• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
High School DxD New (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote
oh, there's Grayfia. guess all we had to do was wait a bit.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:45 am Reply with quote
Red Emperor, which do you want?

Peace = Sex with Rias.
War = No sex with Rias.

PEACE is THE BEST!

LOL.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

spoiler[Issei and Gasper team up], we all knew how that was how it was going to happen, although Rias did not quite seem to expect it, but not surprised. Azazel was pretty cool, making it spoiler[look like he took the hit and appearing behind her] is worth cool marks.

Things I learned this episode, apparently Gasper spoiler[wears pink panties with frills]. Oh, and it Koneko really does end up having her panties on display in almost every story.

Gasper and Azazel are my favourite. I wonder what if I put them together?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:46 am Reply with quote
Certainly was a dragon power armor full finale.

Though I am disappoint. Waiting 12 episodes and that's the Rias eyecatch they give us? Doesn't even compare to the eyecatch from last season's finale.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Eh, the finale didn't leave me the impressions I gout out of the first season. I mean, the ending of that fight...

Oh well, at least it had some action and a pissed off Issei in it. I'm expecting a season 3 in the future to be honest. Dat spoiler[Khaos Brigade].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I just realized the Albion dragon armor looks exactly like the winged Albion from Code Geass. I have to say I enjoyed this season much more than the first one. I thought the first one was just a typical ecchi harem anime, but my opionion of it changed after watching the 2nd one. They need to announce season 3, 4, 5 etc already Smile. I gave this a Very Good.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
fantastic ending, just as awesome as season 1's ending. Personally, I don't think it was any better than season 1 but that's ok, I'm still going to rate this Very Good as well. I'm glad spoiler[Azazel] will now be a permanent part of the cast, since he is now my favorite character. I love his unique way of spoiler[manipulating Issei]
SwiFtSpade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:45 am Reply with quote
is episode 12 the last one of season 2? and will there be a season 3?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:02 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

The episode was good for battle and such with the story, but I am honestly a little disappointed at fanservice that was pulling me harder in the series. It was an alright season, I liked a good majority of new characters, especially Gasper, and Azazel was generally cool
. Although I do hold some disappointment about a couple things, like the familiars barely get any time, especially Asia's dragon that appears in artwork and stuff. And serious business: demon girls need to have at least a tail or horns, otherwise the wings just look added on, even some demonic pupils or something.

Rating the series, I say Good, with extra points from a clear viewing while you are interested in the fanservice, and you can enjoy the characters. I can't honestly say at the moment that it is any higher, but of note I never gave a rating to the first season, I think it may be that I did not exactly have the best version and pay attention to the first season enough to fully enjoy it. I know that Madman entertainment said that they have got the rights for the first season, but I could not find any information after that, I did have my arm twisted to put the first season as a buy if it does come out here. I forget facts in this series so a rewatch might be worth more.

Final note, the OPs were too bland. The first ED was meh, especially compared to season one's, still some nice... details, and kind of pretty. But the second ED was awesome. I hope I am not being too harsh at the moment because it is 1 AM in writing this and I am tired.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:51 am Reply with quote
SwiFtSpade wrote:
is episode 12 the last one of season 2? and will there be a season 3?

I think Season 3 might be announced in the future, especially with an ending like this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:46 pm Reply with quote
A year ago I called it quits on watching the Funimation streaming release. Calling HSDxD fan-service heavy is sort of like calling Niagara Falls damp, and the stream was nothing but one censorship artifact after another.

Well I am glad I waited. The whole thing is silly and trashy and pervy but every step of the way it looks like you get what the animators intended. The key animation is gorgeous. I have never liked huge-boob character designs until Rias came along but somehow she comes across as more graceful than gross. Good thing because she is naked a lot.

The dub was as good as season 1s, played out with a considerable sense of humor. They stray from the Japanese script quite a lot and are not shy with expletives that do actually seem to fit the action.

Plot? Oh yeah there is a little there but what is more interesting is the interplay between the supernatural characters -- angels devils and fallen angels the later group the true movers of what story there is. I am only half-way through the season but I would like to hear other people's thoughts.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I love the dub for this show, mainly for how creative the script can get. Jamie Marchi's teenage male brain works perfectly for something like this. I definitely think Teri improved quite a bit as Akeno, and I think we have Sabat as director to thank for that.

As for the show itself, it still feels like it was trying to do too much in a short amount of time, and too much talking is a free action going on. too many many insane power levels for the Occult Research Club to overcome all at once
Goku921

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:38 pm Reply with quote
i follow this anime, it's so cool Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10