• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam Reconguista in G (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
this doesn't feel like gundam. It feels like just another mecha series.

Have you heard of Turn-A Gundam and Gundam 00? Way this is playing out its almost a hybrid of both of them, more the former's prequel. I wasn't fan of Turn-A, but way things are being done, it certainlly starting resemble it.

Its being told in bizarre way though, that what i think is setting this apart from other Gundam series' that existed in the past.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:22 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, poor Bell. I hope he can get over what happened in the latest episode but it won't be easy...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:06 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
this doesn't feel like gundam. It feels like just another mecha series.

What you meant is "it doesn't feel like Zeta Gundam". You have to qualify your statement. Zeta Gundam is 1 of 20 tv Gundam shows.
And Gundam Reconguista definitely feels like a Gundam show. It has Gundams, it has war, it has deaths, it has it all. So I don't see what your complaint really is about.
Would you have preferred to have a main character full of teen angst ? Good God, thankfully Tomino decided otherwise. And it makes the show much much better. Razz
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:11 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Oh wow, poor Bell. I hope he can get over what happened in the latest episode but it won't be easy...

Yep such a tragic experience for Bellri. It mirrors to a certain degree Aida's loss of Captain Cahill. War is nothing but pain and misery for everyone involved, even when you think you're doing the right thing. A tough lesson for Bellri.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:14 pm Reply with quote
It feels like that there more to come. Bellri going get dramatized at rate he's going. Or at most he'll be anti-war by time this thing is done.
Least there character development going on. spoiler[They were really going at him with kill after kill. His Newtype powers certain kicked in as well.]

I do like Elf Bulls Mobile Suits, specially with the boosters. It reminds me of a SR-71s in way with those big thrusters.

G-Self spoiler[ Certainly showing some Gundam 00 in it, I think it is armor changing colors when the reflector was active.]

Last edited by Wrangler on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:45 am Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:

Would you have preferred to have a main character full of teen angst ? Good God, thankfully Tomino decided otherwise. And it makes the show much much better. Razz

I would prefer a protagonist who reacts like a real person to situations. If that means 'teen angst', because indeed that's a pretty realistic way to react to tragedy, so be it. I'm somewhat enjoying the show, but I can't get a pulse on the characters at all. I think Klim is the only person with a remotely consistent personality. Well and Raraiya, since she doesn't have one yet.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:26 pm Reply with quote
We have episode 6.

spoiler[WTF. Is it me or is the script they wrote for the show so disconnected with human behavior? Bellri's mom who is suppose to be in charge of the Tower Guard...yet in this episode especially she acts like total 80 year old fool. She did do a act to access a forbidden tech orbital glider so she may goto her son. But seriously...there some serious problems with writing.]

I have to say one thing, I love Gundam. I really got a bad feeling this series may put off alot people from watching the show. Gundam Build Fighters is doing well, but its not serious show. Quality control definitely is missing from this show's writing and editing. No matter how well animated it is.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Quick question. Is the bad dialog possibly a bad subbing?
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:53 pm Reply with quote
this @#@#@# is worst than Gundam Age.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:03 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

So what ? Why should we care that according to you, Gundam Reconguista is worse than Gundam Age ? Twisted Evil
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

spoiler[The Megafuna has return Bellri and his friends/mom back to Capital territory. Wow, those people are living backwards life there. Mardi gras every weekend. The tower basically, bring down physical batteries to ship out throught the world verse, having energy being piped down or transmitted. I'm no engineer, but that ponderous way keep the world fueled for its energy needs. Everything battery and water powered.

Revelations of Bellri's not being related to his mom, is eye opener. Then again I won't thought he was related given how clueless she is at times. He full of youth, but he no dummy from what is been shown of him. Flying the ship back to Capital territory seemed to be bad idea. Worse idea was flying off Montero on autopilot to fight off Capital Army thugs, that was stupid. I guess it leaves room for another mobile suit to arrive to replace it.]
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

So what ? Why should we care that according to you, Gundam Reconguista is worse than Gundam Age ? Twisted Evil

so people shouldn't buy the bluray/dvd of this. And you should be stop watch it.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:20 am Reply with quote
Its been good if you are an old school fan but the timing, script, cuts and angles feels like a dude wrote it and is quickly explaining the whole thing to you while you are busy doing something else. It gets to the point, which I'm sure would turn a ton of you off. I'm kinda diggin the style though. It don't mess around.

I'm awaiting tragedy (only on ep 3) Very Happy
Norbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

so people shouldn't buy the bluray/dvd of this. And you should be stop watch it.

I like it, and does anyone think this will get an English BR release?
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Its possible that it may get english language release with this new deal bring Gundam back to the West. It depends on how well Reconguista does really.

This interview they recently did seems to be sort of eye opener. The show was intended for children, teenagers. Which accounts for the goofy moments, but its still challenging make sense of it. Behavior everyone is beyond something I've seen done for younger audience.

I can understand his refusal to read people's comments on the show, it would cause him stop working on it all together. Its a work in progress, not something finshed while ago. I hope the writing improve, the character interactions are still odd even for kids.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4