• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RightStuf.com 2014 Holiday Sales Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:17 am Reply with quote
- Karneval DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Limited Edition MEGADEAL! $69.98 $34.99*(50% Off)
Quote:
RIGHT STUF MEGADEAL!

This item is today's MegaDeal! Each day during this holiday season, we're featuring great items at mega-great prices. The deals are available for very limited times only (this one ends November 17th at 11:59PM CST!) so make sure you get your orders in before they expire.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:55 am Reply with quote
This has been bothering me for awhile but since when has 50% off been a "megadeal!"? I just look at them and think "What's the deal?".

It's a story of incremental dollars, really. If I wasn't willing to pay 37 dollars when it came out, saving three dollars more isn't going to turn my head.

I guess this part of a recovering economy... Still, I can only think of K-on! here: "Lower!"
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:01 am Reply with quote
Wave #2

Last edited by WTK on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
RightStufSpecialsMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
This has been bothering me for awhile but since when has 50% off been a "megadeal!"? I just look at them and think "What's the deal?".

Most of the MegaDeals are new titles (some very new) and/or limited editions, and wouldn't normally be included in a sale like this. We're pretty excited to be offering them. Smile
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
So were the Viz titles numbered in the teens or something? K, Ranma 1/2 gone before I knew they were on sale and I got the email yesterday.

I don't have to be frugal myself, there's just not that many titles I want. Watamote, I don't know. SNAFU, I still have hopes this one will be dubbed.

I was also wondering if viz titles were on short supply for this sale, not only Ranma, but Blood Lad is also already gone :/
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
some pretty nice things like yuyushiki is tempting

H ga dekinai is so terrible everyone should own a copy so they can build their own kingdom.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:17 am Reply with quote
- Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash! DVD/Blu-ray Complete (Hyb) Limited Edition MEGADEAL! $69.98 $32.99*(53% Off)
Quote:
RIGHT STUF MEGADEAL!

This item is today's MegaDeal! Each day during this holiday season, we're featuring great items at mega-great prices. The deals are available for very limited times only (this one ends November 18th at 11:59PM CST!) so make sure you get your orders in before they expire.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:45 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:

I was also wondering if viz titles were on short supply for this sale, not only Ranma, but Blood Lad is also already gone :/

The problem is that Viz doesn't do across the board label sales for their anime titles, apparently anywhere, so at the end of the year, they mark off a few copies off of some select titles for these Christmas sales.

Not the whole title, just a few "pity" copies.

The only one I managed to buy was Tiger and Bunny BD 2 which was possibly two years ago. I can't tell if they offering fewer copies this time round or if more people are catching on to what they're doing and immediately buying them once they show up.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:13 am Reply with quote
- TARI TARI Blu-ray Complete Collection (S) MEGADEAL! $59.98 $29.99*(50% Off)
Quote:
RIGHT STUF MEGADEAL!

This item is today's MegaDeal! Each day during this holiday season, we're featuring great items at mega-great prices. The deals are available for very limited times only (this one ends November 19th at 11:59PM CST!) so make sure you get your orders in before they expire.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:18 am Reply with quote
- Maken-Ki! Battling Venus DVD/Blu-ray Complete (Hyb) Limited Edition MEGADEAL! $69.98 $34.99*(50% Off)
Quote:
RIGHT STUF MEGADEAL!

This item is today's MegaDeal! Each day during this holiday season, we're featuring great items at mega-great prices. The deals are available for very limited times only (this one ends November 20th at 11:59PM CST!) so make sure you get your orders in before they expire.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
http://www.rightstuf.com/site/main/news/individual/FT0000007484.html
Quote:
New VIZ Manga Holiday Deals Every Thursday!
Posted on: Thursday, November 13, 2014

We've partnered with VIZ Media's manga team to offer a new set of great holiday deals each week! Starting today, every Thursday will see new VIZ manga and books on sale for 50% OFF MSRP! The deals going on this week will be gone next week, so check this page every Thursday to see new deals on VIZ manga and books during this holiday season!
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:27 am Reply with quote
- MEGANEBU! DVD Complete Collection (S) MEGADEAL! $49.98 $24.99*(50% Off)
- MEGANEBU! Blu-Ray Complete Collection (S) MEGADEAL! $59.98 $29.99*(50% Off)
Quote:
RIGHT STUF MEGADEAL!

This item is today's MegaDeal! Each day during this holiday season, we're featuring great items at mega-great prices. The deals are available for very limited times only (this one ends November 21st at 11:59PM CST!) so make sure you get your orders in before they expire.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:03 am Reply with quote
- Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) MEGADEAL! $59.98 $29.99*(50% Off)
- Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb) MEGADEAL! $69.98 $34.99*(50% Off)
Quote:
RIGHT STUF MEGADEAL!

This item is today's MegaDeal! Each day during this holiday season, we're featuring great items at mega-great prices. The deals are available for very limited times only (this one ends November 24th at 11:59PM CST!) so make sure you get your orders in before they expire.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:05 am Reply with quote
- Fairy Tail the Movie: Phoenix Priestess DVD/Blu-ray (Hyb) MEGADEAL! $34.98 $16.99*(51% Off)
Quote:
RIGHT STUF MEGADEAL!

This item is today's MegaDeal! Each day during this holiday season, we're featuring great items at mega-great prices. The deals are available for very limited times only (this one ends November 25th at 11:59PM CST!) so make sure you get your orders in before they expire.

Last edited by WTK on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:46 am Reply with quote
Don't know what the price will be, but yesterday via twitter they gave a preview of Wave 3, and Sailor Moon Set 1 LE with the gold coin will be in it.

Quote:
WAVE 3 SNEAK PEEK! Sailor Moon Set 1 L.E with the rare gold coin available Nov. 26 at 12:30 am CST! http://ow.ly/EP3pX
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 11