• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rumiko Takahashi's RIN-NE Manga Gets TV Anime Next Spring

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote
No surprise there since the domain was registered a week ago. I wonder if this will be a long-term series though :O
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
No surprise there since the domain was registered a week ago. I wonder if this will be a long-term series though :O

Given the fact that Takahashi's past series have all been sizable in length, I think that's a strong possibility.
Setsura1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
YESSSH!!!
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:15 pm Reply with quote
I really hope Viz licenses this in the US and gets Richard Cox to voice the lead. Razz
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy! Now we get to do the Rumiko Takahashi Drinking Game again. Take a shot if:

-The male lead is voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi. Take an extra shot if the anime gets dubbed in Canada, and one more shot if the male lead is voiced by Richard Cox.
-The main couple bickers, making the viewer think they've accidentally put in an episode of "Married With Children."
-A perverted character appears.
-The male lead gets mistaken for a pervert in a comedic misunderstanding.
-A love triangle starts. Take an extra shot if more people get added.
-A shot x2 for every character whose design looks like they were rehashed from a previous work of Takahashi's.
-A filler episode happens.
-Chug down the whole bottle if the anime ends a few years before the manga does because of the excess filler.

I think I just caused an otaku genocide via alcohol poisoning.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:22 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering whether this would happen at all. I've had the impression this hasn't been nearly as popular as her previous work - but then again, that doesn't necessarily mean "unsuccessful" either. How far off am I there?
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if I should give this series another go...I just sort of petered out before without intentionally dropping it...Well, if Uchiyama Kouki ends up voicing Rinne in the main anime too, I may have no choice.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Yep, definitely saw this coming. Very Happy

Now if Viz Media can pick up the license for the anime, that would really rock.

Animeking1108 wrote:

Then the ICC is going to go after you for that. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Darkmagick wrote:
I wonder if I should give this series another go...I just sort of petered out before without intentionally dropping it...Well, if Uchiyama Kouki ends up voicing Rinne in the main anime too, I may have no choice.
Considering he is in the commercial...it's a safe bet already.

Animeking1108 wrote:
Oh boy! Now we get to do the Rumiko Takahashi Drinking Game again. Take a shot if:

-The male lead is voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi. Take an extra shot if the anime gets dubbed in Canada, and one more shot if the male lead is voiced by Richard Cox.
-The main couple bickers, making the viewer think they've accidentally put in an episode of "Married With Children."
-A shot x2 for every character whose design looks like they were rehashed from a previous work of Takahashi's.
-Chug down the whole bottle if the anime ends a few years before the manga does because of the excess filler.

Except the voice and replace Takahashi with another author and these can be said about almost every comedy anime now...

PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
I really hope Viz licenses this in the US and gets Richard Cox to voice the lead. Razz

Do people seriously like re-use of the same VAs over and over again just because the stories have the same mangaka?

---

I'm happy about this. Her previous works were massive gateways for me
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
I'd feel bad for Viz if they bet on the anime, and no one bought it, 'cus the manga isn't as popular as Inu Yasha or Ranma.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:48 pm Reply with quote
The only Takahashi property I've touched is InuYasha. Have heard about others, but have never gotten around to checking anything else out.

What I saw of InuYasha, I enjoyed. May check this one out...but I really should get around to watching the rest of the InuYasha anime. Stumbled across it one night, years ago, while flicking through channels and seeing it on Cartoon Network.

But, by that time, the series had already started, so I was a little lost as to what everything was...but enjoyed what I did grasp from it. Has been a long time since I last saw an episode though, so I'd have to start from the beginning. Now to start saving some money...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:48 pm Reply with quote
I am a bit surprised people look with good eyes Viz picking up this anime only a few days after learning of the botched Sailor Moon release. I guess people really enjoy Viz's screwed discs.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:48 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I am a bit surprised people look with good eyes Viz picking up this anime only a few days after learning of the botched Sailor Moon release. I guess people really enjoy Viz's screwed discs.

So they made one mistake with their Blu Rays. You make it sound like it's a recurring thing.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:53 am Reply with quote
Well, since I watched some of InuYasha on Adult Swim/Toonami once, I think I'll get around to checking out this show.
If and when Rin-ne gets an English version, I'm hoping the voice actor is anyone other than Richard Ian Cox, but I'll live if he's re-summoned to play as Rinne. Of course, that's assuming Viz picks up this show, but I'm not too sure about that considering that Blu-Ray post-processing fallout with Sailor Moon a couple nights earlier.

Last edited by Mr. Oshawott on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:56 am; edited 2 times in total
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:53 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:

First: Rinne is a completely different personality from Inuyasha and Ranma. Second, he was voiced by Kouki Uchiyama in the commercials.

Quote:

Sakura and Rinne don't really fight at all. When they do, it's just Sakura's silence.

Quote:

Not as far as I can tell.

Quote:

Once or twice with Ageha, but again, not in the amount in Ranma and other stuff.

Quote:

I think Ageha's the only love rival for Rinne. And there is one male character who likes Sakura. And one that has an obsession with Rinne.

Quote:

Actually, I don't think the characters look very similar to any of Takahashi's previous works.

Quote:

This is a comedy manga that can be picked up at any volume. It's basically all "filler." There is no "main villain" (except Sabato, I guess, but he's just a sleaze, not trying to take over the world)

Quote:

Same as I mentioned before. Seriously. I wish people would stop comparing this manga to things like Inuyasha, since it's VERY different. The genre is more similar to Ranma 1/2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3