• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Time of EVE: The Movie "Deluxe Edition" Kickstarter Blu-ray Sets on Sale

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stepppingoui

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I do not know if this is the correct section to post this information if this is not then I am sorry and moderator please relocate to the correct section. Thank you

Pied Piper / DIRECTIONS / Studio Rikka posted on their Kickstarter page that they have 260 additional Deluxe Editions Blu-ray units available for purchase. See below for more information.

Dear Backers,

There are 18 components to the Blu-ray package, all of which were manufactured with overages in varying quantities. Using the overages, we are assembling 260 additional Kickstarter packages.

Paypal link for 260 additional Blu-ray units:

***We've decided to expand this special sale beyond Kickstarter backers to your friends/family--anyone with this link can make a purchase. We are only posting the link here, so it is up to you to spread the word^^***

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TS9RLUEDXHG62

** When the stock sells out, you'll be redirected to a "sold out" webpage.

What's included in the package:

•Deluxe Edition Blu-ray package (BD/Soundtrack CD/56-page Bonus Book in Digipak with slipcover) + Special Thanks inserts + 7 postcards + envelope

Blu-ray is region free!

•US $55.00 + sales tax (California residents only) + shipping

•Ships from Reel Pictures in San Diego, USA starting October 28, 2014

Shipping prices via USPS First Class mail:

•US: $4.05

•Canada: $13.95

•All other countries: $18.75

IMPORTANT NOTICE: On November 1st we will begin retail sales. The Blu-ray Deluxe Edition price will be raised to $59.95 and will not include the 7 postcards or the Special Thanks inserts---BUT, we will offer better shipping rates to "all other countries." Also, we will offer an Amaray Standard Edition (BD + CD + liner notes) for $34.95. For non-Canada/US residents, you should ONLY purchase this additional stock if you are keen on getting the Deluxe Edition with the Special Thanks inserts and 7 postcards.

Questions? [email protected], twitter@TimeofEve1, Facebook

Last edited by Stepppingoui on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this, Stepppingoui. Does anyone happen to know if by "starting retail sales" that means the sets will be available through sites like TRSI?
Stepppingoui

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:09 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Thanks for posting this, Stepppingoui. Does anyone happen to know if by "starting retail sales" that means the sets will be available through sites like TRSI?

You are welcome. As far as I know there has not been any mention of which retailers the blu-rays will be available for purchase from. The 6 episodes OVAs were available for purchase from Rightstuf (it's now sold out) therefore I would not be surprise if the movie will be available from them too.

Someone in the comment section on the Kickstarter page asked the following question about retail "......Also, will you be selling the standard and deluxe general release discs through rightstuf like you originally did with the OVAs?" and Pied Piper/DIRECTIONS/Studio Rikka gave the following answer "......We appreciate the thumbs-up on sales to the general public!"
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:38 am Reply with quote
Laughing That didn't exactly answer the person's question, did it? I had forgotten that TRSI eventually offered the ONA, so yes, that does bode well for the movie sets. My interest stems from the fact that as a Canadian, I can get free shipping from TRSI provided I purchase $250 worth of stuff (a total I never have trouble accumulating). So I'd love to duck the $13.95 shipping charge if I can, but I might be taking a bit of risk if I wait and TRSI never does get the title and meanwhile it sells out everywhere else.

By the way, for any of you Kickstarters out there who have already received your Deluxe Set: is the digibook mostly just images or is there are reasonable amount of text that provides information/background?
Akaname

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:56 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
By the way, for any of you Kickstarters out there who have already received your Deluxe Set: is the digibook mostly just images or is there are reasonable amount of text that provides information/background?

There are a lot of pictures/drawings but it's mostly text. Interviews with the director and producer, translated lyrics for the soundtrack, various comments and credits. A little less than half of the book is a short story by Yasuhiro Yoshiura.

It's a really nice set. The only complaint I can come up with is I wish they made room for the postcards to fit in the art box.

Quote:

If I remember correctly, they were trying to work out a deal for Rightstuf to handle the international shipping for the Kickstarter, but it didn't happen.
I'm sure they would like to distribute it, but then again, the ONAs ended up as part of their holiday sales. That could indicate that it wasn't exactly a best seller for them.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
@ Akaname - thanks for the info. Damn, now I really have to decide ... do I go deluxe or standard? If I go deluxe, do I buy it straight from the website above or do I wait to see if TRSI gets it? Decisions, decisions...
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:25 am Reply with quote
I forwarded the email to all of my friends after it became a non-exclusive to backers offer.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ Akaname - thanks for the info. Damn, now I really have to decide ... do I go deluxe or standard? If I go deluxe, do I buy it straight from the website above or do I wait to see if TRSI gets it? Decisions, decisions...

Let's talk about this tomorrow.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:28 am Reply with quote
Definitely look forward to that convo.!
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

You can thank me with your order.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Deal! And I've decided I'll go with the deluxe version after all. I deserve it. Wink
zrdb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
Blood- wrote:

You can thank me with your order.

I would but I already got it direct from the paypal link.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Deal! And I've decided I'll go with the deluxe version after all. I deserve it. Wink

These should start shipping this week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1