• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amagi Brilliant Park (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:19 am Reply with quote
Man, I would never expect Pink Mayoi and Jaws make the perfect reactionary comedic duo. Laughing

This really feels likes a throwback to KyoAni's beginnings when they first made their TV debut on Fumoffu with its glorious fanservice and outright bizarre series of events that will get the laughs out of ya. We gotta get more peeps into this.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:25 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Man, I would never expect Pink Mayoi and Jaws make the perfect reactionary comedic duo. Laughing

She is obviously sorry because she stuttered.
I assume that was the joke you were making?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:35 pm Reply with quote
So is Tiramie a guy or girl? It looks like a girl and talks like a girl, but it acts like a guy.

With a month left till the deadline, they need at least 5677 visitors each day. Not sure why he still hasn't used the dragon in an attraction. Make a cool event with the dragon flying around. The people visiting will be amazed and the news will spread like wildfire. Boom deadline met.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I figured they already had when the visitor count shot up to over 8,000 last episode. Now it's back down to around 200, even with a nice pool. :/ If they hadn't used the dragon, why was last week's attendance so high?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Lol, I TOLD YOU, man, there are always exceptions towards my favored ship types.
This is one. I'm just not feeling it here. I'm just like "......meh." Odd...but it happens once in a while.

Well I'm happy you know how I feel sometimes.

I think the language I used before was a bit strong. I don't actively ship Isuzu/Seiya, I'm just not opposed to the idea. Isuzu is quite likable so when they do hook up I won't be going "You fool, why did you pick her when Latifa is clearly the better choice!" That's pretty much what I was thinking the entire time I watched Full Metal Panic.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Oh God, the spoiler[mascots] are hilarious in this show especially in the latest episode spoiler[when they pretend to be Kanie. The episode felt different since it didn't take place at the park but the jokes were amusing and a lot of the conversations made me laugh.]

Not sure what's going on at the end though. I think the spoiler[Elemenator girls are finally getting a major spotlight especially Muse? Hmm.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

That was almost too hard to watch, actually I was cringing a lot. The spoiler[mascots would just be social suicide, but looks like he does not care enough about what others think to get angry at them]. I could tell pretty quickly that the guy holding his hair was someone in disguise, but took a moment to realise that the way he was talking was like Kanie.

Sylphy moment of the episode, spoiler[covering herself in fire works and lighting them].
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Oh my, I didn't stop laughing for the entire episode. Putting the spoiler[mascots in charge of Kanie's 'body' fo]r a few days whilst he recovers was pure genius. I almost had a heart attack when spoiler[fake Sento 'gave herself' to Kanie]. Shocked Curse you obvious zip on the head trick!

But yeah, Tiramie and Macaron were the highlights of this episode. I loved the way they teased about spoiler[Isuzu's suit] and just their general coolness and perverted-ness.

As for the scene with Muse at the end. Maybe the spoiler[Elementario girls have a big show coming up in the next episode and we all know that the only one who can dance is Sylphy, the clutz.] Laughing
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:07 am Reply with quote
Kind of amusing Sento kept the charade low key to a certain extent while the other mascots botched it (Tirami especially). Anyone noticed how Chuchou is actually fairly alone in school despite being in the same school as Kanie? And I swear, this girl looked like she walked from a Key anime show! I will say this, Kanie's VA must have had fun voice acting in this episode!

So hopefully next episode those elemental girls will get the spotlight, right?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Finally, the spoiler[fairy girls get spotlight this episode. Their performance was cute to watch imo and I think all the girls also had fun performing the the audience while passing those trials. Seems like Sylphy is the only one without a true weakness though.]

Good to know that Muse can lead the team like usual as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

When Latifa was spoiler[saying not to press it I thought that for sure it was reverse psychology and it would lead to them reconciling]. Only it seemed that is was a very convenient accident, even if it looked really obvious as fake.

I like the fairies, although focus on their personalities that they are apparently different people forced together have not been very obvious. With Sylphy at the helm they have largely been sight gags. The texting thing with emoticons is like what had been done with Isuzu getting it wrong, Salama having some spoiler[disconnect with being happy texting about being with the princess, or doing a lol (WWWWW) for panic.]

Also funny that the mascots spoiler[were leaning on the situation like the audience might, calling it anticlimactic or getting as boring].
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote
(Currently catching up)
Episode 1-2

It really feels like this anime takes itself............a little TOO seriously. When you have a premise as stupid as this it's just kind of awkward trying to make the tone all moody and dark.

I'd rather the MC just want to help out from the beginning instead of going through the cycle of him running so many situations that are just a hand fisted way to get him to join them sooner or the "There is no way I'll join!" cycle Blood- mentioned.
Douchebag business man, dramatic meeting about the parks closure, "we'll die unless you help us!, "the prophecy" (which is a rather annoying cliche in my opinion). I just don't think the show needs any of that melodramatic crap. It was fine just being random and silly.

Episode 3-4

Ahem...............perhaps I misspoke a bit Embarassed

While the opening episodes weren't the best I do like the subtle character developments going on with the main leads. The other folks in the park are pretty likeable though that punchy bear........cat.......thing took some getting used to (even if it was easy to see where he was coming from). I like that Kanei is a narcissist as it's a character type you don't see in male leads very often.

Though it helps I recently started Watching "Dark Wing Duck" Razz

Episode 5-6

More mascots being extremely vulgar and smutty? Me like Smile. Though some of the gags must be going over my head. That scene with the who had a bag over his head left me really confused. I didn't know if I was supposed to laugh or be left totally perplexed by what just happened....
The light hearted tone of the past few episodes was certainly a nice change of pace from the heavy stuff but now I'm sort of missing it............bah I can't make my mind anymore Sad

Episode 7-9

Over the course of these past few episodes I've actually been forgetting that they have a deadline now that things are going in a episodic fashion. Not sure if that's good or bad thing. Still more interesting comedic setups going around which is nice but episode 9.........kind of disappointed me. Kyoani is known for having great dancing and singing animations yet during that Karaoke scene there was so much screen panning over reused shots and items like the disco ball that I was kind of surprised. It's not like them to half ass such a scenario. It was even like that during the dancing scene. Most of the time we were just looking at the scoreboard not the girls dancing. Budget issues?

That final trial was a bit on the dark side huh? I know the princess planned for them to go through the trial but did she know what exactly the trials were or not? If she did..........that's a bit harsh of her. Shocked

Last edited by leatherhead333 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Damn, that defense system...
It sure was a challenge.
Fairies made a mess of things when they pushed the button.
Karaoke trial was fun ^^ and so was the dancing.
The rest of the guys got to enjoy watching them LOL
There was always one that sucked at something..
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 9

When Latifa was spoiler[saying not to press it I thought that for sure it was reverse psychology and it would lead to them reconciling]. Only it seemed that is was a very convenient accident, even if it looked really obvious as fake.

That's exactly what I was thinking and I'm still not convinced that it wasn't planned by spoiler[Latifa as a bonding exercise]. She knew what she was doing,spoiler[ leaving the button panel open and directing attention to it and then looking far too happy as the girls progressed through the trials.]

Overall it was a really enjoyable episode. The mascots were brilliant once again, especially the pervert Tiramie (though less perverted this time around.) Elementario really work well together with each having a particular strength to count on... Salama's tweets were also *lmao*. As always the "Show and Tell Attractions" segment was quite funny.

The next episode titledspoiler[ "Out of Options", looks as if we're going to be drifting towards finishing up the season and get to see if Kanie can turn this park around. I really want a Season 2 to be announced already!]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Good the element girls finally got the spotlight. Up until this point they've been window dressing rather than characters. Extremely nice looking window dressing who generate some great fanart, but window dressing none the less.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 14