• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Anime Characters With Killer Hair

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Seraphic Moogle wrote:
For some reason Minatsuki from Deadman Wonderland came to mind for this list for me, although it was blood and not her hair really, just came out where her hair is. Interesting list anyway.

i was kinda sure she would have made the list instead of the uber annoying bo bo bo bo bo bo bo bo bo.

Quote:
In actuality, she's sapping their life force. The ability also allows her to animate the dead or inanimate objects.

Well i never saw her did that in the anime series. her hair turning red when she drinks blood like a vampire , yes. but not the ability to reanimate the dead or objects.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:02 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
doc-watson42 wrote:
The list is missing Yura from Inuyasha.

I thought of her too.
She was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Oops. Anime smile + sweatdrop I skimmed the thread before posting, but still managed to miss that.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm surprised Yura from Inuyasha wasn't on the list unless we're talking about characters that actually have hair as a weapon that comes alive and not the ability to control hair fibers. The closest beings that have killer hair is Kintaro from Ge Ge Ge and Ushio from Ushio and Tora.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
The closest beings that have killer hair is Kintaro from Ge Ge Ge and Ushio from Ushio and Tora.

I feel I should have remembered Ushio. Embarassed
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:26 am Reply with quote
Same here, lol, Ushio/Tora, man, that's been a while, but yes, you guys mentioned Yura, someone notices, lol. X3
Mikeski

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Yura?

Eh, she's a low-grade monster-of-the-week from a show that ran for half of forever, that everyone has seen due to the years-long Cartoon Network reruns.

I like it better when the List points out things I might not already know about.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:55 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
The closest beings that have killer hair is Kintaro from Ge Ge Ge and Ushio from Ushio and Tora.

I feel I should have remembered Ushio. Embarassed

I would've mentioned Maki from Wicked City but her nails were her main weapon. Now I don't know if that was the case in the novel, as I've never read them (Not sure if they had planned to publish them here). But her hair came alive in that one scene but you never see her use that attack again. So I wasn't sure if she should be added this to the list. I guess if you went for a list of anime characters with killer fingernails, then she'd be on that list easy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3