• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:11 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Animation quality dropped a bit this episode imo.

A bit? It looked like they handed off their key frame work to the background artists from World Trigger. I think a new legend has been born in the annals of yashigani anime.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

After this one I am thinking that the ghost is spoiler[just an echo of the girl from the future, it seems the times on the roof and that part near the stairs last episode were places she went to the day afterwards]. If this is the case, you would have to ask if she would have spoiler[been in one of those places if they were not already looking for the ghost that appeared there]. It might bring into the question the spoiler[paradox of time travel if the event that caused the reason to go back in the first place did not happen, meaning her mission might be futile].
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:46 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

I do think it is a bit shaky why you would just pick up a naked amnesiac, take her home, don't tell the teachers, and then spoiler[enrol her in school].

It's the same character that keeps the "Tesseract" {A Wrinkle in Time, please don't think Avengers} on the astronomy club desk so she seems evenly split between power and knowledge?

I'm up to episode 2 and I'm sticking with this series for two reasons:

1 I like the retro cheap design; It's kind of refreshing compared to shows that go budget and skimp on substance {not thinking of UBW, not thinking of...}

2 It's going to be a complete story compared to LN/manga adaptations. The story ultimately not making sense is a risk I'm willing to take...

There's a certain {sorry} je ne sais pas que about it I really like; Like it's set in this eternal twilight time {or "Zone"?} and the world is pared down to that moment during dusk where time feels it will continue forever and the whole world only consists of the people in that room.

Then somebody speaks, looks funny and the moment is lost.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote
anyone notice how Jenifer changes every time Kenny brings out the photo? This ep had her lspoiler[ooking chubby holding food. last time had her in what looked like wresting or dominatrix gear]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
anyone notice how Jenifer changes every time Kenny brings out the photo?

And the censorship of it changes as well. That is one of the more surreal things we have seen so far.

Is Kenny supposed to be some Japanese idea of what an American import is like? Lol.

I thought the secret lab was in the basement. Anyway, it looks like we are watching a time-loop story again.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote
And suddenly it's turned into Photo Kano Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Pretty sure that spoiler[group photo] will show up again later on in this series. That trip looked kinda fun though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Pretty sure that spoiler[group photo] will show up again later on in this series. That trip looked kinda fun though.

Episode 4. A nice little outing but I fail to see the point of the episode. Except poor Yui spoiler[seems to think something horrible is going to happen and it will be her fault for not stopping it.]

Jenifer is different again. I don't mind someone messing with my head now and then but I would like to have a clue.

Can you actually find a film developing lab in Japan anymore?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

spoiler[Quantum cat in the] next episode title and not wanting to spoiler[have picture taken]. So this is like the sort of thing where what is spoiler[unknown or something can be changed, and photos can create fixed points that could cause a problem with her in it]? If so, the fact Kaori spoiler[hurt her hand and her shoe got wet] could be something that cause an spoiler[accident to Kaori, and there is a picture of them there].
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

Jenifer is different again. I don't mind someone messing with my head now and then but I would like to have a clue.

I think she's just a really talented girl.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Probably the funniest episode yet with that date. spoiler[Sou vs Reito huh? I wonder who won more contests in the end? Oh wait, I think Reito did. Anyways, it felt fillerish but was fun to watch overall.]

spoiler[Reito] is actually a decent guy now that I think about it too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

spoiler[Reito] is actually a decent guy now that I think about it too.

She could do much worse. He showed a slight tendency to say condescending things but other than that there was a lot to recommend him.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Jennifer really does do different things and Kenny has a pic for each activity
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Jennifer really does do different things and Kenny has a pic for each activity

That reminds me. Didn't we see some indications that the other characters are aware that the picture of Jennifer changes from day to day? In other words is it all really some kind of inside joke for the Astronomy Club?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quote
yeah, based on what Airi said this episode, I'm pretty sure it's something like an inside joke
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4