• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Denki-gai no Honya-san (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 3:

It would be awesome if this episode aired on spoiler[Christmas. Anyways, it was kinda funny with the work, cute outfits, and that night city view I guess.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:29 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how long it will take for the cast to realize that spoiler[they're already perfectly paired up and don't have to be single.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
I wonder how long it will take for the cast to realize that spoiler[they're already perfectly paired up and don't have to be single.]

Except camera fetish girl.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Hio is surprisingly bold to spend that much time there.

Just to make a note for those who may not be savvy, the spoiler[director had all three of the new video game consoles in his apartment: Wii-U, PS3, and Xbox One]. The fact he spoiler[had an Xbone] is actually a little surprising, it is not doing incredibly well in Japan, probably because it is American unlike the two Japanese consoles.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:04 am Reply with quote
I'm really enjoying this series so far. My big question is whether the show will be able to maintain the comedic energy right to the end. I'm finding recently that a lot of comedy shows I like are great in the early going but lose steam for me around episode seven or eight when all they are doing is repeating already established gags. For whatever reason I have found workplace comedies (like Wagnaria and ServantxService) seem to avoid that syndrome. It's not that they don't repeat already established gags, but they find a way to keep my interest. If Denki-gai actually develops the romantic potential we've seen hinted at so far, that would help keep me interested.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Aww, Hio-tan spending time with Kantoku was really cute. I wouldn't have thought of pairing them up, but surprisingly it works (he really can be nice, when he wants).
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:09 am Reply with quote
Another holiday missed for an actual airing date; spoiler[Valentine] this time. Still, spoiler[adding zombies] in this episode made me laugh more than I had thought Laughing

I mean, spoiler[zombies on Valentine is the perfect recipe for love and scare] Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Some service in this episode, also spoiler[panties]. By service I meant all the spoiler[topless scenes, the guy literally takes the shirt off his back for those in need].

Looks like maybe competition with dating. Although she probably has not realised that himspoiler[ teasing was proof that he liked her].
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:58 am Reply with quote
Ah, panties...I never quite understood the appeal, but that segment was really funny.

I hope to see all three couples happen eventually, but I'm rooting for Hio-tan especially. She's just too cute. spoiler[And it seems like, maybe just a little, she's beginning to realize her feelings? Not that I expect any actual romantic progress for a good long while yet.]
Shikiari

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Another spoiler[Sensei] orientated episode! Has she ever completed a spoiler[manga without help from the others? Without Umio] there, she would be totally lost.

The second part, spoiler['Secret Paradise'], was brilliant. It pretty much summed up why I rate Yoshitsugu Matsuoka so highly as a Seiyû. He can turn from normal to completely bonkers in a heart beat.

Poor Sensei, I'm sure you'll get your spoiler[girl power] someday. If not then try borrowing some off Hiotan... That cutie's got it in bucket loads.

Looks like the spoiler[traditional hot spring/ spa episode] is up next. Looking forward to it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

The Girl power parts were great. I think it was the perfect way to use Sensei's character. It was a joke of saying that she is not girly, but I feel like people would do this, the things you really don't want people to see you do. It kind of reminds me of a Youtube series called Community Channel, I kind of like it when you see a character do something that is not entirely socially correct. This anime is clearly moe, so having the character be a bit un-moe is actually rather entertaining. Just like with Fu Girl's zombie interest, Umio kind of being un-cool, and there is probably something with Hiotan.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Attack on Uncle! Accidentally spoiler[ending up naked in front of a group of people including your co-workers], that has to be incredibly embarrassing.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Kantoku is my role model... That is all.

Really good episode. The Attack on Uncle! theme was quite funny and the girls, especially Hio-tan, getting embarrassed all the time was rather cute.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:06 am Reply with quote
I think spoiler[Sensei had too much fun with the girls in the latest episode, a bit too much fun.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:05 am Reply with quote
Aww, we did not get to see the date. Seeing Sensei spoiler[freak out was kind of cute], and kind of the opposite as she spoiler[started sacrifice herself in her head to not appear too desperate]. That line of thought has to be pretty common, and completely counter intuitive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4