• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Log Horizon (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 3

So that guy at the spoiler[end is part of that group that disappeared since the apocalypse]? Even with Demikas acting spoiler[crazy for all the support, Shiroe still manages to protect him, and it pisses Demi-demi off].

Shiroe and Akatsuki without each other just does not feel right. Maybe he was worried about them relying on each other too much.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Shiroe and Akatsuki without each other just does not feel right. Maybe he was worried about them relying on each other too much.

From what I understand from the novels, it was more along the lines that everyone knows they're always together, so by leaving Akatsuki and Nyanta behind, it helps cover for the fact that Shiroe and Naotsugu are missing, to any spies from Minami.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Speculating on where the story is going and what things mean along the way has always been half the enjoyment of watching stuff as it airs, but I've given up doing that with anything that isn't original material. Someone always comes along and has to talk about what the novel or manga said or what was left out or changed or telling me I'm just completely off track. Those may not be actual spoilers, but it sure takes the fun out of guessing.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:09 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 4:

Good buildup episode. Oh how I wish this aired on spoiler[Christmas. Still, I thought Sia and Akatsuki's outfits looked cute. I think Krusty and Shiroe would of been impressed too if they were there.]

Anyways, this is the beginning of an spoiler[arc so expect more interesting twists. That sure doesn't look like Santa, huh? I did spot one in the background though.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:34 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, we actually got some blood in this episode. I was expecting her to just keel over with nary a scratch like everything else that has been adapted thus far. Interesting change.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Epispde 4

So that guy could spoiler[attack without raising the guardians, and she took damage not like a normal attack did not re-spawn like she should. Looks like their cosy lives are in trouble].

A bit sad that the princess is not entirely enjoying her stay with the Adventurers. She does not seem to think that People of the Land are not that different in terms that Adventurers are just from a more progressive culture.

And Shiroe should call Akatsuki already, she is not okay.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I can start enjoying this series again next week. Season 2 has been a snooze fest so far. Of course, season 1 began like that too.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Oh wow, we actually got some blood in this episode. I was expecting her to just keel over with nary a scratch like everything else that has been adapted thus far. Interesting change.

so they openly bleed in the Novels?
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
I think the comment was in reference to wounds being light and people exploding into money and items the same as monsters, according to game mechanics, rather than what happened here, which is very not-according-to-game-mechanics.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:26 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

so they openly bleed in the Novels?

Yes, here is Kyouko getting stabbed in the light novel for instance. Was surprising considering the anime had completely cut out all instances of blood up till now.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:05 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 5:

Good episode overall although I think animation quality could be improved on some parts. The first half had tension spoiler[with the recent attacks going on. And to top it off, it's on Christmas holidays! Nonetheless, I think the fighting from the latest episode made its point more serious especially with what happened with Akatsuki at the end there. Poor her...]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:47 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 5

So now we are about to get spoiler[to where this season started, with both Shiroe and Akatsuki having died]. The princess seems worried about the Adventurers spoiler[seeing a person of the land attack them, but it is not like one crazy represents the lot.] I got a feeling from the dialogue that Akatsuki might end up spoiler[getting the guy's sword, since she was upset that she could not get a raid level weapon].

We need more Rungelhause.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:43 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Ep. 5

How the hell are they even spoiler[going to beat that guy. It does seem like it's next near to impossible and he's also able to teleport. At least Akatsuki seems to have figured out where he's hiding.]

DuskyPredator wrote:
I got a feeling from the dialogue that Akatsuki might end up spoiler[getting the guy's sword, since she was upset that she could not get a raid level weapon].

I think that that will happen as well. spoiler[We got her eyeing it in a previous episode and now she knows who bought it. It does seem kind of inevitable that she'll end up getting it.]
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Haven't started season 2 yet but I did finish watching Season one's dubbed first half.

MVP award {most valuable performer} goes to:

It's a tie! Jovan Jackson as Nyanta and Tyler Galindo as Rundelhaus. Any time either of these characters were on screen, it was pure entertainment as both of them took the idea of role playing to extremes {on the other hand, it depends on how you feel about how they handled Nyanta's core nationality. Ohh yeahhh...}. Jad Saxton was excellent, no surprise, but the other leads were no slouches either. Andrew Love was not miscast, plus he was more subdued than usual.

The only performance I had a problem with was George Manley as Isaac, the other fighter of the round table. His performance stuck to the "these are my lines; I shall read them" type and voice did not feel all that inspiring, intelligent or interesting.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:05 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 6:

Interesting episode. spoiler[Not only do we get to see this other plane after characters die (Akatsuki and Shiroe this episode), we also see a glimpse of Akatsuki irl. I think this is one of the first scenes of real life being depicted even if it's part of what Akatsuki is seeing as a part of a vision.]

Otherwise, spoiler[I'm worried about Krusty with that scythe. Also, more game mechanics explored this episode...]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 38 of 47