• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monogatari Series' 1st 'Final Season' Anime to Air on December 31

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:47 am Reply with quote
Awesome, definitely looking forward to this!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:49 am Reply with quote
Too much anticipation to see these arcs animated - I REALLY hope these last arcs hit the same consistent high points that most of the Second Series hit. If it does, this could easily be considered a "classic" anime.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:49 am Reply with quote
Fantastic news! Especially since it will be airing on my birthday. (Although subs won't be out for awhile after obviously...) I wonder when the rest of the final season will come. Same with Kizu, because I feel like we really need Kizu before the rest of the series is completed...
Samo2222

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:00 am Reply with quote
Keep 'em coming. The new year is already looking great!
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:46 am Reply with quote
Shaft certainly work fast, the final volume of the final series was only just released recently.

It looks like the producers might decide on doing OVA bursts for the remaining novels.
Dian Z

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:11 am Reply with quote
Wow, that's a lot sooner than I expected. I thought they're taking a break doing monogatari stuffs. It's quite a long series and they might not want to make their viewers get tired of the shows' distincitive styles (of both Shinbo's visuals and Nisio's talking heads storytelling, which both don't seem to change/vary much). Actually I experienced that monotonous feeling when watching hana.
I hope Shaft will get more creative and develops some fresh visuals in adapting this series.

Harleyquin wrote:
It looks like the producers might decide on doing OVA bursts for the remaining novels.

Oh, I like how that sounds. Each separated arc/book adaptation released separately with its episodes screened in marathon, without seasonal boundary. Will be a good way of taking a break between each arc, and no painful waiting for one episode every week.

Though I doubt that.
Probably Tsuki is just the same case as Neko Kuro which was released separately from the second season in new year's eve, followed by the 'real' start of second season in the summer.
At least there's a hope for an announcement of the final season premiere date in the after credit of Tsuki. If it's summer or even sooner then I'll be happy. I've been looking forward to see the conclusion of this series, heard the owari novel is well-received.

(but then again they better release Kizu before the finak season).
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:08 am Reply with quote
Being that's it been over 4 years since Kizu was announced that it'd be animated, I'm think that it's possible that even Shaft isn't sure yet of when Kizu will be released.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote
Nice! Releasing part of Final Season a lot earlier that I thought.

Oh Monogatari Series, Next Season, kind of wish you didn't exist. Was enamoured by the idea of Final Season being where the story wraps up for Araragi and Co. Laughing

On Kizu, at this point...I don't really care. It's a strange one for me, as I've only been in the anime hobby for a couple of years now, so I never paid it too much thought...seeing as it had already been in limbo for a couple of years before I heard about it.
MexicanAnime

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:30 am Reply with quote
At this point, the story that chronologically happens first will be the one to get adapted last. If this was honestly the case, I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional.

Anyways, glad to see more Monogatari popping up soon! This is a bit quicker than I expected and I'm glad to see that Shaft was also animating this and not just that food fetsh show they have planned.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote
It is good to hear confirmation of this arc. I hope the rest of the final season airs sometime in 2015.

And stop beating the dead horse asking for Kizumonogatari. It will come out when Aniplex/SHAFT think is convenient.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:10 am Reply with quote
Well that cool but what ever happen to that movie
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:56 pm Reply with quote
still waiting on kuzo... >.<
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:42 am Reply with quote
MexicanAnime wrote:
At this point, the story that chronologically happens first will be the one to get adapted last. If this was honestly the case, I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional.

Anyways, glad to see more Monogatari popping up soon! This is a bit quicker than I expected and I'm glad to see that Shaft was also animating this and not just that food fetsh show they have planned.

I imagine that's what will happen - Kuzimonogatari will be the last Monogatari thing they animate. Which means you'll all have to wait till after Owarimonogatari gets animated first - since Hanamonogatari is the last bit chronologically.

I actually have no issues with this - it suits the series quite well (especially since Owari brings up things pre-Kizu) and it give more time for them to animate the movie well, Kizu has some awesome scenes which I'd like to see.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1