• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inou Battle Within Everyday Life (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I can't stop giggling at that dog picture Cam0. Thanks for that! Laughing

Episode 7

Wow! Was that the first time this show has taken something really seriously? Honestly, I stopped breathing during spoiler[Hatoko's powerful 'I don't understand' attack on Andou.]It was so emotional that you really felt and connected with her. Just simply a fantastic performance by Saori Hayami!

Now spoiler[Hakoto's in trouble] and I fully expect 'Guiltia Sin Jurai' to come to her rescue with the unstoppable 'Dark and Dark'.

On a lighter note, putting Tomoyo and Andou together is simply brilliant and the more screen they can get together, the better. Razz
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Yes, quite the powerful scene indeed. Can't help but feel for Hatoko, especially since spoiler[Andou isn't going to choose her] Sad But at the same time I can't deny that spoiler[Andou and Tomoyo] just click better together.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

That was... brilliant. A kind of spoiler[emotional explosion] that will catch everyone only partially watching. I went back to re-watch the spoiler[break again after the episode], the spoiler[voice actress] deserves some cred. Taking a character who comes across as spoiler[super happy, and revealing all that pain and or frustration]. Not just mocking spoiler[the whole chuuni thing, but one huge criticism against the entire premise]. I am not really a chuuni, mostly because it is not in my culture, but did I spoiler[feel guilty that I might have done something that could similarly lead to such frustration]

Trying to think of something similar, for some reason I think of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, spoiler[where the stoic Nagato is revealed that everything takes a toll on her]. I like having sudden expansion of depth to a character that makes you stop looking at it as a joke. Also, Hatoko is my favourite character, which has me split between how good fit the other two are, how adiorkable Mirei was, and how much I like Hatako.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:29 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
A kind of spoiler[emotional explosion] that will catch everyone only partially watching.

Actually what impressed me is her prodigious memory on a topic and topics she doesn't even like.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
Just goes to show how much effort she put into it. It's a shame such effort won't be rewarded.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:16 pm Reply with quote
...Wow. When spoiler[Hatoko's emotional outburst] started, all I could do was just stare at the screen. I can't really think of anything to say about that which hasn't already been said, but if specific anime scenes could get awards, I'd definitely give this one something.

And I'm sure I was far from the only one who suspected this, but it seems like spoiler[there really is more to Tomoyo's brother...I really wonder what he and his gang are up to...]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Jacquipuff wrote:
but if specific anime scenes could get awards, I'd definitely give this one something.

Save it for a thread at the end of the year where we can talk about the most standout parts of the year. I like to make one where you can make rewards for anything, and I was actually thinking about this scene to have one.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote
Wow that was a wonderful performance Sayori Hayami.

Vaisaga wrote:
Just goes to show how much effort she put into it. It's a shame such effort won't be rewarded.

Hey you never know, it might pull a Shuffle! and Mashiro iro with a secondary girl winning.
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:46 am Reply with quote
I would certainly hope that the secondary girls winning comes to pass ( although I won't hold my breath). I really enjoy Hatoko's character a lot more than Tomoyo's. Hatoko feels genuine to me and with how she is portrayed by her voice actress she really comes to life.

Although so far no one beats Chifuyu. She is too adorable.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:34 am Reply with quote
Greatest. Rant. Ever.

You don't even need to be fluent in Japanese to understand she was taking him apart. That was a universal takedown of the highest order. If you're a guy that hasn't at one point in your life had a rant like that directed at you, you have not lived.

I'm not really rooting for her to "win" a guy she's horribly mismatched with. I don't understand why anyone would. They are not meant to be a couple at all.

I like her character a good deal, but rooting for her to be with Andou seems like it would be rooting for her to be miserable. Andou And Tomoyo are a natural fit. They understand each other exceptionally well. Whether or not I find their characters as interesting is irrelevant.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:59 am Reply with quote
^Agreed. As much as I loved the beautifully constructed "chosen" pep talk Tomoyo's brother gave Hatoko, Hatoko is better off slowly drifting apart from Andou and choosing someone else to love.

Of course, the problem with being a female character in a harem anime is that you only get one guy to love, so not much of a choice there! Razz
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Hell, for all we know Andou could end up with Chifuyu sometime in the future! After all, she isn't that drastically younger than he is, so it's not really that outrageous of an idea.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Bugnin wrote:
I'm not really rooting for her to "win" a guy she's horribly mismatched with. I don't understand why anyone would. They are not meant to be a couple at all.

It's simple. We come to care for her, so of course we want her to be happy, not sad. And what will make her happy? Ending up with the guy she likes, of course. Whether is ends up in misery down the line or not is irrelevant, since shows rarely ever go beyond the initial hook up.

I suppose she could move on and run off with some random stranger, but who the hell is that guy? I'll kick his ass!

But like I said earlier, I agree with Tomoyo is a good match for him. Man, I'm doing pretty well with main heroines this season. Looks like writers finally figured out that the female lead needs to be likable and mesh well with the protagonist, instead of being perfectly bland and/or violent and mean.

Also apparently the official Twitter for this anime says that the whole rant was done in one take with no rehersals. Give that girl an award.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Amusing episode. I felt trolled for the first 18 minutes but it was overall funny. I really hope spoiler[Dark & Dark does something useful in the future though...]

Also, will we see more of that spoiler[Fairy in the future? I want to see more of her powers! Same goes for System.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I'll be perfectly honest, It's too late in the series for me to care about this so called spoiler['Fairy War' and Hajime's group.] Though it was a nice episode to bring us up to date with his side of the story at least. Maybe it was just a one off? Who knows?

There's twelve episodes planned and with the ninth's preview looking like it's not continuing what we saw in this episode, it seems a little um.. pointless to me. The show shines brightest when the five main characters take the spotlight, much like the last few minutes.

spoiler[*Dark and Dark evolved into Dark and Dark of the End!*]

How much do you want to bet that it's still as useless as ever? Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9