• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sora no Method (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

So they kind of hold a spoiler[grudge over their friend in the past moving away without saying anything], Shione is the only one who figured out it is Nonoka. Apparently spoiler[they are not sympathetic might have trouble saying goodbye], but also that it was intended that she would return, although she lost their mother.

I kind of like how one character would be really annoyed and become a little antisocial from their best friend moving away. But right now I want them to just confront the situation so they can feel bad for thinking they were the ones suffering.

Overall this has been enjoyable to this point.
Hikari14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:22 am Reply with quote
So, I feel that I might be the only one here who actually likes Nonoka as a character......
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:13 am Reply with quote
I don't dislike Nonoka as a character, I'm just not a fan of how she treats Noel. Noel clearly wants to interact with her but it seems Nonoka is, "yeah, okay, let me check my schedule to see if I can fit you in." Wtf?

Shione and Yuzuki are being complete knobs. Koharu is sweet and Sota is just sort of ... there.

Noel is so mphhhf, mphhhf, DAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!
Hikari14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote
Oh, and by the way, episode 4 came out.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:33 am Reply with quote
Yep, and poor Nonoka gets spoiler[slapped] again. Sad

Seriously, girls. Take a moment to sit down together and TALK.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote
Absolutely. Unfortunately, it seems the dramatic structure of this show will be to trace the development of this splintered group from alienation to being friends again ... which will probably happen in the last five minutes of the final episode. I don't like the artificial barriers that have been created to justify the friends not connecting. But maybe the show will surprise me and go in an unexpected direction.

In the meantime: Noel - DAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Right now Noel's cute and adorable factor is the only thing keeping me watching. I'm not really finding the "drama" about the Nonoka and her friends very interesting. In fact the way some of the "friends" are acting to others just seems too fake to believe.
Hikari14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quote
As for me, I am watching for Nonoka and Noel.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
The healing begins. Now if they can just get Headphones to stop acting like a huge bitch...
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:51 pm Reply with quote
I can't help but smile every time I see Noel try to cheer others up. A spoiler[decent ending to the drama this episode. The fireworks was beautiful.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
The healing begins. Now if they can just get Headphones to stop acting like a huge bitch...

Stupidity can be cured? Well I admit the possibility but those two girls represent the biggest dung heap of stupidity that I have seen in anime in a while. And that's a pretty high bar.

So let's see what they do now that all will be forgiven. Yuzuki has held a breath-constricting grudge for more than half her life that dissipates like a dandelion puff after seeing one photo.

Noel is cute. I always thought the saucer is a much more interesting attraction than any fireworks. Any idea why the city refused to grant a permit to Nonoka to shoot off fireworks? More stupidity.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:29 pm Reply with quote
@ HT - it was established a few eppies ago that ever since the saucer appeared, fireworks over the lake have been banned out of fear what might happen if they went ahead.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:25 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Yuzuki has held a breath-constricting grudge for more than half her life that dissipates like a dandelion puff after seeing one photo.

It's not quite that simple. In the first place, her hatred was misplaced. spoiler[She didn't actually hate the saucer, or Nonoka for summoning it. In order to avoid blaming herself for her brother's accident, she re-directed that hate to the saucer which 'made' her go out into the night in the first place. She just finally admitted to herself that it was her fault.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ HT - it was established a few eppies ago that ever since the saucer appeared, fireworks over the lake have been banned out of fear what might happen if they went ahead.

Sooooo. We couldn't have fireworks over the hilltop shrine instead, just a few km down the road?

Nonaka couldn't say: "Wow Noel you mean you're the saucer!?? You suppose you could nudge it south a few klicks just for tonight? After all you wanted to see fireworks didn't you?"

The whole anime just kind of blithely rolls over the incredibly obvious like some sort of anime amoeba. It is all understandable at some level but the way it is brought about is just frustrating.

Vaisaga wrote:
It's not quite that simple. In the first place, her hatred was misplaced.

Yeah I got that. I am ok with denial in a character in a story. I think everyone has indulged in it at some point in their lives. But this went over the top somehow. Maybe the problem is that why spoiler[was she being so hostile to the person she imagined herself guilty of injuring?] Acting like a total dick not only to Nonoka but just about everybody else around including total strangers? A bridge too far I'd say.

As B- said, let's wait and see what Shione's deal is. I am sure it is equally weighty.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:26 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Sooooo. We couldn't have fireworks over the hilltop shrine instead, just a few km down the road?

Nonaka couldn't say: "Wow Noel you mean you're the saucer!?? You suppose you could nudge it south a few klicks just for tonight? After all you wanted to see fireworks didn't you?"

Even if it's moved a bit, they don't know if they saucer might percieve it as some kind of attack. Better safe than sorry.

Also I doubt Nonoka fully believe Noel when she says she's the saucer. Would be quite the pill to swallow.

HaruhiToy wrote:
Maybe the problem is that why spoiler[was she being so hostile to the person she imagined herself guilty of injuring?] Acting like a total dick not only to Nonoka but just about everybody else around including total strangers? A bridge too far I'd say.

She was just upset that the people closest to her weren't taking her side on the matter.

HaruhiToy wrote:
As B- said, let's wait and see what Shione's deal is. I am sure it is equally weighty.

She's just upset that her best friend suddenly disappeared on her without a word.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5