• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:50 pm Reply with quote
To be redundant again, if you already were hooked on the first couple eps, then ep 3 is more crazy train humor.

Twoearle has the usual comic priority issues on tossing Aika a Tail device or just trolling around as Tailred is in a pinch of a situation.

It is strangely relieving that the aliens are no doubt creepy... but not "that" kind of creepy which enhances the comedy factor (you know if you enjoy this type of comedy if you are still following the show).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

The Twoearle and Aika comedy is hilarious. I was afraid that Twoearle would get old with comedy, but how she pretty much picks on Aika and calls her a brute before being beaten up was very funny. I am sure most of the audience knew spoiler[who she was referring to when she said a candidate was violent]. And how it threw in things like Twoearle spoiler[keep coming up with excuses, trying to get Aika to promise to let her be first], and then obviously spoiler[being beaten up].

I am really enjoying this, it is having the kind of perverse subject matter without quite being perverse itself. Another great moment was when they were spoiler[watching him turn into Tail Red in the bathroom while he was going to explore his body]. We all know that something like that would happen. Add in I am sure expected crazy "spoiler[I can't do it" moment]" and as a cherry on the top have everyone spoiler[still love Tail Red, and Tail Blue is disliked].

Not sure why, but I thought the transformation music was a lot like Sailor Moon, clearly it is a parody, but it feels more deliberate than I would expect.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:21 am Reply with quote
This series is stupid, incredibly stupid and that's the only reason why it works. Also, it has some good animation and action comedy but those are small potatoes.

Should I point out:
Playing a game to determine whose turn it is... to play a game? Should I also mention they were duking it out physically prior to that? And the winner? spoiler[Dispatched in one hit]. Our villains, ladies and gentlemen.

Or that we can all feel safe about the upcoming alien invasion {from another dimension} because NASA is all over it?

Or that twins tails and female body aside, it's the spoiler[basic, non covering suit] that gives 100 ton punching power and 150 ton kicking power. So it's not just a matter that spoiler[he could look like himself or he could look like anyone] not just meeting the needs of a secret identity but exceeding it.

Twoearle. I honestly don't know where to begin. Any other show would have the decency to make her a man?

There are certain points where I could see this turning serious-ish, especially since Twoearle has none of the personality defects that plague the untwintailed. In fact, Twoearle probably has too much life/lifeforce... and an extreme desire to breed...

Ah. Eh. Uh. Reminds me of a couple of movies, none of which end nicely...

You know, the villains are no threat based upon what Twoearle can do. So. Either this stays an extreme comedy all the way through, wearing out its welcome by around the fourth or fifth Tail or it'll turn pretty dark fairly fast.

Either way, I'm in.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:44 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
You know, the villains are no threat based upon what Twoearle can do. So. Either this stays an extreme comedy all the way through, wearing out its welcome by around the fourth or fifth Tail or it'll turn pretty dark fairly fast.

You think this is getting serious? The biggest threat so far has been that he was spoiler[powerless against his clone, not for matching him in power but because he could not harm twintails, and he was mostly just getting embarrassed from the situation]. Even when something bad happened to a person, it was simply that they did not care about twintails.

The whole show is a large joke on tropes connected to super sentai or magical girls. Twoearle has aspects of the scientist, alien ally, magical girlfriend, and perverted master. I predict that it will pretend to be dark, but only so far as one forgets everything is ridiculous.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

It is like we got the final boss battle already. How far do they plan on making this go? Will we be seeing twintails throwing around galaxies? Honestly I was rolling my eyes a lot in this episode, they were taking the ridiculous premise really seriously. There was some signigicance over Twoearle not having them, but it got weird.

Looking at the inevitable third member, who seems to be making an appearance next, I found it funny that while he shrinks she seems to do the exact opposite, probably fitting into the one-sama role.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

If you were expecting a spoiler[tight situation where they needed an extra member to come], you are going to be disappointed. Although I am not disappointed with the show, it is a lot of fun. What about the girl spoiler[being attacked two days in a row while she is the same setting (coming out of a toy store)]?

The end of the episode was very Star Wars inspired, Dark Grasper does not exactly sound very different from Darth Vader. I am sure as with many it became clear spoiler[that it would turn out to be a girl]. spoiler[She better have a super fetish thing], I am expecting a spoiler[yaoi or yuri fangirl].
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm finding the show to be very entertaining. Sure it's dumb, but it doesn't make me feel stupid for watching it which is what usually happens with these sorts homage series.

The way the back of TailBlue's armour changes colour from frame to frame is quite funny.

And yes, I would gladly have taken the maid up on signing the marriage certificate. Sure, she's single for a reason (in other words, she's veritably crazy), but wow is she hot.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
You think this is getting serious? The biggest threat so far has been that he was spoiler[powerless against his clone, not for matching him in power but because he could not harm twintails, and he was mostly just getting embarrassed from the situation]. Even when something bad happened to a person, it was simply that they did not care about twintails.

The whole show is a large joke on tropes connected to super sentai or magical girls. Twoearle has aspects of the scientist, alien ally, magical girlfriend, and perverted master. I predict that it will pretend to be dark, but only so far as one forgets everything is ridiculous.

See, the credits only show the three color Tails but isn't there usually a Black or White Tail who shows up as an enemy at first or an ally who later turns?

Perhaps I should have just said "plot" rather than serious-ish. Even if such a turn ruined that Demon Lord show from a few years back, I think it could have worked if the change actually made sense or had a coherent story.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:54 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Dark Grasper knows Twoearle, she seems pretty much be her fan. Got to say I laughed at the part digging at Aika, including "spoiler[that's a girl? She's so flat, I thought you might have put your tail gear on an ironing board]." Twoearle's lame excuses make her one of my favourites characters of the season.

Just noticed something odd, Aika is not listed on the page on this site. The only thing you can find is that Tal Blue is listed, and it is at the bottom of all the secondary characters.

And with Erina, I think the same thing was pulled in Kanon, except this took it further.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Keeps playing on expectations, mocking itself, not taking it seriously, and going overdramatic that it almost feels like it is. It pretty much joked that it is the death of literature, and called out the disguises as useless.

Am I the only one really enjoying this?
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:31 pm Reply with quote
You are certainly not. I have been loving this show, it is just to wacky not to like. It consistently cracks me up and because of that I have actually been looking forward to each new episode every week.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Not only is the humour gold each and every week, there are so many awesome girls and women I can't decide which one I like the most. Can't remember the last time I thought that about a harem show.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I am enjoying this very much as well. I just don't have anything to say every week other than i liked it or thought it was funny
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

I love how overdramatic it was, and how quickly it went through the stuff that we knew would happen. The over the top spoiler[sudden fusion technique was great as well as shooting it straight away]. And making it really hard to get a grasp of Dark Grasper. Her big crimes according to Twoearle are things that she does. well used hypocrisy.

Not to mention blatantly having her naked, asking if they can actually do it while the character does not act that oddly. Kind of makes me think of something from Samurai Flamenco. I actually think this is closer to what Samurai Flamenco should have done, instead of always trying to one up itself with crazy twists it should have started off with things a little odd and slowly build its way up subtly making jokes via presentation rather than flow of logic wildly changing.

That voice in the preview, I know that voice, she is in everything lately and that is kind of awesome.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Christ, where did all the budget go? And it was doing so well, too...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3