• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:39 pm Reply with quote

Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu (TV)

Genres: action, comedy, romance, science fiction

Plot Summary: Sōji is an ordinary high school student with an extraordinary love for pig tails (or "twin tails"). One day a mysterious girl from another universe named Thouars appears in front of him. At the exact same time, monsters begin attacking the city where Sōji lives, declaring they will drain the world's energy in the name of the Twintails. Sōji receives a powerful armor from Thouars called "Tail Gear" which transforms him into a female Twintail warrior named Tail Red.

Preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dDF_CbsPX6g
----------------------------------

Oh for some reason, this show reminds me of Infinite Stratos and Date a Live. I think the catch spoiler[is that the guy also becomes a bit of fighting character but at the same time a girl. So, gender bender? Laughing]

The show has been confirmed as 1-cour by the LN of the same name.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1:

The main guy reminds me of Shiro from DAL. Anyways, I got some good laughs from this mainly because of the spoiler[trap gimmick while mixing it with saving the world.]

spoiler[Tail Red] though? I might have to get used to that name. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Oh God... Best show...
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:13 pm Reply with quote
that was a ridiculously awesome first episode.
The show knows what it is and does it well.
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:59 am Reply with quote
I have not seen something this silly in a while. I can't wait for more.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Twin tails obsession time.
spoiler[That red haired kid sure has a thing for them.
Mystery character added a twist to the story.]

Though it was not a twist I was expecting.
OMG! This is just too much for me...
Skipping it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Hey, a new season of Vividred Operation. That is if Akane spoiler[was really a guy with a Kampfer like gender swap, and they fight Super Sentai villains over the power of twintails.]

I think this show is winning in terms of the craziest premise, the one it reminds me of is that strange as megane show, except the gender is on the other foot now, so I feel more comfortable. Really this was so crazy, yet accepted that it was such that it ended up very funny.

I am also reminded of that pervert mecha show the other season with penguins which I could not stand, but so far from the first episode it looks quite enjoyable. There is a thin layer between revelling in the absurdity and just becoming saturated in it.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:16 am Reply with quote
Quote:
There is a thin layer between revelling in the absurdity and just becoming saturated in it.

The set up for ep1 twintail is following the usual Henshin hero premiere set up, this is little wonder as one of the staff members Naruhisa Arakawa has been involved in Sentai/Kamen Rider series.

Quote:
Hey, a new season of Vividred Operation

It is about execution and focus of ecchi comedy that makes the difference between how a gag focus on even something as simple as a "breast joke" become overdone, it is very clear that the invading aliens are meant to be taken as some sort of Pedobear expy with there fetish focused on twintails instead of chasing lolis, for some viewers there is no difference as it is still a lizard mad being a creeper to a little girl, but by taking the step to focus that there is some sort of overly mysterious power tied to twin tails the scenario lends it much closer to the Sentai series with simply a minorly ecchi theme as opposed to exploiting young girls with every possible camera shot.

Maybe the following episodes will make me eat my words, but unlike the first ep of Vividred (which blatant loli cam focus was a turn off even for my tastes) this series so far seems like another light hearted fighting series that runs right up my ally.[/spoiler]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:30 am Reply with quote
@ FenixFiesta
I think you are missing the point I had about comparing this to Vividred Operation. The main characters are kind of a mix of magical girl and robot super sentai, the main one having a strong connection with the colour red including the word "red" in the name. The scientist who gives the power is kind of sketchy and really just expects the main character to accept the power with perversion potential. Actually Akane even had twintails, and they are similarly loli characters.

Also I liked Vividred Operation.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:03 pm Reply with quote
This is absolutely ridiculous, but I love it.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote
It's a little too silly for me. Don't think I'll be sticking with it. But you guys have fun. :3
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Ep 2, Ok that is amusing that so far the real threat so far for Tailred is the FANS.
spoiler[It is a strange comedy routine avoiding the question for "why does Soji become a girl?" which somehow indirectly gets implied to be answered by his mother (because that was her childhood fantasy)... and yet not really.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:15 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Best anime mum of the season, she might even be close to Momoka's. She spoiler[wanted to be a heroine when she was a kid, so she is happy her son can be one], and was spoiler[waiting on fruition of the cliché relationship between her son and childhood friend neighbour]. Yet is happy at her spoiler[son being in the terrible sexy setting of a MC].

Also, the spoiler[turtle was beaten in one attack]. Or that apparently it is not just that Twoearle has apparently spoiler[fallen for him for no real reason, but he turns into a girl because she likes the look of it].
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:02 pm Reply with quote
I like how Aika attacks Twoearle, the the one who's actually doing the naughty stuff, and not Souji. And yeah, best mom ever
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't going to watch this show after all the bad reviews it was getting, but I must say, aside from maybe Daimidaler, this is like the funniest parody show I have seen for a while. I guess instead of penguins with huge dicks, we have lizard guys who are obsessed with twin tails and moe. This is some funny stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3