• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Episode Review: Naruto Shippuden

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:17 am Reply with quote
1. TheMorry, you should definitely watch next batch of episodes. In episodes 26-28 some amazing thing happen and one of the best villains ever appears. You can not imagine anything better than that, apotheosis of the genre.

2. I really liked Naruto robot filler, it was superb. If only all of other filler episodes were so imaginative and fun.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
So first we get robot Naruto, now it's a low-tech, magical Gundam battle. Smile Nice to see Sasuke and Naruto smiling though.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
It really was nice to see Naruto finally get to play with his Dad. Smile Review was spot on across the board for me. I'm fully expecting someone to revive Jiraiya before we're done. I mean everyone else important has gotten a second chance.
amcnulty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for following along with my reviews each week. Smile I'd love to see Jiraiya back, too! I'm thinking he might be one of the "very few" who stays dead, though. ;-; Hope I'm wrong!

...I also miss Yamato. I know he's not dead, but he's one of my favorites. (At least we saw him in the mecha-Naruto episode.)
skaly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:48 am Reply with quote
amcnulty wrote:
I'd love to see Jiraiya back, too! I'm thinking he might be one of the "very few" who stays dead, though. ;-; Hope I'm wrong!

Maybe they never found his body? I'm not sure how the jutsu works, but they need his DNA, right?
gedata

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:21 pm Reply with quote
skaly wrote:
amcnulty wrote:
I'd love to see Jiraiya back, too! I'm thinking he might be one of the "very few" who stays dead, though. ;-; Hope I'm wrong!

Maybe they never found his body? I'm not sure how the jutsu works, but they need his DNA, right?

Kabuto couldn't retrieve his body from where it sank
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:39 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised this is considered one of the best in recent history considering we had the amazing Obito vs Kakashi only like a 4 or 5 weeks back.
me_barron

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Gahhhhhhhhhh! What bullshit was this of the Curse Mark being Sage derived? Talk about pulling it out of your butt. I know this kind of thing is common in anime, especially this kind, but I just about punched my computer when I saw that. I call shenanigans! Razz
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
After watching this episode I'd like for someone to explain to me if this is a plothole or not.

The fact that they only needed a fraction of the tailed beast power in order for the tree to bloom doesn't make any sense. They could have just used Bee's cut tentacle and the Nine Tailed brothers and called it good right then and there. There was no reason to start a war at all.

Need chakra? They had plenty of reanimation folks who are supposed to have unlimited chakra in them.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like a hole to me, but I'm not knowlegeable enough to call it.

Quote:
I always found it strange that two of the most powerful ninja in terms of physical strength are more occupied with healing on the field. Can't someone who doesn't know the "I can punch holes in mountains" technique show an interest in healing?

It always seemed to me like their super strength was a way to deflect criticism that the girls in Naruto are weak-sauce. Just give them fists of steel, then you don't have to let them actually do anything very often, except healing, which is women's work anyway. Ironically, making Tsunade the Hokage ended up serving the same purpose, to keep her away from the action most of the time.

Anyway, good to see I'm not the only one thinking they're really dragging their feet on moving this along. Smile
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:10 am Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
After watching this episode I'd like for someone to explain to me if this is a plothole or not.

The fact that they only needed a fraction of the tailed beast power in order for the tree to bloom doesn't make any sense. They could have just used Bee's cut tentacle and the Nine Tailed brothers and called it good right then and there. There was no reason to start a war at all.

Need chakra? They had plenty of reanimation folks who are supposed to have unlimited chakra in them.

The reanimation jutsu wasn't originally part of the plan remember? The war was already in motion when Kabuto inserted himself into it, but he wasn't exactly cooperative, just helping. Without Kabuto there wouldn't have been the brothers and he certainly wouldn't willingly sacrifice them for Obito and Madara. Bee and Naruto were never supposed to be on the battlefield, if the alliance had its way they'd still be hiding on the island. It's really by chance that we're at this point in the war, if things had gone as planned by both sides then it would have been Obito and an army of white Zetsu versus the Shinobi Alliance without Bee and Naruto. Eventually Obito would have done a full resurrection of Madara and the alliance would have been defeated leaving Madara and Obito to find Naruto and Bee who certainly would have been beaten at their level then allowing for the summoning of the 10 tales. Thankfully things didn't turn out that way.

BTW, it's funny it should be mention one of the physically strongest fighters not using her fists. Just wait until the "final boss" fight.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Didn't Obito end up using the pouch Kyuubi brother's "Benihisago" for his own purposes anyway?

Plus they already had bee's tail after they tried to suck his energy into the statue. But I suppose starting a war was unavoidable. However, they probably didn't have to drag it out as long as they have in order to accomplish their goals.

Whether Kabuto knew about the plan or not seems to be fuzzy to me. I doubt that he did not have a vague idea of what Obito was trying to accomplish at that time. If he didn't that would mean he only joined him because he was starting a war. But if recall correctly Kabuto was helping out in exchange for Sasuke. Whether he would give up his reanimation for energy is debatable but even if he didn't they could use the Zetsu's (who have the ability to suck energy from people) to gather all the amounts of power they needed.
someonefrom666

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:46 am Reply with quote
This is why I stop watching or read these long shonnen manga/anime. I know why but I hate that they need to drag things unnecessarily long.
Foozakeru

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:24 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Maybe i should start watching Naruto afterall. I've only seen 16 episodes or so. xD 500+ to go...

I started watching from the beginning, oh I'd say late June. I remember being at ep 26 on July fourth. And I became current as of October 10th. Sooo it can be done :3 And I only remember these dates because they're significant, lol. The tenth of October is not only Naruto's but also my brother's birthday.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:10 pm Reply with quote
"Well, enough about me. So, what do you think about me?" It seems like everyone who ever knew him, and a few who didn't, have to weigh in on Obito before we can move on. This all could have been avoided if only Rin had been brought back with every other dead shinobi in the Great Zombie Awakening.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 44