• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Split Needed? Naotaka HAYASHI

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote
A user is indicating that Naotaka HAYASHI (林 直孝 ) person#31714 is two different people, same kanji and reading. One worked on Steins;Gate and the other on Girl Friend BETA.

Twitter account for Steins;Gate's Hayashi: https://twitter.com/rin_chokko
Japanese wiki for other Hayashi: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/林直孝

That's the best I could find quickly
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:59 am Reply with quote
"Scenario Supervisor" is certainly a different thing to the animation work and this news article is clearly for that guy, although we don't have a credit for Chaos;Head.

I'm going to go on a limb and say he was involved with the original game script for the "Science Adventure" games, which would make Plastic Memories his first anime original work. Given that they have the same Kanji there's no simple way to positively confirm that none of the directorial roles were his, but I think we can allow for common sense and split down the line here.

There is one problem though - there's a storyboard credit for Robotics;Notes. If he's purely a words guy, then that might not be him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1