• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What male-oriented fanservice SHOULD learn from Free.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambehr79

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Bango wrote:
I don't watch Free, so I may be misunderstand something here. But I always felt fanservice could go a long way by just having hot girls and not needing to put them in any fetish-based or common comedy situations.

Looking at my fanservice favourites on a certain image site I see there's very few that have erotic poses and fewer still that have nudity. It's mainly just well-drawn and detailed bodies in shapes that appeal to what I want to gawk at.

So I think that'd be a fun first step- Don't focus on shower scenes a guy walk in on or bikini tops slipping off or eating a banana in some erotic fashion. Those are played for (IMO often lame) comedy. The fanservice itself just comes from hot girls. It'd jack up production costs but we're talking about a hypothetical situation anyway so let's feel free to dream a bit.

Maybe I'm just a simple man who's easily amused.

-- other than the not being a male here -- yep, that's basically it. Free's characters MAY be 'hunks of meat' put out for that purpose, but from my perspective [a yuri-loving pansexual who seems to appreciate girls more Anime hyper] the characters' personalities go a long way.

There was no blatant poses nor lines said, and when I looked up fanart and works, hardly any actual screencaps were used for pervy means [except for the shower scene and spoiler[Rin and Haru rolling around] other spare scenes which weren't even hinting to be erotic at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7