• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ace of Diamond (TV) (All Seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:43 am Reply with quote
Okay, a flashback filler arc for the current third years wouldn't be the worst idea.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:05 am Reply with quote
Bugnin wrote:
Okay, a flashback filler arc for the current third years wouldn't be the worst idea.

It's not filler. =) It was in the manga too. Good stuff.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:26 pm Reply with quote
that flashback was worth it. Seeing how goofy they were as first years was hilarious. Seeing how hard they have worked to get where they are now was awesome. Takako was adorable. It's gonna suck if they loose this next game, and considering who the main character is and how tournaments play out, they probably will
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:52 am Reply with quote
With all this build up, I sure hope the upcoming match will be worth the hype. I can't wait though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 51

That was pretty exciting for part of a first half of an inning. Smile Kuramochi laughs like Hiruma. Ya hah!

Did the shot of their feet during the lineup look odd to anyone else? It was like they were all standing there in formation while trying to appear casual. But they were so cow-hocked that where you couldn't follow direct lines of leg down to foot it looked like two rows of players back to back. Weird. Smile Anyway, I'm just glad they finally started the game!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:58 am Reply with quote
Damn, I think spoiler[Mei really stepped up his game at the end] of the latest episode.. I think spoiler[Seido is in a bit of trouble now. We already know part of his past but I think the future he is going to build with his skills might even be stronger. I am surprised by how well Seido is doing though so far. Very impressive.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 52

And Furuya spoiler[steps up with da K's! :)] New OP/ED. Hmmmmmmm, I wonder who could be sponsoring this series?
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:49 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone else find Mei extremely annoying? I now want Seido to win to beat him specifically.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:01 pm Reply with quote
yes, he annoys me as well
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Between him and Sawamura there was way too much stupid yelling in this episode. Smile I think Mei's supposed to be Sawamura with an attitude.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:17 pm Reply with quote
However, I did like Isashiki yelling at Sawamura for saying something smart
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I hope Kuramochi speaks up soon, because I've got a feeling Ryosuke is going to try and tough if out the whole game
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Furuya is a middle relief guy or a closer. Throws hard, burns out fast. He makes no sense as a starter.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I think with their relay strategy, they use him to gain momentum. But you're right, he'd be a better closer, especially since they leave him in after he starts to lose it. If they were prepared to pull him the moment he started flagging, before he could reverse whatever momentum he'd gained them, then starting would be fine. It would also serve to motivate him even more to build his stamina. He should've been doing some sauna sessions or something to acclimate faster. Smile

Plus, you know Sawamura has to close this game. Wink
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:09 am Reply with quote
And it's back. Tense episode. I'm delighted that spoiler[elder bro had the integrity to finally fess up. I knew little bro would be getting into the game eventually,] but I'm happy it didn't take some pseudo-drama to do it.

So anyone else think this is looking like extra innings? Not that they can't stretch out 9 until March, but it seems like something they'd do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 23