• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seiji Kishi, 3rd Madoka Magica Film, Love Live! Win Anime Kobe Awards

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinx59

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:14 am Reply with quote
I liked Arpeggio and Aura was good, though I am more pleased that Mizushima won last year. Kyoto's nice, albeit still a bit over-rated, and Angela's godly so I definitely approve. Haven't seen Love Live, and Madoka was only ok for me (plus I still haven't seen the movie).
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:37 am Reply with quote
meepsheeps wrote:
Quote:
"Sidonia" by Angela

YES I approve. Sidonia ftw

Seconding this, that theme was freaking amazing. Great show too.
Talk about awesome winners in back-to-back years with this and Guren no Yumiya.

Arpeggio seems like a possibility that helped him, I also quite enjoyed it.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:19 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

As a industry awards show, this is not based on the votes of fans, but members of the animation industry. Like Spotlesseden has said, the industry experts will have different opinions and criteria than fans and critics. It is just like the Oscars, in that regard.

The Academy does tend to award the more popular ones, though at times they award the auteur films which not many people has watched. Maybe it's more like the Annies, also voted by professionals.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:02 am Reply with quote
I still haven't seen Arpeggio but I should eventually. Didn't hear much about it from the western front but it seems to have gotten a very positive reception over in Japan.

Granted garbage like Highschool DxD and Infinite Stratos sold like hotcakes over in Japan (For the record I say they're garbage because I think they're bad shows and not out of a hatred for ecchi/harem anime) but for the most part I think Japanese otaku have better taste than western anime fans. After all, Love Live sold way more than either one of the aforementioned shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2