• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Atelier Shallie to Get Western Release in 2015

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razisgosu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Cant say this is unexpected at all. Hoping for early 2015 but it will probably be closer to mid year. TK is doing a great job catching up to Japan, now if only they would release the Vita versions physically I would be pleased.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:55 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
can't say this is unexpected at all. Hoping for early 2015 but it will probably be closer to mid year. TK is doing a great job catching up to Japan, now if only they would release the Vita versions physically I would be pleased.

Catching up? They're releasing them about as long after the Japanese release as NISA had been for a while. It will probably come out next May-July-ish, about a year after the Japanese release, which is roughly the same rate that pretty much all of the PS3 games have come out as far as I can recall.
Aquaregia99

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Seems pretty consistent announcement and release schedule for the Atelier games from Gust. Usually 3-4 months after JP release we get a localization announcement, followed by the game about 9 months after the JP release.

If I were to guess it'd probably be late April or early May for the release date.

Of course they could pull the same thing as with Ar Nosurge and release it 6 months after the JP release and be out in January, but I doubt that as I believe that is when Atelier Ayesha Plus is dropping (granted different consoles).
-Madoka-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:58 pm Reply with quote
call me simple minded but im just happy enough to be getting the games Anime smallmouth
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
-Madoka- wrote:
call me simple minded but im just happy enough to be getting the games Anime smallmouth

This comment only makes sense if people in the thread were complaining about something, but nobody is, so ??????????
pinder_2009

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:31 pm Reply with quote
The articles mentions that Shallie is the final game in the Dusk series, but what exactly are the other games in that series? I've only played a little bit of Atelier Totori so I'm not very familiar at all with these games.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:58 pm Reply with quote
pinder_2009 wrote:
The articles mentions that Shallie is the final game in the Dusk series, but what exactly are the other games in that series? I've only played a little bit of Atelier Totori so I'm not very familiar at all with these games.

The Arland series comprised of Rorona, Totori, and Meruru. The Mana Khemia games are technically part of the Atelier series. And then 2 or 3 of the older games that have never been released in English are connected. Oh, and I think Atelier Annie might be related to the other DS game that didn't get released here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1