• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I smell some jealousy in the latest episode. Anyways, I hope we find out more about Yui soon as she is still the most mysterious character with those spoiler[strange vision/memories(?)] played in the latest episode.

The latest episode felt a bit slow and fillerish though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:16 pm Reply with quote
that Teddy Bear is evil. they have to get rid of it
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Well, that explains it a lot from the latest episode.spoiler[ Apparently, the experimental unit involving Yui was part of a project (and failed one) in an attempt to prevent Kaori from encountering the accident. It also seems like the accident didn't actually kill her either but sent her to a vegetable state.] For Yui though, the original project involved a spoiler[brain transfer.....]

Anyways, it answered a lot of questions regarding spoiler[Yui, the project, and perhaps possible changes to come]. I still got a little spoiler[S;G vibe from the latest episode] but it's good to know some questions being answered.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote
It would seem that this anime set itself up to sit in the shadow of Steins Gate.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:54 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

So is Yui technically a spoiler[genetic clone of Kaori since they made the body to replace Kaori's]?

Understanding the ending though, from what I understand they are not spoiler[sending her back in time, they are merely changing the mind]. Putting it in at the spoiler[save point while the box is unopened]. We could theorise that spoiler[cube and original Yui were sent back by a far future where such technology is possible, and the fine tuning of what Yui knows can be fine tuned]. Maybe over a spoiler[short distance so they can make better decisions of what needs to be changed].

I am kind of reminded of a time travel movie I saw recently that had spoiler[characters realise that they had been the ones to already set them on their path]. I am kind of reminded of it. Also I went to a convention recently and decided to finally get Steins Gate, I original stopped half way, so I expect to watch that sometime soon.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote
So I assume spoiler[Kaori died by bumping her head into a desk or something during one of the time loops? Otherwise, it's like every death is getting more and more gruesome.]

Also, drama kicks in this episode. I find the timing to be awkward tbh but whatever.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
So I assume spoiler[Kaori died by bumping her head into a desk or something during one of the time loops? Otherwise, it's like every death is getting more and more gruesome.]

spoiler[She didn't die, though.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Ep 10.

It seems pretty clear where this is going. If Kaori and Sō spoiler[hook up] she won't spoiler[have her brains bashed in]. At least that's what Yui thinks. And if that happens then spoiler[Yui will cease to exist] but apparently that isn't a problem.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
I dunno, might be that spoiler[Sou falling for Yui is what will save Kaori. At the very least it'll break the loop since if Sou doesn't love Kaori he won't be so obsessed with saving her and thus Yui won't be made.]
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
^ I have a feeling that this development might be a good thing as well. spoiler[Things have already happened in this timeline that haven't happened in any of the others so maybe if Sou were to fall for someone else that means that Kaori won't die.]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Still gotta do something about that spoiler[bus though]. Choosing spoiler[a different girl might work, but the main problem seems to be the time when Kaori goes home on the 14th]. The puzzle Yui has to figure out is how to do that with the least possible direct involvement spoiler[or she still winds up in a coma]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, this almost felt like a finale in a way. spoiler[Seems like Yui got her feelings across and they seem to be mutual as well. Does this mean she will have to sleep because she managed to prevent the accident by substituting herself (without getting killed of course)]

What remains to be seen!
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Whelp, as expected spoiler[it's impossible for the childhood friend to beat the mysterious new girl.]

So basically spoiler[being loved by Sou makes you destined to be hit by a bus. Kaori is safe, but now Yui doesn't exist and they've created a pime taradox! Wonder how they'll manage to bring her back.]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to guess "the power of love."
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:13 am Reply with quote
There is a Back to the Future joke to be made about this episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4