• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Four Your Eyes Only

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:42 am Reply with quote
Leland Lee wrote:
I cry a little every time I see so many freaking AoA shows lined up on a shelf.

I mean, damn, if I had that kind of money, maybe I can make a dent in this f**king college loan. :/

Lol, I guess we all have different priorities... and income levels. Laughing
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:18 am Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
Yeah, I'm just really sad they actually made an anime all about my fetish and it didn't appeal to me at all. Sad

I'd be lying if I were to say that I checked it out because I'm a guy who uses glasses...so I could relate to the characters. Laughing

Just thought that it would be a bit of "dumb fun", but it just grew old really fast.

I will say, I did enjoy episode 3...at least I think it was episode 3. I'm thinking of the one that is about the friends where spoiler[one passed away before giving glasses back]?

Greed1914 wrote:
Ali07 wrote:
2 things have made me very happy. First, that Sunday Without God was deemed shelf worthy. Second, was seeing Aria the Scarlet Ammo on Adam's shelf...wish they'd make another season of that show.

I ended up liking Aria the Scarlet Ammo a lot more than I thought I would by the time I finished it. I'd love to see more too, but that seems fairly unlikely at this point.

Yeah, I have some hope that something iss going to happen with Aria after reading this back in July. 2 announcements are expected in winter (which I assume is Japan's winter), so there is still a little hope to hold onto...

Though, I still find it unlikely that one of the 2 announcements will be a 2nd anime season. But, my dreams won't be crushed for another couple of months. Laughing
Wakazhi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:31 am Reply with quote
What I liked most about Sunday Without God was the world and how vast it felt, like it could have its own encyclopedia. I would queue up the sequal right now if it happened.

As a Dragon Ball fan, I may check out those Dr.Slump films just to say I saw them. I liked the bit in Dragon Ball when Goku and Lt.Blue ended up on their island, was a total change of pace during that Red Ribbon Army arc, lol.

I like the art style of Meganebu. If I had to choose a series to watch from that creator, it'd be that show. I'm not at all a fan of fujoshi bait stuff, but at least that one made me laugh instead of cringe most of the time.
Leland Lee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:55 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Leland Lee wrote:
I cry a little every time I see so many freaking AoA shows lined up on a shelf.

I mean, damn, if I had that kind of money, maybe I can make a dent in this f**king college loan. :/

Lol, I guess we all have different priorities... and income levels. Laughing

Eh, my income's pretty awesome. But true that on the priorities.
thenix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:21 am Reply with quote
Before I even start to read this: I have never really cared about making sure I check all my email the moment I get it. I have no problem ignoring emails, texts, facebook messages, tumblr updates, or even phone calls. I'll look at it when I want and have time. Nothing has been so important than I needed to know it immediately and haven't been able to be reached.
thenix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:37 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Quote:
and involves zero moe
Is Arale not moe?

Cute and flawed I would think she is, but I guess you are supposed to want to protect her not have her protect you.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:09 am Reply with quote
I'd have to agree with thekingsdinner that the first arc was the strongest in Sunday Without God; it really doesn't take long to drive home how different the world is. Ortus is different enough I can't directly compare the two, but the trapped-in-school arc was definitely a waste of time(at least it lead into the final arc, which let the series finish with some decent strength).
IanC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quote
I liked Torchwood: Miracle Day. Sure it was no Children of Earth, but it wasn't that bad.

Urm.

I might pick up the Dr Slump movies. Yeah.
Bablioteca

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:30 am Reply with quote
Your introduction about the e-mails hit a little too close to home.

haha.....

i feel ya
Dfens

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Pretty cool collection submitted by Adam I wonder why he has a few series both on Blu-Ray and DVD? I'm assuming some of them where DVD only then re-released on Blu-Ray and he double dipped purchasing it again.

For me I sold off my DVD copies once they released it on Blu-Ray and re-bought it.

I don't get Leland Lee's comment "I guess I'm pretty envious of people who don't give two shits regarding adult responsibilities."

Who says the guy isn't being responsible with his money. Maybe he doesn't have debt or loans like Leland Lee does.

Take me for example I have zero debt, always have paid my credit cards off at the end of the month, car is paid off, and my income is a lot more than my monthly expenses. Does that mean I just spend to my hearts content? No I control myself but when I want to I can splurge here and their. I learned early on don't buy something you can't afford and I hate loans so I usually pay cash or buy outright. I like to if something is expensive even though I could just buy it, work some extra hours or divert a very small amount of my pay towards it until I have enough. And it works for me.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I love Meganebu! purely for its little songs in between scenes. The "we are meganebu hoo" and "all you need is M E G A N E" jingles are incredibly catchy.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Nothing has been so important than I needed to know it immediately and haven't been able to be reached
. I fully agree this had been my experience of 20 years also. Determine to use your home/office computer for e-mail and your phone for making calls and not the reverse. Maybe buy a cell phone like mine that can't receive e-mail or browse the web. Then if someone asks if you had seen "that e-mail" yet, you can say that you haven't been to home/office, and you'll save a lot of money. Also, temptation to check will be removed. Or do you need a visitation from xxxHolic's Yuuko?
yowamushi kettle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Meganebu deserves more good credit. I found many elements in the series to be entertaining! The attention to detail in the backgrounds and character designs still amazes me!

This isn't meant to be a super dramatic/serious kind show. It's something to watch to get in a good mood.

There are also other moments that play on the heartstrings besides the ones that occur episode three.

( I wish people would stop comparing it to Free! because they are completely different shows and that's not a bad thing. I enjoyed both =)
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I've had people get mad at me because I hadn't checked my e-mail promptly. I've also had opportunities slip by me because I was contacted via e-mail without much advance notice.

So definitely, I've had my fair share of urgent e-mails.
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Meganebu! was very enjoyable for me, more than Sunday Without God. I really liked the music, art, comedy and direction of the series. Although I wouldn't consider it great, I think it's under-watched by most people and under-appreciated. It's something that appeals to the target audience so it isn't for everyone. People expect it to be better but come on, hot guys with glasses? Don't bother with it if you know it's not your taste.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3