• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Denki-gai no Honya-san (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I would have liked to see the date, but having spoiler[Umio admit that he thinks Sensei is cute] was good, too. Very Happy

And I'm glad to see that spoiler[Sensei is getting closer and closer to fulfilling her dream.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Lol, spoiler[Santa came to town. It's still a month here until Christmas though...] Also I can't help but notice how useful Umio is at times. He could make a good husband.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

spoiler[kid holding book]: "spoiler[This turtle looks just like your's dad]."
spoiler[Mother happily responds]: "It used to be an elephant."
How did they get away with that.
Also add in a guy spoiler[saying he will treat a lolicon book like his own daughter, and the artist girl being given such a sad book as learning to attract the attention of hot guys]. Still very funny.

I would say that one of my favourite parts of this show is that it shows material for both genders, I think being a little confronting with both. The show is open to such audience possibilities without just making them just a joke. Like Umio has a strong interest in moe, but it doesn't really make him dysfunctional as a person. Sensei really does not get being girly at all is rather confused by some of it, but she is earnest and can be pretty determined and has her own charm. Hio-tan can be easily flustered by the adult material, she kind of struggles with mature content, but she is still rather mature herself. Kantoku is professional despite knowing way too much seedy stuff, Fu-girl likes horror despite her femineity, and Umio, he is quiet but must have an acknowledgment of what people like and acceptance of it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:26 am Reply with quote
Keep zombies or anything similar to it away from Fu-Girl lol. Another amusing episode. I think there's a flag raised for Hio-tan...

And also, that cake made me hungry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Yep, Kantoku and Hio-tan are pretty much a couple. It was really kind of cute when they were walking with each other and such. Kantoku kind of spoiler[expressed that his frustration, and Hio-tan pretty much said to wait for an answer, but they are already very comfortable with each other].
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:07 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Ero-manga] is serious business in this series. spoiler[That kiss at the end] came as unexpected though. Kinda wonder how next episode will progress with that..
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Wasn't Sensei mostly being okay? If you can spoiler[manage extra sleep it would be good for health, and being frugal with money for food]. It seemed like they spent all that time watching her and did not want to waste the footage.

And the G man, her voice actress rocks so good for more of her. I would think that they were a little young for maybe some of those things, but I think there is some point to not being too harsh of forbidden stuff and that a good way to protect something can actually be for it to be monitored to a degree.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Sensei is my favorite character in the show. First half of the finale really highlighted her silly moments. I thought the show overall was pretty funny to watch and nothing to take serious.

And lol, the very ending had a spoiler[rap song too! Laughing]
Shikiari

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

Kantoku literally made my week by cos-playing as spoiler[Kirito], it was brilliant.

I'd have to agree that Sensei is the star of the series, possibly my new favourite Otaku girl. The scenes between her and spoiler[Umio] were just so unbelievably awkward, it was almost cringe worthy. The spoiler[manager's] rap was simply put, great!

I hope there's another half season scheduled, it's far too early in the day to finish with this show.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:02 am Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
Episode 12

Kantoku literally made my week by cos-playing as spoiler[Kirito], it was brilliant.

Apparently they were all cosplaying as characters the voice actors have played in previous shows. Someone has to figure out who they all were portraying and write that up as trivia for the encyclopedia page.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:05 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Shikiari wrote:
Episode 12

Apparently they were all cosplaying as characters the voice actors have played in previous shows. Someone has to figure out who they all were portraying and write that up as trivia for the encyclopedia page.

No need. Just let reddit do it for you lol.

Cosplay scene we have:
Umio as Sadao Maou from Hataraku Maou-sama!
Sensei as Yui Funami from Yuru Yuri.
Kantoku as Kirito from Sword Art Online.
Hio-tan as Miku Maekawa from the upcoming The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls.
Sommelier as Darwin Brooke from Outbreak Company.
Fu Girl as Azusa Nakano from K-On!
Kaneko as Mio Naganohara from Nichijou.
G-Men as Misaki Hijiri from Saint October.
Tsumori as Chiya Ujimatsu from Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:25 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

Kaneko as Mio Naganohara from Nichijou.

...I probably would have noticed that... but apparently the sky ship hadn't dropped the wooden cubes onto her head yet, they aren't any on her hair bands.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Oh my god, why has the manager only been visible so far in the previews? spoiler[That rap was glorious]. It got so weird that that I am kind of sad we did not get to see the rest of the staff through the series. Also the inclusion of the mascot felt kind of satisfying.

I loved the cosplays, and the couple like moments, if only it could have gone a little further. But at the same time I feel a little for Kameko and it makes me think she would be left out.

A rating for this season, I go for a strong Good. Really relies on acceptance of the erotic genre, but really is not itself, with gags that could kind of push it or not entirely hit. Plus the fact that the girls working at the store looking so young could be a little off putting since their content is rather adult. But I still found this series to be very charming and I am very happy I watched it, it matched my interests and then some. You get quite a few series which focus on male targeted fanservice/sexuality, but mixing it with female targeted feels a little rarer. Most of the characters in this show had their own failings that could make them look a little dorky or something, and that was okay.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:33 am Reply with quote
I rated this Very Good. The humour really tickled my funny bone and extended my streak of good luck with workplace based shows like Working!! and Servant x Service. I would have liked something more concrete on the romantic front too with the various pairings and they kind of tricked me into thinking that might happen simply because they started laying down that stuff fairly early. Oh well - perhaps in future seasons.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this series. One of the best of the season. It just felt incomplete.

I hope there's more Denki-Gai anime in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4