• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nisekoi (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:18 am Reply with quote
Bit late given how the new season's started but I actually completed more than usual this season so figured I'd go through them all to kill some time.

Kinda felt like Nisekoi meandered along alot of the time, just going wherever it went as opposed to any actual direction and conclusion. Towards then end of the show that can easily be blamed on the manga not finishing so the was no conclusion to be had for adaptation, but that doesn't excuse the other 16/17 episodes. I mean, we all kinda knew what was going on but it was vague and really, really weak as an actual direction.

Overall though, it wasn't a bad show and I don't feel like my time was wasted on it. All it needed was some proper direction to be heading to help overcome all the smaller issues it had. Hopefully it can get a 2nd season to actually give it some form of actual conclusion.
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Yeah about that conclusion thing, Volibear, if Shū's words to Ruri in the just-released OVA about spoiler[the need for Raku to confess to Onodera on his own because character, overcoming obstacles and stuff] are any indication, I don't think the 2nd season is going to be much better. In fact for myself, I think this OVA, where Shū was basically acting as a spoiler[writer's self-insert] is basically the show's way of explicitly saying it's a romcom string-along. And of course, we the audience aren't just supposed to deal with it, but should embrace it because we get to see Raku reach emotional milestones across several story arcs and through encountering and engaging with many key-grasping red herring characters to come to realize his one true...

Yeah, I can't do this anymore. I'm quitting while I'm ahead; Raku and the girl of his dreams can find each other on their own time without wasting mine with more "oh they're about to confes...oh interrupted again, awwww". I'm just thankful a Maison Ikkoku-length romcom is no longer possible in such a competitive media market. It was a landmark show, and like any good landmark, it should be commemorated and never repeated again.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:14 pm Reply with quote
^I'm in this for RakuxChitoge. I hate RakuxOnodera with a passion; they act socially retarded around each other.
Rolling Eyes

The OVA was funny but....there are way better chapters to animate...though arguably, the best ones are part of an arc and there wouldn't be enough time for a whole arc in 25 minutes....
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Looks like no preview is out for this show yet although there are OVAs that have debuted in the past few months. Some new characters aside, I wonder if Shaft plans to adapt another 20 episodes?

Hmm, I guess we'll see soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 0

So eppie zero featured Chitoge Kirisaki's seiyuu, Nao Toyama, who is cute as a button. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you are ugly and want to become a seiyuu, you are out of luck because - apparently - that simply isn't allowed.

Anyway, a useful reminder episode - although considering the first season only started running 14 months ago, even a notoriously forgetful old coot like myself doesn't really need it.

This was one of those shows - like my My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU - where I liked a fair amount of stuff, but still found it grating, especially as time went on. I'll be checking this out, but whether it survives in rotation remains to be seen.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
So eppie zero featured Chitoge Kirisaki's seiyuu, Nao Toyama, who is cute as a button. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you are ugly and want to become a seiyuu, you are out of luck because - apparently - that simply isn't allowed.

Actually, if you look at pictures of a bunch of big name seiyuu without makeup on... Well... It's not very flattering.

Didn't watch episode 0 since it's just a recap. There is, however, the 3rd OVA. Lots of service and Haru finally makes her anime debut!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:37 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Didn't watch episode 0 since it's just a recap. There is, however, the 3rd OVA. Lots of service and Haru finally makes her anime debut!

Guess that I will do the same. I actually watched that OVA I think yesterday too, and I could not help but be overcome with feelings that it felt incredibly cliché and artificial. I think the whole artificial side really tests me with this series.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:43 am Reply with quote
There's never been much original about the series. Still, it's fun and that's the most important thing.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
Just caught up on the three OVAs. Wow, Honda (she was the one accompanying Tachibana to the bath-house in the third OVA sure has some nice hondas. More of her, please.

After watching the episode 0 and OVAs, I'm kinda more into this show now.
Prince of Thieves

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:44 am Reply with quote
Brent Allison wrote:
we get to see Raku reach emotional milestones across several story arcs and through encountering and engaging with many key-grasping red herring characters to come to realize his one true...

Yeah, I can't do this anymore. I'm quitting while I'm ahead; Raku and the girl of his dreams can find each other on their own time without wasting mine with more "oh they're about to confes...oh interrupted again, awwww". I'm just thankful a Maison Ikkoku-length romcom is no longer possible in such a competitive media market. It was a landmark show, and like any good landmark, it should be commemorated and never repeated again.

Exactly how I am feeling. It is my own fault for continuing to watch, but I just have unrequited hope that they will do something unique or daring. I am wrong almost every time. The only one to exceed my expectations was Ano Hana. I need to go watch that again.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 1:

It was alright I guess. spoiler[I think the show will give more screen time for the new girls (as shown already in the OP song) in the upcoming episodes. But for this episode, I think the second season is letting the audience know how Raku's life is still going with the others in particular Chitoge.]

Speaking of which, she's got some spoiler[lip gloss and a more flashier ribbon this episode...]

Wasn't groundbreaking imo for this season's start so I hope it improves.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:46 pm Reply with quote
cant really blame the guy for not noticing her nails. they weren't any different than normal. just the standard color and healthy looking nails Shaft gives their female characters.

so, more of the same and I was curious as to how they were going to delay the big reveal even longer. curiosity satisfied
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:59 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 2:

Wait, spoiler[Tsugumi featured already this early in the sequel? Ooh! And not only that but Paula makes her on-screen TV debut as well. We got some jealousy and stuff going on as well as Raku getting involved with the affairs. Amusing stuff.]

ED theme song also features spoiler[Tsugumi] quite a bit.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I hope some reason is contrived to keep Paula in Japan. She's fun.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:30 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 2

Tsugumi is my favourite character in the show, so the episode was not bad. In fact I probably could go for more of this sort of stuff than the usual things we go through that never seems to really change that much.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 24