• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
HaruhiToy wrote:
The source from which I watched the regular 13 episodes, CrunchyRoll, has no mention, no hint or anything about a 14th episode or an OVA. So I am left to hunt around to find it and probably from an unlicensed source.

Annoying.

And they're not likely to ever have it, since OVAs like this are designed to siphon more money from fans directly. There'd be no point putting it up anywhere for free. It's quite common, TV shows get a addenda OVAs with amazingly regularity, causing headaches on American discs that forget to include them, or can't because it wasn't part of the contract.

That aside, finding fansubs isn't difficult. It's definitely no hunt, more like microwaving a TV dinner.

Sometimes, CR shows those OVAs. Like Oreimo season 2 ovas, Saki ovas. They are going to show the new Sword Art Online ova too.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit, the second OVA was decent especially seeing the side of a supporting character from the original series. spoiler[Kugel]'s interactions somewhat reminds me when Ledo first arrived to the planet..

Anyways, looking forward to the sequel!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shiranehito

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:13 pm Reply with quote
The second OVA really hit me. spoiler[I really can see how hard for Kugel to lose Linaria, and he even went to extreme measures for her, partially brainwashed by Stryker too, though.]
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:23 pm Reply with quote
While the first OVA was nice enough, but not exactly great, I really appreciated the second one. It was very interesting to see spoiler[Kugel going through the same thing as Ledo did in the beginning, and how his difference in age, life experience, and personality seemed to have helped him settling at first.] It's almost sad this side of the story only got one episode's length, I would have enjoyed watching spoiler[Kugel's] struggles and change for at least 2 episodes more, as things do felt a bit rushed here and there. And it really is a shame spoiler[both soldiers didn't get to meet and talk about their experiences and difference in opinions regarding this thing called life and human beings.] That could have been fascinating.

As we will get a second season, I wonder if we will see more people from the Alliance accidently stranding on earth. That might stretch some laws of physics and space travel the series itself set up, though. Hopefully, we will, at least, see more of the Hideauze and their society.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:32 am Reply with quote
Anybody watched the new OVA yet? There is fansubbed one out, but the translation quality is really poor so I recommend to wait for the BD, it includes English translation too I heard.

It's 54 minutes long and I really like how the story turned out. I can't wait for the second episode.
(And, oh man, the previous OVA was one year ago, that's long)
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:38 am Reply with quote
It was ok. But the flashback about the storm was more interesting than the current crisis.

I was suspicious of spoiler[the new girl from the start. Her questions about everything had an urgency to them that went beyond mere curiosity (tell me your life story right now!), so the tweest at the end wasn't all that shocking. I was half expecting her to be a Hideauze spy reverted to human form.]

Mostly I think it suffered from a lack of Chamber. And Ledo was so well acclimated now all the fun of that was gone too. I'm still looking forward to the next one though.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:55 am Reply with quote
Seeing spoiler[Chamber in that flashback was the best part imo from the OVA. Otherwise, I thought it was okay. Wasn't too fond of that new girl though.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 52 of 52