 2, there's no "my collection" unlike MyAnime 1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:25 am Reply with quote
Nay, I was definitely in My Manga/Anime 1 but it's there. Maybe I clicked 2 by mistake (and I definitely wasn't on my phone as that has never worked).

All appears to be right in the world again... Apologies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
...I just fixed the problem, which was that your phpbb account was deactivated. Now, this used to happen when you changed your email address on the phpbb profile page, but since the email address is now changed elsewhere.... I have no idea how or why your account got deactivated. Did you change your email address and/or your phpbb profile recently?...

Thanks, Dan. It's working. The only thing I can think of is that I've got a new workstation at work and hence new computer address. It may have started after I logged on to ANN from there.

Again, thanks.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1