• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lord Marksman and Vanadis (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:40 pm Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:

Can we get some comments on the pace from someone who hasn't read the light novel?

their fight felt like it wrapped up a little too fast. it was cool, but I was hoping to see more
Enternal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
You know, I kinda get why King of Z-land would want the King of Brune to know that Elen's actions have nothing to do with his country... But aren't they already at war? Plus they already killed the opposing prince. I don't see how relations between the two countries could get any worse.

They're actually not at full war. That initial battle was simply a border skirmish. King of Brune sent the prince for a reason (although it was a stupid reason hence the consequences with the prince dead)... but I won't say any more since it would be spoiler at the moment.

And yes, Ludmilla is just a petite and I like it that way since it gives more variety to the other heavyweights haha. Besides, somehow it just fits her.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:47 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm kinda curious to see if this season will show the powers of the other Vanadis like they did with spoiler[Sofya] in the latest episode. And speaking of power, it looks like spoiler[Titta got possessed by Tir Na Fal. He shows some impressive display of use with the Black Bow although I think he should be careful of his own limits..]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Warning: Can't actually feel heart. Some sort of obstruction detected.
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Warning: Can't actually feel heart. Some sort of obstruction detected.

I was wondering that too. How does he feel any heartbeat through that much.....padding.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

I hope viewers can give Tita a break. She spoiler[nursed him back to health, was possessed by the goddess of death for him, and faced the possibility of being killed by Tigre where her clothes were blown apart]. That is not a useless character.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:07 am Reply with quote
Tigre's sharpshooting remains impressive as ever...

From that distance? Wow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Going to ask one of my dumb questions: What happened to evil duke (large version)? He and a bunch of his troops seemed to vaporize...
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Scumbag civilian

Gets rescued from enemy who was about to sell them into slavery

Complains that rescuer wasn't quick enough
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Going to ask one of my dumb questions: What happened to evil duke (large version)? He and a bunch of his troops seemed to vaporize...

I think they're still heading to the battlefield. Tigre just got there first.

kinghumanity wrote:
Scumbag civilian

Gets rescued from enemy who was about to sell them into slavery

Complains that rescuer wasn't quick enough

It's called grief.

In other news, the full opening single is out. Pretty awesome.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

2,000 vs 20,000. At least it was not 300, because the opposing army is clearly inspired by the Persian empire.

Was there some significance about the first girl they saved. She was not spoiler[the war maiden that left on a journey or something is she]? I think she has a spot in the ED.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:21 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Prince]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:49 am Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Well, it looks like they finally managed to introduce spoiler[two more Vanadis and give them more screen time - Sasha (shame her health isn't doing well) and Liza (nicknamed Rainbow Eyes for obvious reasons). The action was pretty fast I suppose. I wish they showed more Sasha's abilities..]

spoiler[Tigre also cooperates with Ludmilla and I suppose the two has a apprenticeship like relationship. Now that the campaign has begun, they need to fight in order to survive.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:03 am Reply with quote
What did Miss spoiler[Heterochrome get out of distracting her away from him and the army so that he would be forced to take them on without her]? Was her only goal to spoiler[weaken Brune so they would fall, due to an alliance that Ice Queen has broken off]?
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
What did Miss spoiler[Heterochrome get out of distracting her away from him and the army so that he would be forced to take them on without her]? Was her only goal to spoiler[weaken Brune so they would fall, due to an alliance that Ice Queen has broken off]?

Several things:

spoiler[1. to distract Ellen from Brune. She also has ties with Thenardier and Ganelon.

2. to settle a personal score with Ellen: Ellen was made responsible for capturing 's father after he was accused of treason for tax fraud, and he died during a battle while attempting to escape. Liza burned a village that Ellen grew up in to the ground to control a plague. Liza challenged Ellen to a duel and got crushed.

3. to test her new powers: Realizing she is outclassed by Ellen, Liza made a pact with a demon to become physically stronger in her right hand. Thus Ellen is surprised that Liza is much stronger than the last time they fought, though her dragon skill still overpowered Liza's at the end.

From the light novel:

“I am well aware of your strength from one year ago. No matter the methods, that is not a strength you can achieve within a year. Training aside, other than the strength of your attacks, nothing has changed, it is not so easy to approach me.” Elizavetta: “Nowhere in particular... It is a result of desperate training." Ellen: “I am well aware of your strength from one year ago. No matter the methods, that is not a strength you can achieve within a year. Training aside, other than the strength of your attacks, nothing has changed, it is not so easy to approach me.”")

At the end of the fight:

Ellen: “You... What is your purpose?”
Liza: “Though I cannot tell you, I have achieved it.” ]

Spoiler warning ahead for a possible future season 2?

spoiler[Liza becomes physically even matched with Ellen, but she will later regret her pact with the demon, to the point where she seriously considered cutting off her right hand.

Also in the 2nd arc her heterochromia becomes a focus of the story. Hopefully there's a season 2 with a bigger budget so we won't see so much stuff rushed through. ]

Last edited by kinghumanity on Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8