• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Akame ga Kill! (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Man what a nerve-wracking battle. Kurome seems damn near invincible. I don't want any more of the Night Raid team to die but it looks inevitable.

Can't we al just get along?

I was a little disappointed with Akame's answer to Bols' question. "Because my heart told me so" is deep and all but not very useful. I would have preferred something that would have made Bols question his position more like "because I chose to serve good and not evil."

Those poor saps thinking they trapped Esdeath. Jeez talk about bad intel.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:49 am Reply with quote
Episode 16

"spoiler[After this is over, maybe I'll confess my feelings to her]."
DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT! Why would he say that? spoiler[It is like he wants to die].

In true style this was tense, we really don't know who might die, or really what injuries might happen. spoiler[Leone already lost an arm to being chopped off, and the other was pierced]. Sure we knew spoiler[Mine would shoot her way out, but with talks of strong acid we could not ignore something happening].

Kurome is too overpowered. it is not just that she can spoiler[raise the dead, but she can use them like to the max of what skills they had, and even as they would take deadly injuries].
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Roll up! Roll up! Place your bets now!

At this moment in time I feel like anyone apart from spoiler[Akame, Tatsumi and Esdeath] can be killed at anytime. spoiler[Kurome] is a tricky one. The fact that her Imperial Arms is so overpowered and she looks pretty much invincible, that may spell the end for her next time. Not entirey sure though.

I'm guessing that spoiler[Bol's] wil be the first casualty as his Imperial Arms is pretty much destroyed, followed by spoiler[one arm Leone] to even the odds.

spoiler[Susanoo] was awesome this episode, though with him being able to power up, I was expecting him to shout "BOOST!" Laughing . His special ability intrigues me. Is it three times per battle or per owner?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
spoiler[Susanoo] was awesome this episode, though with him being able to power up, I was expecting him to shout "BOOST!" Laughing . His special ability intrigues me. Is it three times per battle or per owner?

My impression is that she meant "per owner" when she described the power up. I could be wrong, though.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Wow, so much action, this was a fun episode to watch. Everyone present got multiple chances to show off and be badass. And I can see why they've waited so long to show us Kurome in action, she's terrifyingly powerful. I was really shocked when spoiler[she cut off Leone's arm.]

I'll be quite surprised if no one dies next episode (or maybe the one after that, depending on how much longer this fight actually goes on for). spoiler[I'm thinking most likely Bols. It seems like Leone is able to stop her wounds from bleeding, so it's possible she could live, but then she'd still have the whole lost-arm thing to deal with...I suppose she could get a replacement from wherever Najenda got hers...] So while I am looking forward to the next episode, I am also somewhat dreading it. I don't want anyone to die...
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:24 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Man what a nerve-wracking battle. Kurome seems damn near invincible. I don't want any more of the Night Raid team to die but it looks inevitable.

Can't we al just get along?

I was a little disappointed with Akame's answer to Bols' question. "Because my heart told me so" is deep and all but not very useful. I would have preferred something that would have made Bols question his position more like "because I chose to serve good and not evil."

Those poor saps thinking they trapped Esdeath. Jeez talk about bad intel.

it looks like Bols spoiler[killed himself.] in this ep.

i think somebody needs to die from both side. it's no fun that one side wins all the time.

Yatsufusa > Murasame by way. Yatsufusa is alot more useful overall. Murasame is one hit kill, that's about it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm afraid that spoiler[both Leone and Bols are tostito'd. Geez, how long has it been since I cared if a "bad guy" was killed? Akame is probably injured.]

Damn you, spoiler[cliffhanger!]

Looking forward to next week, that's for sure.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
not sure about that. being part cat, I'm fairly certain Leone was able to react quick enough to at least spoiler[escape death from the blast]. besides, we haven't gotten her back story yet
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I think Akame, Kurome, Tatsumi and Esdeath will stay alive for a very long time or atleast until near the end of the manga. Wave can't die until we have a dual with Tatsumi since both characters are kind of similar in every way.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I feel like we're in a game of thrones type of randomness where anyone but the essential story characters (Tatsumi, Akame, Esdeath) are fair game to die at any moment.

This is the story's strong point thusfar, IMO. A lot of the other elements have been pretty generic, but the ruthlessness of the plot reminds me of Attack on Titan. The show also does a pretty good job of showing you why you should care if any of the characters died.
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Ah man....spoiler[ Poor Leone, after the arm and now that explosion it sure seems stacked against her that she will be alive. I want her to live... but I don't think that will be happening. She will be missed.]
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if anyone noticed this but I think the line "Because he's my friend is why I want to be with him forever" Kurome said kind of references back what Akame stated to the executioner guy when she beat him which is the opposite of that. Neat tie in.

However it's times like this where I'm confused on how the graphic nature of the series works. We saw Leone get her spoiler[arm cut off.] Very graphic (especially the spoiler[regeneration] part...............ewwwww) but makes sense. Btw it's nice Kurome never followed up on that "spoiler[I'll attack when I see an opening]" line eh? Wink

Mine is thrown into a spoiler[acid filled frogs stomach] and for some reason that = fanservice scene?

What even?

Now if she had some spoiler[skin burned off or something] it would at least make a little sense. I mean it would still be kind of stupid since the spoiler[acid appeared to even get on her gun] so how it managed to only touch her clothing is beyond me. I guess the rule of cool decided to take precedence over genuinely making us worried someone was going to get hurt/die :I. Akame ga Kill you troll. I'm not really mad about it I just think the mood that "these people are fighting tooth and nail to stay alone" was ruined a little. Though I suppose I'm complaining about the wrong things eh?

And wasn't that supposed to be thespoiler[ special reanimated soldier Kurome] had? The dude got beat in spoiler[less than a minute]. At least the other guys gave the Night Raid a run for their money. I suppose the saying the show keeps you guessing wouldn't be an untrue statement since the final undead didn't turn out to be the strongest but the weakest. Still it made thespoiler[ frogs involvement] pretty pointless.

I hope Bols is ok. I love that guy and seeing appear spoiler[to commit suicide] is truly worrying. Of course Akame is probably going to be ok but Leone will probably end up taking the brunt of the move through some convoluted explanation next episode.

But I've been watching to much Naruto since the resurrection business is something I've seen enough of :I.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:37 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
And wasn't that supposed to be thespoiler[ special reanimated soldier Kurome] had? The dude got beat in spoiler[less than a minute]. At least the other guys gave the Night Raid a run for their money. I suppose the saying the show keeps you guessing wouldn't be an untrue statement since the final undead didn't turn out to be the strongest but the weakest. Still it made thespoiler[ frogs involvement] pretty pointless.

Well Mine's spoiler[weapon gets stronger the more in danger she is], and I am pretty sure being spoiler[in the stomach of a creature rates pretty high in danger]. It probably made it look spoiler[easy since it did not get blown apart straight away].
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:10 pm Reply with quote
I think an internal angle would have helped. Since the frogs stomach is supposed to be full of acid she would have had to be able to hang onto something while being in a position to fire her gun in a split second. How would the acid only get on her clothes?

Of course I threw up multiple times during frog dissections in science class so I have idea how it actually looks in there Confused
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 17:
Great soundtrack used to protray the mood of this episode but wow....seriously, just wow.

Just goes to show that no one is safe in this show so far. spoiler[RIP two characters and tbh, that final scene is one of the most brutal ones I've seen in this series thus far. Anime cry]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 25 of 35